Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post Pictures of your 29er

2M views 7K replies 3K participants last post by  CannondaleF9 
#1 ·
Post Pictures of your 29er.
Now is the time to flaunt your beast
:thumbsup:

#2,274 ·
Picked this up on New Years Eve. Huge upgrade from my '06 26" Trek HT. A very close friend of mine who rode competitively in the past steered me towards Santa Cruz. I initially waved off the idea of a CF frame, but one I saw it in person, in the kit I wanted (SPX 2x10) and after a brief test ride, I was sold. I've never ridden a bike this high end on a trail before, it was an enormous eye opener. My confidence skyrocketed and I'm riding faster and trying more techy lines. Definitely the best purchase I've made in the past few years :thumbsup:

#2,277 ·
It is not so much personal preference as safety. Outside the leg is more likely to snag on something along the trail and either: 1. rip the line out 2. cause you to crash by jerking the wheel to one side, 3 rip the line out and you don't know it until you are going down hill causing a really bad crash.

#2,279 ·
Absolutely, but I have never had a problem with that. What has been a problem is mud stuck on the side of the tire wearing against the brake line making me have to change it.. On this fork that will not be a problem but I think you have to look at it individually and see what is most important for you.

#2,289 · (Edited)
yelli screamy

finished building her a week and a half ago but my blew the hub body out on the rear combined with weather unsuitable for riding means she hasn't been on the trails yet. Hoping to get her out tomorrow morning. SLX shifters and crank. XT Brakes, FD and RD. Tower Pro 120mm with XX-Firm "clydesdale spring" WTB Laser TCS Trail 29 wheels Waiting on orange ano handlebars and need to get a setback seatpost to round off the build.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

#2,290 ·
Did a frame swap this week and went full squish.
28lb
012 Salsa Spearfish 18in frame
XT brakes/rotors 160mm/180mm
XT FD
X9 shifters
X9 type2 RD
RS Reaba 20mm TA fork
X9 hubs WTB Laser TCS Trail rims DT double butted spokes
Raceface Turbine 2x10 crank
Sram PF30 BB Wheels manufacturing shims
Raceface Turbine stem
Easton EA70 wide flat bar
Ergon GS2 grips
Spec. Fast track control rear tire/ Bontrager 29-2 front
Campy Chorus carbon seat post
WTB Devo STL saddle
SRAM 1050 cassette
SRAM 1071 chain

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.