• 11-26-2012
    peanuthead
    2012 Sana Cruz Highball medium. All stock except seatpost and bar.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-s...P1010248-2.jpg
  • 11-26-2012
    DoinkMobb
    http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...kflatwoods.jpg

2012 Marlin at Flatwoods in Tampa.

Perfect weather on Thanksgiving. It was the first ride with a carbon bar, it felt like I needed to maintain less of a death grip on the bar going over the bumpy stuff. New pedals too, Wellgo MG-1s, I should've changed out the stock ones a loooong time ago.
  • 11-27-2012
    vince7870
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BareNecessities View Post
    Nice Niner Vince, is that a Ti spring on the shock? More photos would be good :)

Unless of course they're over in the Niner thread, where I haven't looked yet.

yes nuke proof titanium 700lb spring........Im 300 geared up!......trying to get down. those are my superduty bomber wheels......i popped 3 spokes out of my hadley/flow set. they are getting rebuilt.....these are almost 1lb heavier each
  • 11-27-2012
    cpfitness
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atom29 View Post
    Ha! I thought you would say that. If you don't care about cadence why not loose the sensor? It is a Garmin right? Let a satellite be your sensor.

Have you never seen a garmin? Its a speed and cadence sensor in 1 unit. Gps based speed is crap. Also allows readings on trainer for those of us whi actually train.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • 11-28-2012
    azpoolguy
  • 11-28-2012
    drizzoh
  • 11-28-2012
    atom29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfitness View Post
    Have you never seen a garmin? Its a speed and cadence sensor in 1 unit. Gps based speed is crap. Also allows readings on trainer for those of us whi actually train.

My statement implies that speed and cadence are coming from the same sensor.
    If I've never seen a Garmin, how would I recognize one just from the sensor and mount? Sounds a lot more like I've seen many, many Garmins.
    Don't even get me started on trainers, and even worse, using 29ers on trainers.
  • 11-28-2012
    BareNecessities
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vince7870 View Post
    yes nuke proof titanium 700lb spring........Im 300 geared up!......trying to get down. those are my superduty bomber wheels......i popped 3 spokes out of my hadley/flow set. they are getting rebuilt.....these are almost 1lb heavier each

Looks great :thumbsup: Not sure about the gold pedals?

*Says the man running gold hubs :D
  • 11-28-2012
    bigstevo
    2 Attachment(s)
    Rigid SS Niner EMD
  • 11-28-2012
    el_burras
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigstevo View Post
    Rigid SS Niner EMD

Awesome, trying to set up my spare EMD frame as SS, question, what's the magic number on the chain ring and cog in order to not use a tensioner? Bike's awesome BTW
  • 11-28-2012
    bigstevo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by el_burras View Post
    Awesome, trying to set up my spare EMD frame as SS, question, what's the magic number on the chain ring and cog in order to not use a tensioner? Bike's awesome BTW

Started 32-18 with new chain, Switching to 32-20 now that the chain has stretched.
  • 11-28-2012
    mtb_dood
    Frame just came in tonight and got it built up for a neighborhood shakedown. True test will be tomorrow on the night ride. Not real crazy about gripshift but we will see how that goes, in the mean time I'm just happy to be off my hardtail for a little while.

Orbea Occam29 Carbon:
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...orbea014-1.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/orbea022.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/orbea011.jpg

Voodoo Bokor 29
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x.../iphone023.jpg
  • 11-28-2012
    yourdaguy
    I never rode grip shift and my wife wanted grip shift and after tooling around on her bike it is pretty nice. I don't think you will be dissapointed at all. Trim on the front, easy to roll up or down several gears at a time on the rear. Probably shifts better under load when going to larger sprocket in rear, etc.
  • 11-29-2012
    marti
    3 Attachment(s)
    My new Giant XTC advanced 29er 2 in XL, looking forward to the first ride.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  • 11-29-2012
    ATX_fix
    She's a dirty girl, but rides like a champ... Just threw on a carbon bar and seatpost today. Broke 'em in on a nightride earlier. Love it!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...20/image-1.jpg
  • 11-29-2012
    Magilla_Guerrilla
    2 Attachment(s)
    Tb!
    Here's my new toy. First ride will be a 6 hour solo race on the weekend!
  • 11-29-2012
    ItsWin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atom29 View Post
    Are you really worried about cadence?

That's a Garmin mount - it transmits both speed and cadence from the rear wheel. I'm a masher, not a spinner, so cadence is the last thing on my mind ;)
  • 12-03-2012
    cpfitness
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 742212my first mtb. Went straight to a 29er. Bought the frame and fork cheap then built her up from the parts bin, ebay and craigslist. Slx cranks shifters and cassette, xt fd and rd. Wtb laser tcs trail wheels. She built up to 27lbs even with that piece of crap fork. Will learn to ride some offroad and look to replace frame and fork with chinese carbon and tower pro

• 12-03-2012
    cpfitness
    Re: Post Pictures of your 29er
    duplicate
  • 12-03-2012
    _Alberto_
  • 12-03-2012
    jayseakay
  • 12-03-2012
    1 cog frog
    Nice!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    12' Mamba with a bunch of mods.

You ride a 12' Mamba? Black mamba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are bad@$$!:thumbsup:

Does it roll (or should I say slide) better than a 29er? ;)

All joking aside, good looking rig, ride on!

frog
  • 12-03-2012
    _Alberto_
    LOL I actually read that Wiki article. Thanks!
  • 12-04-2012
    memi
    @Alberto, that is in patapsco Avelon...love this place!
  • 12-04-2012
    bsieb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yourdaguy View Post
    atom29: I have a similar setup on all my MTB's not because I am so worried about cadence, but because there are so many advantages to using the rear for speed and generally the wireless computers that have rear wheel pickup also have cadence.
    Advantages:
    1. If you put your bike on a trainer, you still get speed (and cadence)
    2. More accurate mileage/speed readings.
    3. No interference/adjustment issues when removing the front wheel for transport.
    Disadvantages-none that I am aware of.
    In regards to #2 above; on all 2 wheel vehicles (I guess I would have to except the Segway) the front wheel always travels further than the rear wheel unless you always go completely straight. On a curvy course the cumulative error adds up. In local testing we have done it amounts to the difference of 7.20 to 7.32 on our local curvy course with 2.2 29er tires.

The rear is just off in the other direction, the mid-point would be the actual, IMO.