Page 40 of 116 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 5786
  1. #1951
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zion Rasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,421

    It is Sick!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Nice spec of spare parts.
    Thank you Optimus!
    Those parts have been laying around in the garage since the move. I took them off an EMD9 which I did not like the ride. And then I saw they were blowing the frames at Jensonusa.

    My Main MTB is a Niner one 9, otherwise Road...
    Last edited by Zion Rasta; 11-23-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sit and spin my ass...

  2. #1952
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zion Rasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,421
    Moderators can you please delete the last three posts, the look like spam...
    Sit and spin my ass...

  3. #1953
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by 06DODGECTD View Post
    Showing the new Mavic Crossmax ST wheelset on the Rip 9!




    Awesome bike!!!

  4. #1954
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LSV2NV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15

  5. #1955
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    31
    Nice ride!

  6. #1956
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    25
    My 2010 Paradox.
















  7. #1957
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    56
    There is no Alu frame as sexy as Paradox.

  8. #1958
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    14
    Here's my "new" (new to me!) 2010 Gary Fisher (Trek) Cobia 29er. I know this is basically an entry-level bike, but I'm new to mountain biking and have enjoyed the hell out of it so far.

    Bone stock except the 185mm front rotor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-img_8894.jpg  


  9. #1959
    Just Ride!
    Reputation: kustomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett79 View Post
    Here's my "new" (new to me!) 2010 Gary Fisher (Trek) Cobia 29er. I know this is basically an entry-level bike, but I'm new to mountain biking and have enjoyed the hell out of it so far.
    Make no apologies,that is a great bike! Welcome to mountain biking.

  10. #1960
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wallstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by kustomz View Post
    make no apologies,that is a great bike! Welcome to mountain biking.
    +1

  11. #1961
    mtbr member
    Reputation: atom29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsWin View Post

    Are you really worried about cadence?

  12. #1962
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36
    Here's my dirty Fuji 29er Tahoe Pro.



  13. #1963
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by aquito View Post
    Here's my dirty Fuji 29er Tahoe Pro.
    They're supposed to be dirty.

  14. #1964
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by kustomz View Post
    Make no apologies,that is a great bike! Welcome to mountain biking.
    +2

  15. #1965
    4 Niners
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,113
    atom29: I have a similar setup on all my MTB's not because I am so worried about cadence, but because there are so many advantages to using the rear for speed and generally the wireless computers that have rear wheel pickup also have cadence.
    Advantages:
    1. If you put your bike on a trainer, you still get speed (and cadence)
    2. More accurate mileage/speed readings.
    3. No interference/adjustment issues when removing the front wheel for transport.
    Disadvantages-none that I am aware of.
    In regards to #2 above; on all 2 wheel vehicles (I guess I would have to except the Segway) the front wheel always travels further than the rear wheel unless you always go completely straight. On a curvy course the cumulative error adds up. In local testing we have done it amounts to the difference of 7.20 to 7.32 on our local curvy course with 2.2 29er tires.
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

  16. #1966
    mtbr member
    Reputation: atom29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    318
    Ha! I thought you would say that. If you don't care about cadence why not loose the sensor? It is a Garmin right? Let a satellite be your sensor.

  17. #1967
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36
    Another one of my Fuji after a trail ride today


  18. #1968
    4 Niners
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,113
    Those satellites don't work on a trainer.
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

  19. #1969
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    86
    WFO9 with modded 36 180....bcd just delivered the mod and all I can say is wow! Super stiff suspension for days.

    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...7359058DE0.jpg

  20. #1970
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    86
    <a href="http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/invinceable78/?action=view&current=A63E5181-56C9-4286-9042-ADB4C7A9BBDE-746-0000007359058DE0.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/invinceable78/A63E5181-56C9-4286-9042-ADB4C7A9BBDE-746-0000007359058DE0.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos" /></a>

  21. #1971
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    57

    Orbea Alma

    I've had this for a few weeks now but haven't gotten any decent photos of it until this past weekend. I upgraded from a Trek Cobia to a 2011 Orbea Alma H30. Awesome XC race machine!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-photo-1.jpg  

    Post Pictures of your 29er-photo-2.jpg  


  22. #1972
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BareNecessities's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by vince7870 View Post
    <a href="http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/invinceable78/?action=view&current=A63E5181-56C9-4286-9042-ADB4C7A9BBDE-746-0000007359058DE0.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/invinceable78/A63E5181-56C9-4286-9042-ADB4C7A9BBDE-746-0000007359058DE0.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos" /></a>
    Nice Niner Vince, is that a Ti spring on the shock? More photos would be good

    Unless of course they're over in the Niner thread, where I haven't looked yet.

  23. #1973
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    301

    Hope

    Enjoy, I do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-p4pb8937173.jpeg  

    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

  24. #1974
    mtbr member
    Reputation: meatpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    69
    Spot Rocker just finished building up... most fun i've had on a bike in a long time...


  25. #1975
    mtbr member
    Reputation: peanuthead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    113
    2012 Sana Cruz Highball medium. All stock except seatpost and bar.


  26. #1976
    I hate sugar sand.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    115


    2012 Marlin at Flatwoods in Tampa.

    Perfect weather on Thanksgiving. It was the first ride with a carbon bar, it felt like I needed to maintain less of a death grip on the bar going over the bumpy stuff. New pedals too, Wellgo MG-1s, I should've changed out the stock ones a loooong time ago.

  27. #1977
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by BareNecessities View Post
    Nice Niner Vince, is that a Ti spring on the shock? More photos would be good

    Unless of course they're over in the Niner thread, where I haven't looked yet.
    yes nuke proof titanium 700lb spring........Im 300 geared up!......trying to get down. those are my superduty bomber wheels......i popped 3 spokes out of my hadley/flow set. they are getting rebuilt.....these are almost 1lb heavier each

  28. #1978
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by atom29 View Post
    Ha! I thought you would say that. If you don't care about cadence why not loose the sensor? It is a Garmin right? Let a satellite be your sensor.
    Have you never seen a garmin? Its a speed and cadence sensor in 1 unit. Gps based speed is crap. Also allows readings on trainer for those of us whi actually train.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  29. #1979
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985

  30. #1980
    Andrew
    Reputation: drizzoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    170
    Rode to work today..

    2012 Trek Superfly 100

  31. #1981
    mtbr member
    Reputation: atom29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by cpfitness View Post
    Have you never seen a garmin? Its a speed and cadence sensor in 1 unit. Gps based speed is crap. Also allows readings on trainer for those of us whi actually train.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    My statement implies that speed and cadence are coming from the same sensor.
    If I've never seen a Garmin, how would I recognize one just from the sensor and mount? Sounds a lot more like I've seen many, many Garmins.
    Don't even get me started on trainers, and even worse, using 29ers on trainers.

  32. #1982
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BareNecessities's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by vince7870 View Post
    yes nuke proof titanium 700lb spring........Im 300 geared up!......trying to get down. those are my superduty bomber wheels......i popped 3 spokes out of my hadley/flow set. they are getting rebuilt.....these are almost 1lb heavier each
    Looks great Not sure about the gold pedals?

    *Says the man running gold hubs

  33. #1983
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rigid SS Niner EMD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-stephens-phone-pics-240.jpg  

    Post Pictures of your 29er-stephens-phone-pics-251.jpg  


  34. #1984
    mtbr member
    Reputation: el_burras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstevo View Post
    Rigid SS Niner EMD
    Awesome, trying to set up my spare EMD frame as SS, question, what's the magic number on the chain ring and cog in order to not use a tensioner? Bike's awesome BTW

  35. #1985
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by el_burras View Post
    Awesome, trying to set up my spare EMD frame as SS, question, what's the magic number on the chain ring and cog in order to not use a tensioner? Bike's awesome BTW
    Started 32-18 with new chain, Switching to 32-20 now that the chain has stretched.

  36. #1986
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    84
    Frame just came in tonight and got it built up for a neighborhood shakedown. True test will be tomorrow on the night ride. Not real crazy about gripshift but we will see how that goes, in the mean time I'm just happy to be off my hardtail for a little while.

    Orbea Occam29 Carbon:






    Voodoo Bokor 29

  37. #1987
    4 Niners
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,113
    I never rode grip shift and my wife wanted grip shift and after tooling around on her bike it is pretty nice. I don't think you will be dissapointed at all. Trim on the front, easy to roll up or down several gears at a time on the rear. Probably shifts better under load when going to larger sprocket in rear, etc.
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

  38. #1988
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    32
    My new Giant XTC advanced 29er 2 in XL, looking forward to the first ride.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-uploadfromtaptalk1354179070658.jpg  

    Post Pictures of your 29er-uploadfromtaptalk1354179089353.jpg  

    Post Pictures of your 29er-uploadfromtaptalk1354179105307.jpg  


  39. #1989
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ATX_fix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    71
    She's a dirty girl, but rides like a champ... Just threw on a carbon bar and seatpost today. Broke 'em in on a nightride earlier. Love it!


  40. #1990
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Magilla_Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    253

    Tb!

    Here's my new toy. First ride will be a 6 hour solo race on the weekend!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-tallboy1.jpg  

    Post Pictures of your 29er-tallboy2.jpg  


  41. #1991
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by atom29 View Post
    Are you really worried about cadence?
    That's a Garmin mount - it transmits both speed and cadence from the rear wheel. I'm a masher, not a spinner, so cadence is the last thing on my mind

  42. #1992
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    981
    Post Pictures of your 29er-uploadfromtaptalk1354577807589.jpgmy first mtb. Went straight to a 29er. Bought the frame and fork cheap then built her up from the parts bin, ebay and craigslist. Slx cranks shifters and cassette, xt fd and rd. Wtb laser tcs trail wheels. She built up to 27lbs even with that piece of crap fork. Will learn to ride some offroad and look to replace frame and fork with chinese carbon and tower pro

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  43. #1993
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    981

    Re: Post Pictures of your 29er

    duplicate
    Last edited by cpfitness; 12-03-2012 at 07:15 PM.

  44. #1994
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    538
    12' Mamba with a bunch of mods. Loving the new 120mm fork.




  45. #1995
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    153

  46. #1996
    Mtn Biker Machinist
    Reputation: 1 cog frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    947

    Nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    12' Mamba with a bunch of mods.
    You ride a 12' Mamba? Black mamba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    You are bad@$$!

    Does it roll (or should I say slide) better than a 29er?

    All joking aside, good looking rig, ride on!

    frog
    Last edited by 1 cog frog; 12-03-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: fixed quote

  47. #1997
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    538
    LOL I actually read that Wiki article. Thanks!

  48. #1998
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    234
    @Alberto, that is in patapsco Avelon...love this place!

  49. #1999
    saddlemeat
    Reputation: bsieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdaguy View Post
    atom29: I have a similar setup on all my MTB's not because I am so worried about cadence, but because there are so many advantages to using the rear for speed and generally the wireless computers that have rear wheel pickup also have cadence.
    Advantages:
    1. If you put your bike on a trainer, you still get speed (and cadence)
    2. More accurate mileage/speed readings.
    3. No interference/adjustment issues when removing the front wheel for transport.
    Disadvantages-none that I am aware of.
    In regards to #2 above; on all 2 wheel vehicles (I guess I would have to except the Segway) the front wheel always travels further than the rear wheel unless you always go completely straight. On a curvy course the cumulative error adds up. In local testing we have done it amounts to the difference of 7.20 to 7.32 on our local curvy course with 2.2 29er tires.
    The rear is just off in the other direction, the mid-point would be the actual, IMO.
    I ride with the best people.




  50. #2000
    4 Niners
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,113
    The rear actually takes the actual distance traveled by the bike compared to the front that always travels further.
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •