Page 12 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    hey luv, you forgot to include a picture of your third baby

edit: ok the pic is showing now!
    Last edited by jacques_anquetil; 01-06-2010 at 01:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2adjust

I haven't been this excited since the birth of my second son! My new baby (bike) weighs in at 24.2 lbs, is 18". I had no intention of becoming a weight weanie since i weigh in at 240 lbs..What's saving a couple of grams of bike weight when I can shed body weight?? But, the parts I used got me there. Can't wait to take her out on her maiden voyage. It'll be in the snow this weekend!
    Specs:
    Razzo Frame
    Fox 29RL 100mm fork
    Cane Creek 110 Headset
    Ritchey WCS Stem
    Ritchey WCD Carbon Rizer bars
    SRAM X-9 Shifters, Front and Rear Derailleur
    SRAM PG990 Rear Cassette
    Truvativ Carbon Fiber seatpost
    Truvativ Stylo Crank
    Avid BB-7 Brakes, SpeedDial 7 levers
    Velocity Blunt 29ers XT hubs
    Michelin AT XC

This is my first 29er and I am so excited, I've been riding a 1996 Proflex for 14 years!
    Can I ask, How tall are you and your inseam?

THanks

The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Jun 2006
    6'0, 32" inseam, it's an 18" frame. I have a 400mm carbon fiber seatpost on the way, the one pictured here is the one i took off my old Proflex..It felt a little too short since i had to cut it down for my Proflex

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GpzGuy
    Very nice. Here's mine:
    Thanks, your bike is nice to.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    6'0, 32" inseam, it's an 18" frame. I have a 400mm carbon fiber seatpost on the way, the one pictured here is the one i took off my old Proflex..It felt a little too short since i had to cut it down for my Proflex
    I just bought the complete Razzo 18" and at 5'9"ish and 30" inseam the TT in touching my crotch when both feet are on the ground. I'm gonna say that I may need to return it and get a smaller size.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Ventana El Comandante

Just posted in the Ventana forum too, but hey - when you're in love you've got to shout about it!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-dsc03319.jpg  

Post Pictures of your 29er-dsc03322.jpg  

Post Pictures of your 29er-dsc03327.jpg  

The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HeezaGeeza
    Just posted in the Ventana forum too, but hey - when you're in love you've got to shout about it!!
    That makes me want to convert to single speed, especially with that setup. What is that called? very intriguing..Love the hubs too..

I Ride for Donuts
    My first 29er!

In progress... It rides like crap right now with no air in the only tire and no chain, fork, or handlebars, but as you can see, it's got special needs. Give it time. It's a late bloomer.

You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

The Knights Who Say "Ni"
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    My first 29er!

In progress... It rides like crap right now with no air in the only tire and no chain, fork, or handlebars, but as you can see, it's got special needs. Give it time. It's a late bloomer.

That is classic. My first experience with a Specialized product..I started mountain biking in 1994 and had a Specialized Helmet. I bailed hard and the "i" and the "z" peeled off my helmet when my head hit a rock...From that point on, we called my helmet Special Ed. And yes as a matter of fact I did ride the short bus as a kid. My parents told me it's because the "big bus" couldn't complete the turn in our cul-de-sac, but I knew better. Window lickers unite!!

mtbr member
    here are my three
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-rip-9.jpg  

Post Pictures of your 29er-salsa-pic.jpg  

Post Pictures of your 29er-spot-pic.jpg  

Is this where I write something witty?

mtbr member
    Here is my ride. That 29er kool aid just keeps tasting better and better... Planning on picking up a 09 or 10 Turner Sultan this year. So sweet!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-img_0937.jpg  

Post Pictures of your 29er-img_0938.jpg  

Post Pictures of your 29er-img_0939.jpg  

mtbr member
    Ditched the Lynskey, and while I decide what's next picked up an EM for cheap @ Universal Cycles. Arrived on Tuesday evening, built up late Tues early Wed. @ the trail by noon. Great shake down ride. I have a reba for tough long rocky days, woodchippers for gravel/urban rides, gears for when I need 'em.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    nice EM, bit hard to see from the distance. From memory when I tested the bike it perform well with rigid fork on all terrain, even on the most technical trails. Also, when I tested with suspension fork it just made comfortable to ride

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    One of the last Merlin Jones

Homebrew modded chainset
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-p1020821.jpg  

Post Pictures of your 29er-p1020826.jpg  

V-Shaped Rut
    Thats hot. I'm completely ignorant about belt drives, are those rear pivots to do with it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    That makes me want to convert to single speed, especially with that setup. What is that called? very intriguing..Love the hubs too..
    It's a Gates Carbon Belt Drive system. Been riding SS for about a year now (still have an FS geared as well). Love the simplicity of it and when I saw Ventana had a frame that took the belt drive system I went for it.

Low maintenance, silent, and durable (around 10,000 km on one belt apparently). Time will tell........

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by big_slacker
    Thats hot. I'm completely ignorant about belt drives, are those rear pivots to do with it?
    In a way. They aren't actually pivots in a normal sense, just allow the slider to rotate on a central axis but they also act as a break in the seat stay that allows you to install the belt. As the belt can't be broken (unlike a chain) you cannot get it in the rear triangle unless there is a break in the frame.

Some builders do it at the slider, others on the seat stays and some designs are better than others. Personally, I think the Ventana slider system is perfect and I can't find any fault with it. The bike can still be run as a normal HT, geared or single speed with a chain. The sliders allow you to tension chain without an EBB if running single speed.

I'm a bit of a 'bleeding edge' kind of person, will try any new gadget so I thought I'd give the belt a try. It's been a learning curve to set it up as it requires precise alignment, but once you get the hang of it it's fine.

Saves weight, no need to oil / lube, not affected by mud or rain and does not stretch. Of course there are downsides. If it a belt breaks you can't rejoin it, but all you need to do is carry a spare in your bag, which weighs a lot less than a chain anyway.

A lot of commuter bikes are now using belts, including Trek, Nicolai etc. Because you can't run gears it's appeal in MTB is limited, however they are compatible with Alfine and Rolhoff hubs so you can get gears in a way. Expect to see it more I think over time.

For more info, check out http://www.carbondrivesystems.com/ if you're interested.

I Ride for Donuts

Some builders do it at the slider, others on the seat stays and some designs are better than others. Personally, I think the Ventana slider system is perfect and I can't find any fault with it. The bike can still be run as a normal HT, geared or single speed with a chain. The sliders allow you to tension chain without an EBB if running single speed.
    I haven't tried one yet, but I agree that Ventana nailed it with that design. Others look a bit sketchy, but I would completely trust that from the get-go. Considering a belt on my next commuter. That frame is now way up on the list. I'll go with an alfine set-up when I do it. Sweet ride and thanks for sharing
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeRacer
    nice EM, bit hard to see from the distance. From memory when I tested the bike it perform well with rigid fork on all terrain, even on the most technical trails. Also, when I tested with suspension fork it just made comfortable to ride
    WR,

Thanks.... really only the frame/fork/headset/BB7's are stock everything else was upgraded. The picture was to post to my local forum to point out that some douche removed the only obstacle (just recently as it was there on 1/1) in that section... off camber tree that forced you to really umph to get up and over.... I really hate trail sanitation.

First impressions of the EM... very nice, makes me wonder if I even need to go with the custom build I had planned on... I'll give the EM 6 months while I save up for the custom, if I still feel the same, I'll just put the $ away for a rainy day.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    some nice bikes there folks...

here's my voodoo, canzo... snow covered green swamp frog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-snowdoo.jpg  

Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

V-Shaped Rut
    Because you can't run gears it's appeal in MTB is limited,
    Except for those of us who have no use for shifting.

I know the spot longboard also used belt drive, I just hadn't seen the ventana version.

Kind of interesting because harleys have been doing belt drive for a while and even a few less powerful sportbikes (buell), but dirt bikes not so much. The reason being rocks in between the cog/belt could wreck it quick. I wonder how this might play out long term wise with MTBs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Coconino

Frame: Coconino custom steel 29er
    Fork: Fox F29 RLC FIT 100mm 15QR
    Wheelset: Stans Flow/Hope Pro II front/Hadley rear
    Headset & BB: Hope
    Handlebar: Ritchey carbon lo-rise
    Brakes: Hope X2 180f/160r
    Seatpost & Stem: Thomson
    Cranks: Shimano XT w/Spot SS 32t chainring/Gamut P20 & N-gear jumpstop
    Shifter & cassette: Shimano XT
    Grips: ESI chunky
    Saddle: WTB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures of your 29er-headbadge4.jpg  

Post Pictures of your 29er-bike2.jpg  

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    The green rims work with that Voodoo! Anyone else tried the matching frame/rims thing?
    Controversial idea for most I'm thinking.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

Page 12 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast