Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er

639K views 2K replies 705 participants last post by  Brian Grimes 
#1 ·
I really want to see those beauties. Bring on the bike pron.

#1,526 ·
Nice! This is exactly what I've been thinking about lately: a regular 29er that can fit the fat rubber. With a steel frame, I wonder if a little "persuasion" could gain you any tire clearance.

How does the Trax Fatty width compare to the Knard? I used to have a Niner SIR9 frame, and it could almost clear a Knard in the rear. If the tire were just a bit smaller...

2007 Raleigh XXIX with a Knard 29X3.0 up front and a Vee Rubber Trax Fatty out back. The Vee BARELY fits. Currently set up with tubes but hoping to change that this weekend. Only have one ride on this build, but it was a fun one!

View attachment 941953

#1,528 ·
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork

Origin 8 Scout 29

2.4" Purgatory Control out back fits with a few mm to spare.

Vee Rubber Trax Max in front easily fits in the Karate Monkey fork.

Both on Blunt 35 rims and tubeless.

#1,545 ·
2012 Kona Unit

Just put new tires on for this late spring/summer season and wanted to share. My 2012 Kona Unit. Those are Schwalbe Big Apple 28x2.35's. A lot more clearance than I thought. I absolutely love this frame. I also dropped down from a 90mm stem to a 70mm. Other wise mostly stock. This year I gave it a complete overhaul, cleaning and re-greasing of all bearings. So far so good. I won't change what ain't broken. This falls under a few categories so you're likely to see my pic in other threads.
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.