Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

This is a great build.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEtheDOG
    There are some beautiful Retrotecs in this thread. This one is NOT mine but I love the execution and it certainly belongs here.

The Color scheme on this was the inspiration for my Pear. Curtis has an eye for colors on retro builds like no other.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Not Quite SS, Currently A 1 X 5 With 45c Knobbies
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Noli Me Tangere
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbike
    Not Quite SS, Currently A 1 X 5 With 45c Knobbies
    Then it shouldn't quite be in this thread then...
    Annie are you ok? Are you ok, Annie?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    ok next time i ride i won't shift. LOL. thread nazi!! fully rigid is what caught my eye

trail rat
    Next thing someone will post a motorcycle, since "it is not quite" a bike, but has two wheels. Public education and reading skills just are not what they used to be.

Everyone, if you add those folks to your "Ignore" list, you hide their posts, since they have nothing to contribute. except off topic shiz.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Go make a difference
    Mine may not be as sweet looking at the Retrotec's but's mine and I love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-ww-lake-howard.jpg  

Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-ww-trail-sign-sylacauga.jpg  

Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-charles-riding-skinny.jpg  

Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Holy cow you people are uptight! What a way to go thru life- worried about what people post on an internet forum thread. Actually caring.

Masher
    Holy cow you people are uptight! What a way to go thru life- worried about what people post on an internet forum thread. Actually caring.
    I know its a strange notion to you but some of us do care about this community and want it to be useful, healthy and accessible. Some might take it more seriously than others and asking that thread content stay on topic might seem petty, but the impetus behind it is correct in that we want the format that this forum is based on to continue as efficiently as possible.

You might call it uptight, but I call it respect.

And trust me, they might scold someone for posting content out of context, but they aren't losing any sleep over it.

Neither am I.

mtbr member
    ok next time i ride i won't shift. LOL. thread nazi!! fully rigid is what caught my eye
    R.I.F. You can always start your own thread, or you could just post here:

Post Pictures of your 29er

mtbr member
    I started this thread. I put the qualifications in UPPERCASE. It's OK that you posted your bike, but I would rather see FULLY RIGID SS 29ers. It's not about being uptight. It's about being able to look at all the beautiful bikes out there that meet that criteria. I really love seeing what others are riding and all the different setups. Anyway, I hope the others will leave you alone. I personally would rather see more bikes than replies filled with banter.

P.S. I have a great life, a wife, and kids. This thread doesn't even make it to my list of worries.

trail rat
    Back on topic.

First love.

Rigid, fixed, alt bars
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Well I'd delete my post if I could, but it seems I can't. So of all the horrors in the world; I guess the picture of my 1 x 5 will stay. I didn't know it would disrupt the flow of the thread so much. Ask the moderator to delete it if it is causing so much trouble.

If it makes you feel better I'll turn it into a 1x1 this weekend and repost. Would this be OK with the jury?

I thought most, like me, appreciated bikes of all configurations. How many 1 x 5's do you see?

Wow, this is actually the first time I've run into mountain bikers that were so uptight (territorial?). I know it's not a 29er rider character trait. Could it be an SS thing?

mtbr member
    Wow, this is actually the first time I've run into mountain bikers that were so uptight (territorial?). I know it's not a 29er rider character trait. Could it be an SS thing?
    Pot - Kettle. Let it go FFS

Noli Me Tangere
    Jul 2008
    No one is being a post Nazi here. Its just that when everyone follows the rules (or the intent of the thread) then someone doesn't, of course its going to be pointed out.

If you made a mistake, own up to it and laugh it off. No big deal. Cop an attitude, then well, you'd look like an ass.

Masher
    Well I'd delete my post if I could, but it seems I can't. So of all the horrors in the world; I guess the picture of my 1 x 5 will stay. I didn't know it would disrupt the flow of the thread so much. Ask the moderator to delete it if it is causing so much trouble.

If it makes you feel better I'll turn it into a 1x1 this weekend and repost. Would this be OK with the jury?

I thought most, like me, appreciated bikes of all configurations. How many 1 x 5's do you see?

No one is operating in this extreme except you. It's just, for future reference, please follow the rules. Inherent in that statement is that we would like to see you post again. No hard feelings.

Unless you are just incapable of apologizing sincerely and moving on.

And if you don't know any uptight mountain bikers than you either don't know many or only know slow ones.

mtbr member
    This thread is being derailed too easily by petty comments...

Lets get it back on topic and keep it alive because there are some quite fabulous bikes being posted.

My winter beater / wife's summer cruiser:

Very soon to have matching Godzilla Green 853 Niner fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Got this Outcast last year and made a few upgrades. Overall it's been a great ride and tons of fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-dscn0975_2.jpg  

mtbr member

It's go time

WNC Native

Some of mine

This one was the one before last

Then had this

Now I have this
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

max_29

soma

soma juice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-p1020418_sm.jpg  

TJW
    mtbr member
    May 2010

We the people ...

Nice rigs you guys have
    I can't wait to get my first 29er this week.
    Keep em coming

recognize the slowness

I was beginning to think I was alone...

Thanks for sharing the pics and the inspiration.

I am still on my Mary SS only upgrades have been wheels and tires. Sounds like a car thing.

Anyway here is a pick from last year of me actually riding it

There were 3 Full rigid SS bikes on that trip. One was a 26er but we don't hold that against him...too much

JB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-img_1599.jpg  

Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-img_1587.jpg  

"mountain biking and flyfishing, what more do you want?" - Yeah, I said it

Noli Me Tangere
    Jul 2008
    On a beach ride yesterday: Manhattan Beach heading towards El Porto

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

My BlackCat - V 2

Just got this back from being repainted...now it truly is a "Black" cat. Over last 2 1/2years have swapped fork (Ahearne w/internal cable routing), bars (Ti Luv Handles) and am finally tubeless. It is dialed in!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-blackcat-v2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Been riding the Swift for over a year now...great bike!

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast