Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1535
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by docter_zab View Post

That dab of color coordination goes a long way. Nice. You ride anything technical with those tires? Seems like they would break loose in all conditions...does that make them "predictable"?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

2 Rigid SSs

Only one is a 29er though. My riding buddy that day was 5 and a little short for the big wheels.

Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-329.jpgPost pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-323.jpg
    Last edited by RonInLauderdale; 09-04-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: fix picture
    Sorry about that. I was a little bit drunk.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er

Finally I can be a part of this!
    Soma juice powder coated.
    70mm stem with 730mm bars = the perfect feel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

Bicycle Addict
    Nice color choice on that Juice.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er

Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post
    Nice color choice on that Juice.
    Thanks! I bought it used like that last week. I absolutely love it. Put in some good mileage this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    My current rigid/SS/29ers:

Blackbuck:

Singular Gryphon:

Two rigid/SS/29ers is perhaps one too many. I'm not in love with either one of these, so I need to do some more back to back comparo riding, and may the best bike win! (though actually the winner may be my Stumpjumper FSR--I've really been enjoying my full sus/geared/26er latetly!)
    Last edited by seat_boy; 08-06-2013 at 05:14 AM.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I predict you are not going to like that straight thin fork on the Gryphon very much. Whichever one you keep, put a Niner carbon fork on it and you will like it even more. I have a 2nd gen Sir with the Niner fork and it is way better. Not so much at soaking up bumps which is what everyone thinks, but the steel forks flex a lot under hard braking and the Niner flexes much less. Also, the steering precision is better. You should switch the forks and wheels between the bikes to see if any difference you feel is the fork, wheels or the bike.
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I notice it looks like you have a dingle speed setup. My Sir is set up Dingle Speed also. 34-18 and 32-20

mtbr member
    Your prediction is wrong, so far. The fork on the Gryphon is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaguy View Post
    I predict you are not going to like that straight thin fork on the Gryphon very much. Whichever one you keep, put a Niner carbon fork on it and you will like it even more. I have a 2nd gen Sir with the Niner fork and it is way better. Not so much at soaking up bumps which is what everyone thinks, but the steel forks flex a lot under hard braking and the Niner flexes much less. Also, the steering precision is better. You should switch the forks and wheels between the bikes to see if any difference you feel is the fork, wheels or the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I've never ridden either bike, seat boy, but I always had a soft spot for the Blackbucks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I bought my first fully rigid singlespeed 29er summer of 2011 and will probably never go back.

Here's my totally stock Redline Flight SS Monocog 29er:

Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-tet-057.jpg

Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-tet-059.jpg

SS in CO
    just got mine back from the shop. removed the Reba & put on a new headset & Carver carbon fork. also installed new dingle-speed gears.

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

Disabled Vet
    NICE,Italian
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

lcc
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-img_20130820_201103_183.jpgPost pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-img_20130820_200713_651.jpg

My new Origin8 Scout. Chainline now sorted...I freakin' love this thing!!!

Mulleticious
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson44 View Post
    just got mine back from the shop. removed the Reba & put on a new headset & Carver carbon fork. also installed new dingle-speed gears.

J.
    yeah - nice bike. I think I can work it out, but does anyone have a link to how to set up a dingle speed properly...?

mtbr member
    Nimble 9 w/ VooDoo Zombie fork

Untitled by chadledge, on Flickr

SS in CO
    Quote Originally Posted by BigwheelsRbest View Post
    yeah - nice bike. I think I can work it out, but does anyone have a link to how to set up a dingle speed properly...?
    my buddy just said to try to keep each cog within 2 teeth of each other so that the chain length would be relatively the same. for instance, I'm running 32x18 as my low gear, and 34x16 as my high gear. so the cogs (both fronts & both rears) are within 2 teeth of each other.

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    If you go 2 teeth on the front then you go 2 teeth on the back and 2 is recommended in my case because 3 on each end would be a huge difference. 2 is about 10-12 gear inches generally. In some cases you might want to do 1 tooth each such as when both gears are going to be used "off road" The way to set the chain tension is off the big front small rear. Due to the way chain wrap works, that will always be the "tightest" pair. Also, it is better to get real SS rings especially for the small front big back pair since the chain will run a little loose on that combo. Before I switched to SS rings I had to constantly tighten the chain to as tight as I could go on the Big front Small rear combo in order to not have it occasionally jump when on the other set on long hills. I run 32x20 and 34x18 all with SS cogs/rings. I can run the tall gearing on the easier trails around here and on the street and switch to the lower gearing for the really steep places.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Love the monocogs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dial Tone View Post
    Redline Monocog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hallowedpoint View Post
    Monocog, for the money, are super sweet, I have had both monocog and flight and love them both..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by driver145 View Post
    Monocog visits the beach.
    What more do you need, a monocog and the beach, oooo wait, I was just dreaming..lol...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post
    Subscribed
    Best subscription you could ever buy..

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by puntinhead11 View Post
    Monocog, for the money, are super sweet, I have had both monocog and flight and love them both..
    I agree, best bang for the buck.

How are you liking that White carbon fork...? I am looking at one for my 2011 Monocog Flight SS 29er.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    2011 Stout...cheap, heavy, and fun.Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er-001-1-4.jpg

mtbr member

Re: Post pics of your FULLY RIGID SS 29er

Quote Originally Posted by ShoppingBag View Post
    I agree, best bang for the buck.

How are you liking that White carbon fork...? I am looking at one for my 2011 Monocog Flight SS 29er.
    I love my white brothers fork! I have been through two other frames since I had it on that monocog.. The frames keep breaking but the fork is still going strong..

Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast