mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Pivot switchblade weights and climbing ability. Any owners opinions?

I'm seriously considering a pivot switchblade after demoing a 429 trail and being underwhelmed and an ibis Ripley LS which was superb but too short. No chance of being able to demo one at the minute so trawling for info and ride reviews. A review in MBR mag said it was over weight even with carbon rims and could be longer. Can anyone give any actual weights for size large with carbon hoops? Also how does it climb? I'm a massive DW link fan for its climbing ability, the Ripley was awesome and out climbed any bike I've ridden.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    There's a huge thread in the Pivot forum. I own a large and I'm in Phoenix. I'm pretty stoked with the bike, once I dumped the B+ wheels.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

Grand Master Jedi
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigglet13 View Post
    I'm seriously considering a pivot switchblade after demoing a 429 trail and being underwhelmed and an ibis Ripley LS which was superb but too short. No chance of being able to demo one at the minute so trawling for info and ride reviews. A review in MBR mag said it was over weight even with carbon rims and could be longer. Can anyone give any actual weights for size large with carbon hoops? Also how does it climb? I'm a massive DW link fan for its climbing ability, the Ripley was awesome and out climbed any bike I've ridden.
    Yeah, look for my post in the Pivot forum... I rode it and it was pretty amazing! Great climbing, very nimble for a 29r and tons of fun. My only real complaint is the super low BB in 27.5+ form.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Cool, thanks for the replies guys. I've had a look at the thread in the pivot section, not sure how I missed it first time round! The bike sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Just need to know when they are going to be available in the UK.