Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    mnoutain bkie rdier
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,768

    Pinarello Dogma XC 29er

    PINARELLO DOGMA XC

    video found at link
    Last edited by rydbyk; 07-03-2012 at 08:40 AM.

  2. #2
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,190
    Ugly as hell. But they certainly put a lot of thought into it. The video about the design features is interesting.

    A $4,000 frame isn't in my future but I'm sure they'll do well with it.

  3. #3
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,190

  4. #4
    mnoutain bkie rdier
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Ugly as hell. But they certainly put a lot of thought into it. The video about the design features is interesting.

    A $4,000 frame isn't in my future but I'm sure they'll do well with it.
    Yeh, whether for marketing or pure function, Pinarello does some interesting things. Should be neat to hear back from owners/reviews once it hits the market...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ghettocop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,353
    Nice. Seat stays are bizarre.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,668
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocop View Post
    Nice. Seat stays are bizarre.
    Left in a car that was baking in the sun too long.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    252
    Unfortunately, this frame has a serious problem - poor tyre clearance.
    If you look at the pictures, it's very tight, even with Race Kings 2.0, which are far away from being true 2.0 tyre.
    Good luck trying to put true 2.1 or 2.2 in the back.

    Of course, most of this frames, just like Vroomen one, will never see off-road use.

  8. #8
    mnoutain bkie rdier
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,768
    Wait, Cervelo made a 29er?

  9. #9
    Trail Junkie
    Reputation: dubdryver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk View Post
    Wait, Cervelo made a 29er?
    Indeed.
    Mountain bike 29er hardtail, World's Lightest
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

    Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

  10. #10
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojos Azules View Post
    Of course, most of this frames, just like Vroomen one, will never see off-road use.
    Meticulously built by miami's finest mountain bike shop and ridden along the beach sidewalk at furious pace ?

  11. #11
    mnoutain bkie rdier
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdryver View Post
    $2700. No thanks. Sweet frame though. I was hoping it would be labeled a Cervelo, not "OPEN".

  12. #12
    Trail Junkie
    Reputation: dubdryver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Meticulously built by miami's finest mountain bike shop and ridden along the beach sidewalk at furious pace ?
    I am not originally from Miami nor will I ever claim this place..and there are a lot of douchbag people that have more money than sence, but come ride down here and ride with me bro, I am pretty sure I can alter your perspective.

    Believe it or not, the people winning all the SERC championships which extends all the way up to N.C. are won by the racers down here in FL. Just because we don't have mountains, doesn't mean we don't have technical singletrack that makes you work.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

    Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

  13. #13
    Trail Junkie
    Reputation: dubdryver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk View Post
    $2700. No thanks. Sweet frame though. I was hoping it would be labeled a Cervelo, not "OPEN".
    Me too, the name "Open" is sort of a turnoff.... I love my S2, but in MTB HTs, I love Ti. more.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy c
    Lynskey Pro29 SS
    Cervelo S2
    Spech Tricross Exp
    Raleigh Rx1.0

    Fut. Bikes:
    Misfit diSSent
    Soma ES

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    631
    The price tag is hilarious.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

  15. #15
    The Road Warrior
    Reputation: LandSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    607
    That seatstay is whack.

    Do people say "whack" anymore?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50
    nice one
    but its lacking Dogma style fork

  17. #17
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,190
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdryver View Post
    I am not originally from Miami nor will I ever claim this place..and there are a lot of douchbag people that have more money than sence, but come ride down here and ride with me bro, I am pretty sure I can alter your perspective.

    Believe it or not, the people winning all the SERC championships which extends all the way up to N.C. are won by the racers down here in FL. Just because we don't have mountains, doesn't mean we don't have technical singletrack that makes you work.
    My comment was a reference to a silly build thread on here a few months ago, not really florida riders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •