mtbr member

... and if we just ... Picked up my new (to me) Orbea 29er Team Lanza!

I got a great deal on it. I actually started riding on this bike and got spoiled. Was able to ride several FS bikes as well as friends have extra bikes I used.

I got a Hardrock for myself and just didn't feel confident on the more technical stuff.

My friend put up the 29er for sale as he had other toys he wanted to get. I jumped on it.

So, I rode today at Santos (great trails) then took it home.

I [SIZE="5"]LOVE [/SIZE]this bike. It fits me great. Looks very cool IMO too.

This bike will keep me very happy until I feel I want to upgrade to a FS 29er.

Maybe it's because I started with a 29er, but I stronly prefer it over the 26. While I'm only 5'10", 32inch inseem and 200lbs+/- I have bottomed out on 26 FS bikes and just didn't dig that. I feel more confident with the 29 wheels and the 29 wheels roll so well I don't miss FS.

So...I'm in the club and very happy with my ride. I'm only 8 rides in the sport, and I know I'll want to change things eventually...but it's a really solid bike to start out on.

Sorry for crappy cell photo...

http://picasaweb.google.com/deanharris/OrbeaLanza29er#
    Regards,

Dean

mtbr member
    I was close to winning a Lanza Team on ebay two weeks ago. I have ridden one... I liked it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Your pictures stink.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Is that a Reba? Stanchions look like chrome in the picture...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

29ers do rock

Dean - next ride out we'll have to get some pics of the Lanza in action! I don't know how you hardtail guys do it, my RIP 9 has got me spoiled. Weather getting nicer now so plan on getting out with us more again soon. See ya man! John

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kramnnim
    Is that a Reba? Stanchions look like chrome in the picture...
    Tora 318 RS
    Regards,

Dean

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogster
    Dean - next ride out we'll have to get some pics of the Lanza in action! I don't know how you hardtail guys do it, my RIP 9 has got me spoiled. Weather getting nicer now so plan on getting out with us more again soon. See ya man! John
    I don't know how you find the time to be on this forum. 4 posts? You internet addict you! [inside joke].

My ass is just WAAAAAAAAAY more muscular and bootilicious than yours - ergo - more supportive than yours. Squats and deadlifts do a body good.

Oh, I used black nail polish (not red as you kindly suggested) to fix my bedazzled seat situation [that the previous owner put on there!]. I think it is de-gayed permanently.

Seriously, I don't feel the need for a full suspension bike at all...at this point anyway.

See you soon...
    Regards,

Dean

Big Boy
    what is the weight of this rig? I am debating grabbing a new lanza team 29 or a used niner air 9. I would rather have a new bike with warranty etc. but i also wouldnt be able to change the build if i ponied up enough coin to buy the bike new.