mtbr member

OT: Fox D.O.S.S news? (Non-29er specific)

Not the right place to post, I know, but there are so many readers here. Thought I might have better odds. After scouring the interwebs for additional information it seams details are lacking. Here is what we know so far; 2 models, 100mm & 120 mm drop. Three position (40mm midle setting). Cable pull, no hydro. They say it will be priced competitively. Anyone know anything else? Im speculating this hopefully will be a great seatpost that addresses some of the many issues people have raised about the others.

Personally I'm ready to make the switch over to the dropper type, even getting a new frame (Yelli) to make it happen. Anyone else still on the fence about dropping $300+ on a seatpost? Should I just wait it out or try out another available model? Anyone have an inside scoop about the DOSS release date?
    fresh out from the halfway-house

mtbr member
    May 2008

In the same boat

You and me are on the same wavelength on this one. I just got a Yelli frame, currently taking my time getting components of choice, and I'm pretty much certain that I'm going to spend the cheese on a dropper post. The Yelli is going to see a little bit of everything including road, and I am not interested in raising the damn seat for all of the conditions changes that typically happen within a hour window of riding anymore.

So really I am looking at 3 options here. Kind Shock, Spesh Command Post, and the Fox Doss. As lame as this sounds, the Spesh is lowest on my list because I can't color match it (hey, I got a gold Yelli frame, some of this IS about bling). The Kind Shock is interesting in that it comes highly recommended and with ability to customize color, however there are no defined stops. Then we have Fox Doss, which is also interesting, but currently vaporware.

I have no info unfortunately, just a similar quandary! Did you end up getting anything yet?
    1 Bike Shy of a Full Quiver