nothing to see here

Opinions on DT Swiss XRR 470 Carbon Fork

Search has turned up with nothing, so I'm seeking opinions with the DT Swiss XRR 470 carbon rigid fork. Anyone using one and have some feedback on them? Looking to change from the Niner carbon fork to something more compliant but want to know if there's any downsides.

I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Mine is pretty compliant for a rigid fork, but I do not have any experience with the Niner fork. Check the reviews on www.twentynineinches.com, they compared the two.

My guess would be that if you want something really compliant, get a titanium fork.

mtbr member
    I read somewhere that there was an issue with the steerer tube not being uniform, and the compression plug having an issue staying tight. Of course this could just have been someone that didn't tighten the plug tight enough and was looking to play the blame game.

I like the look of it but the price is a bit high. The cheapest I've been able to fin it was I think about $365.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Ah, right, I am in Europe, perhaps that is the reason my price was OK.

My compression plug and steerer tube are fine. ANY compression plug/headset combo takes a bit of finesse to adjust. I can pull any plug from any steerer tube by tightening the headset, no matter how much torque I put on the plug.

I destroyed some Pro plugs by overtightening them. You do not need to: Just degrease everything, put a reasonable amount of torque on it and tighten the headset until there is no more play in it, not until you feel lots of resistance in the bolt. After that, the stem clamp keep things in the same spot, not the headset plug.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    For Europeans: http://www.bike-components.de/produc...ly-Gabel-.html
    258 is not very expensive