mtbr member
    Sep 2005

On One Mary or 28" Race Face DH riser bar ?

Just finished building my Inbred SS 29er. Great ride by the way but my 25" Syncros riser bars are a bit narrow and a bit old (took them off my FS bike). I am 6'5" 210lb with a 36" inseam (yes I have a long torso) and ride with a 130mm stem. I would like to switch to bars that are a bit wider and more suited for SS but do not want to sacrifice cockpit space if I can avoid it. The Mary's are intriguing and I am almost pulled the trigger and bought them last night but am wondering if a conventional riser with 9 degree sweep and 28" width would also be just as useful. I am new to SS also so all opinions are appreciated--I live in Portland Oregon and there are alot of hills.

thx

chopfellow

Samsonite Tester
    Many fans of the Mary bar out there. IMO a DH riser bar is it. The DH bar is stout and wide with more sweep than XC bars.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

Recovering couch patato
    For SS, I with Mary's were a tad wider, but I have huge arms and good shoulders.
    Titec is supposed to have an aluminum H-Bar on the way, which should be the ticket.