Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008

Older 29er advice needed

I'm wanting to try a 29er and have found a pretty good deal on a used Ventana (2005) with a Manitou minute fork. I've been biking a long time but haven't followed the development of 29ers. If I remember correctly there were some developments involving rake, steepness, or something like that. Would a frame/fork from 2005 be a good staring place for me to experiment with big wheels?

Thanks

transmitter~receiver
    More experimentation and change seems to have happened in the more-than-XC department, including FS bikes. Granted, more-than-XC 29ers are a more recent advent than the 29er platform, so there was necessarily a bit of figuring out to do.
    Also, boutique and smaller companies have been jumping into the market in droves, and going through their own learning curves.
    Realtively quick/nimble bikes for XC riding from established companies haven't changed much if at all since production 29ers hit the market almost 10 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

AZ
    banned
    Go for it , especially if it is priced right .

Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008

Clarification

I should have said that I'm looking at a 4" travel suspension frame - sorry I wasn't more clear. I am getting too old for a hardtail.