Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nat
    Solo contendre

Oh man, did I ever blow it...

Halloween night, there I was at the neighbor's party enjoying the hot wings, homemade chili, and mulled cider. Another neighbor, who works for a famous, established, and reputable bike manufacturer drops this tidbit to me: "Hey Nat, [famous bike company] is going to release a 29er very soon. This is a brand new bike and there aren't any pics available yet."

Dumbart here can remember thinking to himself, "That's cool...boy-oh-boy these wings are good...goddam I like this chili...more cider please, and don't be so stingy with the Bushmills this time!"

BONER! I completely missed the opportunity to find out more about this bike, the pricepoint, and how confidential the news is! My guess is that it'll be very affordable.

He posts here too once in awhile, so I'll leave it to him to share the details if he wants to or can.

mtbr member
    Ha! That's hillarious...pass me the wings would ya?

Oh well, a little suspense is good for us!

Thanks for the tidbit Nat!

Cheers!
    -Ian

Full Tilt Boogie
    May 2005
    I was speaking to one of my reps and found out about a full bike 29 coming out soon. I don't think anything is out about it anywhere. A couple of tasty bits for ya...

1. Steel frame and fork.
    2. Ample Clearance for 2.3"s
    3. Disc ready
    4. Single Speed
    5. Under $500 MSRP

I can't wait. I'll let you know more when I pry it out of him.

Ben

mtbr member

Rumor of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Halloween night, there I was at the neighbor's party enjoying the hot wings, homemade chili, and mulled cider. Another neighbor, who works for a famous, established, and reputable bike manufacturer drops this tidbit to me: "Hey Nat, [famous bike company] is going to release a 29er very soon. This is a brand new bike and there aren't any pics available yet."

Dumbart here can remember thinking to himself, "That's cool...boy-oh-boy these wings are good...goddam I like this chili...more cider please, and don't be so stingy with the Bushmills this time!"

BONER! I completely missed the opportunity to find out more about this bike, the pricepoint, and how confidential the news is! My guess is that it'll be very affordable.

He posts here too once in awhile, so I'll leave it to him to share the details if he wants to or can.
    The word on the street is that a new FS proto-type (with pictures) will be announced later this week. This news will shake-up the 29’er market and the “fringe” label will soon be in the past.

[SIZE=6]WE ARE TAKING OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

mtbr member

you guys are all teases...

and I got a serious case of blueballs now.

MORE INFO!

mtbr member

Rumors

Yes, I heard one this week as well, but first I'll make a prediction about the $500 MSRP one. At that price it has to be a Redline or Haro. I got burned before Interbike though because someone I trusted led me to believe Haro was releasing one then.

Regarding Nats comment. I think its Ellsworth.

Looking forward to seeing who it is?!

Jason

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    The word on the street is that a new FS proto-type (with pictures) will be announced later this week. This news will shake-up the 29’er market and the “fringe” label will soon be in the past.

[SIZE=6]WE ARE TAKING OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

ya ya ya... you guys are all pissing me off. If I wanted to be teased I would go to one of the many strip clubs here in Portland, OR. COME ON, If you know let us know, you are causing pain and unnecessary anxiety. JUST POST WHAT YOU KNOW or at least think you know. If necessary give a disclaimer if you must... JUST PASS THE INFO WITHOUT THE TEASE PLEASE

Speaking of getting teased..

damn chicken wings are like a drug to me. Don't tease me with chicken wings in a post!! I swear I was a pescetarian (or whatever you call veggies that each fish) until I got seduced by a plate of chicken wings. And there went my pescetarianism. Man, what is it about chicken wings? Seriously, in college after stumbling out of bars, we headed straight for the wing place. But I digress...this is a 29'er post.

As for 29'ers, it's a given, they will take over. I'm looking forward to seeing which manufacturer finally got a clue and is jumping on the bandwagon.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    damn chicken wings are like a drug to me. Don't tease me with chicken wings in a post!! I swear I was a pescetarian (or whatever you call veggies that each fish) until I got seduced by a plate of chicken wings. And there went my pescetarianism. Man, what is it about chicken wings? Seriously, in college after stumbling out of bars, we headed straight for the wing place. But I digress...this is a 29'er post.

As for 29'ers, it's a given, they will take over. I'm looking forward to seeing which manufacturer finally got a clue and is jumping on the bandwagon.
    You take a fatty chicken part, fry it in oil, then dip it in dressing. Hell yeah! Chicken wings are also what brought my wife down from vegetarianism. Do you prefer the flat pieces or the drummies? I prefer the flats. I like how the skin peels away from the flat piece, leaving you with a technically demanding move to clear the meat from in between the two bones. Then again, that rounded part at the small end of the drummy, the piece that covers the chicken knuckle, feels so good on the tongue.

Any Tucsonans reading this post know about the Buffalo Bell near the VA hospital? A dozen hot wings, beans/rice, texas toast, carrots/celery, and a tall soda for only $5.95! Damn, Expedia.com? I need a round trip tickie to Tucson please!

mtbr member
    You take a fatty chicken part, fry it in oil, then dip it in dressing. Hell yeah! Chicken wings are also what brought my wife down from vegetarianism. Do you prefer the flat pieces or the drummies? I prefer the flats. I like how the skin peels away from the flat piece, leaving you with a technically demanding move to clear the meat from in between the two bones. Then again, that rounded part at the small end of the drummy, the piece that covers the chicken knuckle, feels so good on the tongue.

Any Tucsonans reading this post know about the Buffalo Bell near the VA hospital? A dozen hot wings, beans/rice, texas toast, carrots/celery, and a tall soda for only $5.95! Damn, Expedia.com? I need a round trip tickie to Tucson please!

You know, I was feeling you guys on the wing thing, but your description was a little much. I think I will just go have a steak. Actually I have very little in my wallet right now so probably taco bell is more my budget right now. mmm mmm, mexican pizza and 1/2 lbs combo burrito here I come...it doesn't really sound as good does it?

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by OrBikbldr
    You know, I was feeling you guys on the wing thing, but your description was a little much. I think I will just go have a steak. Actually I have very little in my wallet right now so probably taco bell is more my budget right now. mmm mmm, mexican pizza and 1/2 lbs combo burrito here I come...it doesn't really sound as good does it?
    This holiday fat-up is off to a good start for me. Tonight I ate a meatloaf. Not "meatloaf" but "a meatloaf." My belly sounds like a wet balloon inflating.

mtbr member
    This holiday fat-up is off to a good start for me. Tonight I ate a meatloaf. Not "meatloaf" but "a meatloaf." My belly sounds like a wet balloon inflating.
    Nat I noticed below your Avatar you have "29 and single". When you ask the ladies to go 29er with you, do they slap you?

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by OrBikbldr
    Nat I noticed below your Avatar you have "29 and single". When you ask the ladies to go 29er with you, do they slap you?
    Har! "Hey honey...do you freak? How about a little 29 with me and my buddy here?"

Okay, to get totally off-color and risk deletion by a moderator, you know how the term 69 is symbolic of body positions? I'm looking at the number 29 and I'm now seeing someone tossing salad...

Can I say that? Am I banned yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

If i were a betting man..

I would say Redline Monocog 29" on the cheap SS and the promised Turner on the high end full supsension per this thread. Then again a new Turner would not be that exciting since we already have two other high quality faux-bar bikes coming from Ventana and Lenz. Now a 4 in travel DW-link bike would be very cool! Are you listin' Dave?
    On the food front I will do anything for some good BBQ pulled pork. Its great before a big ride!
    Last edited by discodave; 11-02-2005 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Break dancing accident

mtbr member

Old News

Quote Originally Posted by discodave
    I would say Redline on the cheap SS and the promised Turner on the high end full supsension per this thread. Then again a new Turner would not be that exciting since we already have two other high quality faux-bar bikes coming from Ventana and Lenz. Now a 4 in travel DW-link bike would be very cool! Are you listin' Dave?
    the promised Turner on the high end full supsension

BUZZZZZZZZZZ Wrong answer

My "Mole" had me swear to zip my lip

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    the promised Turner on the high end full supsension

BUZZZZZZZZZZ Wrong answer

My "Mole" had me swear to zip my lip
    I think we may have the same info. I said I would keep it quite, but it's hard.

mtbr member

Please...

please be a gearie, please be a gearie, please be a gearie

Cold. Blue. Steel.
    FSR-29???
    Spinning and Grinning...

get down!
    I work at Buffalo Wild Wings haha, I'm so sick of wings

boneless wings though..in Spicy Garlic...damn
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

kung food
    Can I say that? Am I banned yet?
    haha. I have to say I'm less reminded of salad and more reminded of some foot fetishin'.

kung food
    Quote Originally Posted by discodave
    Now a 4 in travel DW-link bike would be very cool! Are you listin' Dave?
    I was actually thinking about this the other day...If Ibis' carbon Mojo had been a 29" Dw-link offering...there may have been a much different reception on the boards. I wonder...if you threw enough money at IF would they build you a 29er Tungsten Electrode?

mtbr member

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Go Kart Motzart
    I think we may have the same info. I said I would keep it quite, but it's hard.
    Yes we do

mtbr member
    To all of you guys witholding the info I give you one of these

At least drop some hints!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    To all of you guys witholding the info I give you one of these

At least drop some hints!

Yep, they are still pissing me off...jerks

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jace
    I wonder...if you threw enough money at IF would they build you a 29er Tungsten Electrode?
    Nope. I already asked.

Big negative on a 29" IF CO-Dependent Tandem as well.........
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast