Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

That's what I hate about the British

Quote Originally Posted by jeff
    That there is funny.
    They always wait til you have a mouthful of beer to comment. Hope the keyboard's not ruined.

Harmonius Wrench

Now what about this steel hardtail?

Now we know what the FS bike is, what about the steel ss bike mentioned earlier in this thread?

mtbr member

what about the steel ss bike

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted
    Now we know what the FS bike is, what about the steel ss bike mentioned earlier in this thread?
    Do we need another one?

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    Do we need another one?
    I just would like to know. Need has nothing to do with it. The poster said it would be a complete bike at a very reasonable price. If it's true, then there may be several people that decide they need it, while you go on and enjoy whatever it is that you would like to ride. I will agree that there are several choices in this flavor already. None are very inexpensive, readily available, and cheap. It might be a good competitor to the Karate Monkee, which is terminally out of stock, or so it would seem. So, while you may not see a need for another steel hardtail single speed bike, others might, if the price is right.

mtbr member

More is better but..........

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted
    I just would like to know. Need has nothing to do with it. The poster said it would be a complete bike at a very reasonable price. If it's true, then there may be several people that decide they need it, while you go on and enjoy whatever it is that you would like to ride. I will agree that there are several choices in this flavor already. None are very inexpensive, readily available, and cheap. It might be a good competitor to the Karate Monkee, which is terminally out of stock, or so it would seem. So, while you may not see a need for another steel hardtail single speed bike, others might, if the price is right.
    With Kona, Niner and others coming out of the woodwork with steel HT's the choices are pretty good (granted the Niner is not cheap). For 29’er specific parts there is a better selection of steel HT frames than any other part in the market.

IMHO before I see another steel HT frame from (insert manufacturer here) I would like to see more rims, tires, forks etc………….

Harmonius Wrench

IMHO before I see another steel HT frame from (insert manufacturer here) I would like to see more rims, tires, forks etc………….

I'm with ya' on that!

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Do we need another one?
    Uh yea...we do.

How about a nice production steel 29"er at a mid-level price point (say $400-$600) w/ no EBB and standard geared dropouts (no mutant dropouts)..

You know a regular old bike frame...thats what we need.

LP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3