Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toddre
    please be a gearie, please be a gearie, please be a gearie
    I am hoping for Elsworth, even if Tony is a pompous jerk. A Truth 29er would be perfect for me. Specialized woudl be REALLY great for the 29er movement. Any other big brand for that matter would be great as well. Small guys may start to suffer though when all the big brands get on the band wagon. They smell $$$ in big wheels. I hope that doesn't happen.

I don't really care personally about the cheapo if it is a redline or haro. I haven't cared about Haro since the early 90's when I had a Haro Extreme. The only Redline I care about is their cyclocross bike.

Who turned out the lights
    Ha! That's some funny sh!t Nat. It reminds me of the first time I heard of 69...10 years old at my grandparents house, and gramps is watching George Carlin doing the cussword list. He's running through all of these marvelous words that I'm not allowed to say and then he says, "and of course, there's 69, and 71, which is 69 with two fingers up your a55". I look at gramps and say, "what's 69?" He tells me, and I think it's the grossest thing ever. My, how opinions change.

Anyway chicken wings rule, and stop teasing about the new bikes. I can't buy one, but I still wanna know what's coming out.

mtbr member

Good job! Gearie

Quote Originally Posted by OrBikbldr
    I am hoping for Elsworth, even if Tony is a pompous jerk. A Truth 29er would be perfect for me. Specialized woudl be REALLY great for the 29er movement. Any other big brand for that matter would be great as well. Small guys may start to suffer though when all the big brands get on the band wagon. They smell $$$ in big wheels. I hope that doesn't happen.

I don't really care personally about the cheapo if it is a redline or haro. I haven't cared about Haro since the early 90's when I had a Haro Extreme. The only Redline I care about is their cyclocross bike.
    Affirmative....FS Gearie

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    OK-so at least tell us WHEN the new double boinger news is going to come out

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayoutside
    OK-so at least tell us WHEN the new double boinger news is going to come out
    Trek Fuel 29er? Remeber I wrote in another thread that the MBA Trek tour article says something along the lines of "Fisher is they're 29er brand, but that could soon change"
    It would get around any "copycat" problems the Raceday/Supercaliber has. That would be sweet... Fuel is my favorite FS bike

Moderator Moderator
    I could see Trek coming out w/ a FS race bike. I've talked w/ reps and they could neither confirm nor deny it. The Trek guys have been good at not leaking ANY info if it's the case...
    On the other hand though, we probably would have seen something at the Trek open house in August if they wanted to get some exposure on it...
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Buxton
    It reminds me of the first time I heard of 69...10 years old at my grandparents house, and gramps is watching George Carlin doing the cussword list. He's running through all of these marvelous words that I'm not allowed to say and then he says, "and of course, there's 69, and 71, which is 69 with two fingers up your a55". I look at gramps and say, "what's 69?" He tells me, and I think it's the grossest thing ever. My, how opinions change.
    I remember that Carlin bit well. Don't forget: "then there's 68 ... you do me and I'll owe you one!"

Hey Nat, this teasing is getting ridiculous. First you ditch Barbie Camp, and then this happens the very next day! C'mon!
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    This news will shake-up the 29’er market and the “fringe” label will soon be in the past
    Well, with this statement I would say it has to come from one of the big three. (Giant, Specialized, Trek)
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    Well, with this statement I would say it has to come from one of the big three. (Giant, Specialized, Trek)
    I was jut scanning another 29er forum and that person said some one in Specialized mentioned a FSR... I hope it's an Epic platform..personally I'm not a big fan of the FSR

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    Well, two Giant team riders live in Bend...
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Well, two Giant team riders live in Bend...
    Giant would be fine with me too. Despite the somewhat occasional ackward FS design, they do make some good carbon fiber stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OrBikbldr
    Giant would be fine with me too. Despite the somewhat occasional ackward FS design, they do make some good carbon fiber stuff.

no lips (or fingers) loosening up yet? come on already...

Your bike sucks
    SpecialEd and Bianchi.

my 2 cents.

giddy up!
    My guess is that neither of the two bikes we're talking about come to fruition. Just a hunch based on the amount of times we've gone down this road only to be dissapointed:-)

But I hope I'm wrong.

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member

Stay tuned...........

Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    My guess is that neither of the two bikes we're talking about come to fruition. Just a hunch based on the amount of times we've gone down this road only to be dissapointed:-)

But I hope I'm wrong.

B
    The proto-type will be released soon……

AOK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey

But I hope I'm wrong.

B
    Amen to that... seems like we have this same thread every few months (along with the "2.5+ DH 29er tire coming soon" thread), but nothing has materialized yet.

I will be happy to see these things if/when they do happen, but it's hard to get too excited until we see some real product announcements.

Course, these threads are always fun to read... beats working, in any case.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

It Must Be

LANDRIDER WITH ACCESSORY KIT - As Seen on TV

The only brand that could make 29er a household norm!

mtbr member
    I was just updated and told that pictures would be posted TODAY!!

mtbr member

Good job! Go Kart Motzart

Quote Originally Posted by Go Kart Motzart
    I was just updated and told that pictures would be posted TODAY!!
    Speaks the truth. They are currently building the bike. I thought we were only going to get pictures of the FRAME!

Recovering couch patato
    Trek, seeing how Fisher is cranking out 29"er as fast as they can and not stocking anything, would be pretty unwise to not offer some additional 29" Treks. Waiting for the competition to fill this void would be like saying no to money and marketshare. Scratch some 26" models you're not too sure of, change the frame, wheels and fork to 29", and send a fax to dealers that the bikes will be slightly different/more expensive/LARGER. The slow selling model turns into best seller, and the competition is not getting the marketshare.

mtbr member
    is it a trimble? :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Trek, seeing how Fisher is cranking out 29"er as fast as they can and not stocking anything, would be pretty unwise to not offer some additional 29" Treks. Waiting for the competition to fill this void would be like saying no to money and marketshare. Scratch some 26" models you're not too sure of, change the frame, wheels and fork to 29", and send a fax to dealers that the bikes will be slightly different/more expensive/LARGER. The slow selling model turns into best seller, and the competition is not getting the marketshare.
    It's not Trek (Thank God).

Stokeless Asshat

I don`t care who you are...

That there is funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by brant@on-one.co.uk
    is it a trimble? :-)

tl1
    Bicyclist

That could be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by jumborider
    LANDRIDER WITH ACCESSORY KIT - As Seen on TV

The only brand that could make 29er a household norm!
    Can you an imagine a television infomercial ala the Landrider but touting the amazing benefits of 29" wheels! It would need to be a single speed so you'd have none of that "confusing and hard" gear shifting too. Bicycle industry are you listening? ;^)

mtbr member

The cat is out of the bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Intense Spider 29er

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast