mtbr member
    Sep 2007

No over the bars crashes in 3years, then...

2 inside of 6weeks possibly breaking my ribs as I fell 8ft to the hard park.

Angles be damned, despite the LOVE of the Rubber Queen 2.4 tyre, I think it's time to go back to 29" on the front, might have the time to order a new wheel and tyre before I get to ride again.

Bikes.

MTB B'dos
    Well that serves you right, you go back to those clown wheels and what did you expect :P

Sorry to hear about the injury, but at least it's not too bad for the lesson you learned BTW what bike were you riding?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Rocky Mountain Element frame, Reba SL 29" fork 105mm, so slacker angles than standard, 70mm stem, order a 50mm try to get the weight back abit.

29" wheels really are a Ribs / Neck saver aren't they, which is why I did when that way 3 years back.

mtbr member
    I've come to realize that since my switch to a 29er, I go over the bars far more often. The new ride has made me confident enough to try pretty much anything...and several endos this season are the biproduct of my new found bike swagger.

MTB B'dos
    So you were riding a 69ed bike when this happened? I'd figure that's make endoing harder than on a standard 26er
    Quote Originally Posted by Turveyd
    Rocky Mountain Element frame, Reba SL 29" fork 105mm, so slacker angles than standard, 70mm stem, order a 50mm try to get the weight back abit.

29" wheels really are a Ribs / Neck saver aren't they, which is why I did when that way 3 years back.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    no 26", used to ride a 69er, back to 69er is looking promising at this stage.

Radtad, my wuss factor remained much unchanged so didn't really ride it harder, so in effect same speed but less injurys

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Can't decide between the 2 formats, 26" front and 29" front ( no way to test 29" rear sadly currently ).

I like my DH rim + RQ 2.4 tyre but it feels like I've got less suspension over roots and rocks.

The Rigid rides GREAT with a 29" wheel on the front, very close to the Reba 100 sL 29 + RQ2.4 which is interesting.

So I've ordered the rotors and the adapters so they'll both have 203mm disks on the front and I can pick which wheel to ride, the 29" wheel will slacken the angles so not entirely a fair test, but we'll see in a few weeks of switching which format gets taken out the most.

Like how I choose my cakes, if I like 2 I just have the 2 saves deciding I wonder why I'm fat!!

I think the 26" format will work better in mud and the steeper angles helps get the weight over the front for this to, where as the 29" will be better for really rooty or rocky areas.

Ordered a Ardent 2.4 29" aswell