Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NitrouSStickel

WNC Native

NitrouSStickel

Sometimes good things actually do come out of the bad.

Leaving one riding season on a sour, painful note and returning the next more excited than ever, I've definitely gained more respect for the fact of just how lucky we are to be out there enjoying this awesome sport. Thanks to an awesome experience with a knowledgeable builder and friend, the helpful input of other friends, and an amazing, understanding wife- this opportunity to build such a sweet bike has came to be. I give you the NitrouSStickel.

If it will quit raining here this evening, I'll show you more. Otherwise you'll have to wait just a little longer.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Looks great! Hopefully there's no one else in front of my build!

Expert Crasher
    Tasty! The brown I9 is pretty nice as well.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

transmitter~receiver
    nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    Looks great! Hopefully there's no one else in front of my build!
    Thanks, however your removed from the build list until we receive a certain something in the mail. I'm just kidding ya

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo View Post
    Tasty! The brown I9 is pretty nice as well.
    Thanks, it's actually their pewter though. Kinda more of a gunmetal really though. It does look kinda brown in direct sunlight.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Killer!

No gusset on the top tube/head tube, eh?

Let's see some ride pics soon!
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

workin' it Administrator
    ok I am getting sick of seeing these. mostly sick that it isn't me posting pictures of my soon to come stickel. oh how I lament not having one.

Thanks for the pictures, can't wait to see it built and in its natural environment.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    I've been in touch with nitrousjunky since the start of the process with Steve, and man I can tell he's gonna have a ton of fun once this baby gets built up.

I've been privvy to some additional features and all I have to say is Sha...........wing!

Short-Change-Hero
    Definitely nice looking.... What type of riding are you building it for? Give us some "info" on what the specs are and what lead you to go with this particular build style. Have to say that I have become keenly aware of the toptube to seattube brackets that some bikes have and like it a lot! Just gives the bike a different look.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

WNC Native
    Here is what it looks like right now, I'll finish it up tomorrow (minus decals and probably the head badge pic).

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic View Post
    No gusset on the top tube/head tube, eh?
    Steve knows how it will be ridden and it was designed to be stiff, so I trust that it won't need it (it would have been tiny anyway). It will see very little time rigid, if ever. If I go rigid, it will be with an Enabler and a Larry anyway. Plus I won't be attempting any of those crazy drops you execute anyway.

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Definitely nice looking.... What type of riding are you building it for? Give us some "info" on what the specs are
    It will see majority of it's life (if not all of it) in SS mode. Steve set out with the intentions of keeping the rear as short and stiff as possible while keep as large rear tire clearance as possible (I'm normally about 210-215lbs before gear). I did have cable guides placed so I can run IGH or 1xX if desired later on. A big part of my normal weekly riding is flowy singletrack here in Dupont State Forest. It will see a good bit of techy, rooty/rocky riding in Pisgah too. I wanted something that would handle some rough terrain if I put it there. However I won't be doing any large drops, catching any serious air, or doing anything crazy.
    I been experimenting (bike whoring) the last couple years with different geometry rigid/SS bikes. I've spent time on 2 Redline MCs, 2 Fisher Rigs, a Jabberwocky, OS Black Buck, Zion 737, and SS'ed my 08 G2 Xcal. Over that period of time and bikes, I decided I do not like steep head tube angles, long stays, or low bottom bracket heights. So I kept all of that in mind and discussed what I was after with Steve.

Also while loving rigid forks on my SS bikes, I decided after trying to destroy my shoulder last year that it would probably best if I went with a squishy fork. Here is the details on my crash injuries (Seriously Busted up Shoulder). I felt a 120mm fork just wouldn't climb like I wanted with it is going on a SS, so I went with a 100mm. After reading some reviews on the new Terralogic, I thought it would work perfect for my climbing desires yet still be sweet descending. Also sounds like it does a sweet job of controlling brake dive.

ETT is 24.875, HT angle is 69 degrees at 15mm sag, ST angle is 72 degrees at 15mm sag, BB height is 12.375 at 15mm sag, and I'll give you the exact CS length after I get it built (it's gonna be short).

Known to Bite
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    and an amazing, understanding wife-
    Darn right!!!! LOL
    --. --- .. -. --. / - --- / -- .- -.- . / .. - / - --- / - .... . / - --- .--. / --- ..-. / - .... . / .... .. .-.. .-..

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    That's purty! congrats man

meatier showers
    Sick!

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Well done.

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    Darn right!!!! LOL
    See I knew she would check my thread. Tis true though.