Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please

I'm looking at building up a rigid 1x9 bike with some spare parts laying around - but need a frame & fork. If one is going with a rigid carbon fork, may as well do the lightest one out there with the Niner. However, it is just so NINER. How does it look on your non-Niner frame??

mtbr member
    Two Swifts...first one is mine and there’s more pics of it here. Fantastic fork!

mtbr member

Heres mine!

Heres my Scandal and that singular was mightly quick at D2D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-picture-242.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Here is my Salsa Mamasita....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-photo.jpg  

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gcrawford316
    Here is my Salsa Mamasita....
    that bike would have looked soooooo much better with the nude colored Niner fork. must have got a good deal on the gold.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The picture doesn't do it justice. It has all nugget gold xo stuff along with the noir bars and post with gold. That fork is no longer on there....I recently bought a new Team Reba fork and put on American Classic wheels

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gcrawford316
    The picture doesn't do it justice. It has all nugget gold xo stuff along with the noir bars and post with gold. That fork is no longer on there....I recently bought a new Team Reba fork and put on American Classic wheels
    I wasn't crackin on your bike, just think the nude carbon would match the rear stays. Nice bike nonetheless.

mtbr member
    Anyone who can pull that gold fork off deserves some serious cred.

Teen Wolf
    said it before, i dislike that fork on anything but a niner. just looks too out of place

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cr45h
    said it before, i dislike that fork on anything but a niner. just looks too out of place
    I tried one on my Pro29 when they first came out and it REALLY didn't work well with my bikes geometry. I am running a Salsa cromoto grande now and love it. It must be the offset of the fork that made me dislike the Niner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-11-18-2009-360-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    no offense was taken.....i like to hear peoples thoughts. i was gonna get the nude but i had a buddy who just bought it so i wanted to be different......to the extreme i guess

BigBikeBoard

Another Singular, a Pegasus. Niner forks; Who cares what they look like, they are super light and strong and so well made.

M_S
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Nice bike. Insane looking gearing.

BigBikeBoard

Had it set for a road blast to get dialed in when first built, This is more normal
    It's not Just a 29er it's a burley cross bike on steroids BurlyCross

formerly Giantxc

Pink Scandal

...after this weekend that picture feels like a longtime ago!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-2010-01-30-snow-ride-mike2.jpg  

29ers Only.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy69
    I'm looking at building up a rigid 1x9 bike with some spare parts laying around - but need a frame & fork. If one is going with a rigid carbon fork, may as well do the lightest one out there with the Niner. However, it is just so NINER. How does it look on your non-Niner frame??

Hi Guys,

Niner Bikes will be selling RAW carbon forks to builders with the custom builder RAW carbon fork program. What does this mean? You can have your builder call up Niner to order this fork and they can buy a raw, unfinished, non-clear coated fork. Your builder can paint this fork to match your frame if they have in-house paint capabilities. So you want a black steel frame with flames? You can now have a 560 gram carbon fork to match. Want just a solid color to match your current frame? Did you get a pink frame with pink polka dots last year and want a rigid carbon fork to match? Then your builder can order this and paint you one.

The carbon forks are all 470mm with a 45mm offset, weight limit of 240 pounds.

Chris was at NAHBS telling custom builders of this program but didn't get to talk with everyone a few weeks ago. So the best thing to do would be for them to call us 877-646-3792 and we can give more info. Since this is not finished with a clear coat, these MUST go to a custom builder or a Niner approved paint house and are not sold direct.

Thanks,

Brett
    Niner Bikes
    Last edited by Niner Bikes; 03-22-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Passion. Commitment. 29ers only.

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner Bikes
    Hi Guys,

Niner Bikes will be selling RAW carbon forks to builders with the custom builder RAW carbon fork program. What does this mean? You can have your builder call up Niner to order this fork and they can buy a raw, unfinished, non-clear coated fork. Your builder can paint this fork to match your frame if they have in-house paint capabilities. So you want a black steel frame with flames? You can now have a 560 gram carbon fork to match. Want just a solid color to match your current frame? Did you get a pink frame with pink polka dots last year and want a rigid carbon fork to match? Then your builder can order this and paint you one.

The carbon forks are all 470mm with a 45mm offset, weight limit of 240 pounds.

Chris was at NAHBS telling custom builders of this program but didn't get to talk with everyone a few weeks ago. So the best thing to do would be for them to call us 877-646-3792 and we can give more info. Since this is not finished with a clear coat, these MUST go to a custom builder or a Niner approved paint house and are not sold direct.

Thanks,

Brett
    Niner Bikes
    Wish I knew that before I bought mine. But no big deal. Here's what I'm building now. Also have an '08 Sir-9. Great bike, but I've always wanted an IF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-img_1390.jpg  

mtbr member
    My MootoX-YBB with Hot Tamale Niner fork
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-dscn0648.jpg  

Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-dscn0652.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Never felt better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-p1010003a-1-.jpg  

Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-p1010010_web.jpg  

Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-p1010004.jpg  

Last edited by esku; 09-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.

mtbr member
    esku

how does that bike handle with that fork. from what i remember the niner fork is the closest to the g2 offset of production carbon forks. also do you have a side shot...my bike is an abomination (69'er) but i like it.

mtbr member

Rigid MamaSSita

I guess I am a little late to the party, But here it is anyway.
    Dropbar SS Mamasita
    XTC Composite 29
    CruX
    Anthem X 29
    Unknown trials bike

Bro Mountainbiker
    Ill play.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Same scenario here, I went with another fork partly cause I personally dont like it on another frame besides a Niner...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    nude on nude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner Carbon forks on non-Niner frames - pics please-lynskey-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here's mine. Niner carbon fork with tapered steerer tube = surgical steering

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast