mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Niner Air 9 RDO Brake Mount Question

Hi, I am trying to mount a 160 mm SRAM XX Avid HSX rear brake rotor to this 2012 frame and can't tell if I need a post mount/bracket for this to work properly. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I don't you think you do. My jet9 rdo accepts a 160mm rear rotor with no adapters or brackets, and would think yours is the same. Have you looked at the niner encyclopedia? A lot of good info there. You might also want to post this in the niner section for more confirmation.

mtbr member
    Niner Air 9 RDO Brake Mount Question-arctic_4.jpg
    I had a look at the Niner site and didn't have to go further than the home page to see this image so it would appear that a bracket is not needed.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

Carbon & Ti rule
    With XX world cup brakes the caliper bolts stright to the frame,

With the older XX the caliper needs the little gray ball type washes between the frame & caliper 1 male & female each end under the caliper & 1 of each on top as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Good job!

Thank you muzzanic. Exactly what I was looking for. Works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    With XX world cup brakes the caliper bolts stright to the frame,

With the older XX the caliper needs the little gray ball type washes between the frame & caliper 1 male & female each end under the caliper & 1 of each on top as well.