Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    The Fastest of Bananas

Re: Next build... HammerHead Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    See what I was thinking would look good is the words UNVEIL 9 going down the bottom of the bottom tube. This would be done with a white outline to the lettering or even a large "plate" of white vinyl that had the words cut out. Front of the Head tube would have the emblem (mountain range) and the back of the seat tube would have Switchback down it. I am a fairly minimalistic person when it comes to wording and with the shape of the tubes lettering will look strange due to the varied sizes and progression of tube.
    Thats was one of the concepts me.and my. powdercoater talked about.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I just want mine flat black. Or flat green.

Posted via mobile

The Fastest of Bananas

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNin9r View Post
    I just want mine flat black. Or flat green.

Posted via mobile
    The make a matte topcoat so you can make any color flat.

Short-Change-Hero
    LOL... matte green with the words "F Bomb" on it with a pic of a Betty.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

The Fastest of Bananas

You can get a graphic like that printed on heat safe vynil. All under the matte clear. just sayin

mtbr member
    See what I was thinking would look good is the words UNVEIL 9 going down the bottom of the bottom tube. This would be done with a white outline to the lettering or even a large "plate" of white vinyl that had the words cut out. Front of the Head tube would have the emblem (mountain range) and the back of the seat tube would have Switchback down it. I am a fairly minimalistic person when it comes to wording and with the shape of the tubes lettering will look strange due to the varied sizes and progression of tube.
    We actually almost put the Thumper decal on the downtube initially. I like that concept a lot....
    And I am working on a headtube badge w/ the MTN range in it....Taiwan is using the HH Headtube badge as the starting point

Next build... HammerHead Thumper-img_5632.jpg

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by FastBanana View Post
    You can get a graphic like that printed on heat safe vynil. All under the matte clear. just sayin

HA! That would be awesome

Short-Change-Hero
    Like this...

Next build... HammerHead Thumper-fast-4.jpg
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

The Fastest of Bananas
    Undoubtably thats a camaro. (f body)

mtbr member
    Lol I love this thread

Posted via mobile

mtbr member

Next build... HammerHead Thumper

HA! Me too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short-Change-Hero
    I'm an analyst by nature and job title...... I think things through and over analyze them ALOT. But at least I know it and as my wife says "At least I know if we are buying something you have put thought into it and will get the best bang for our buck."

Oh yeah and I am very creative and aesthetic... done a lot in my short life, from throwing boxes, 3yrs of Physical Therapy schooling, Massage schooling, Crystal Manufacturing analysis and sales to large electronics companies, Analysis work, IT work (network design, troubleshooting, etc.), Web and Graphics design, Conceptual analysis and design and according to my wife I could be a certified Redken Colorist and Design artist (hairstylist). So like I tell my employees, I am not the "normal" guy... the normal guy has the 8 or maybe 16 color crayon box... I am onto the larger 64 color box sometimes verging on the 120 color box... LOL
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

mtbr member

I'm an analyst by nature and job title...... I think things through and over analyze them ALOT. But at least I know it and as my wife says "At least I know if we are buying something you have put thought into it and will get the best bang for our buck."

Oh yeah and I am very creative and aesthetic... done a lot in my short life, from throwing boxes, 3yrs of Physical Therapy schooling, Massage schooling, Crystal Manufacturing analysis and sales to large electronics companies, Analysis work, IT work (network design, troubleshooting, etc.), Web and Graphics design, Conceptual analysis and design and according to my wife I could be a certified Redken Colorist and Design artist (hairstylist). So like I tell my employees, I am not the "normal" guy... the normal guy has the 8 or maybe 16 color crayon box... I am onto the larger 64 color box sometimes verging on the 120 color box... LOL
    Jesus! Where do you find time to ride?! Lol

Posted via mobile

Short-Change-Hero
    Hey I will be 35 this year, work 4-10 (6am to 5pm) and get out after work or on the weekends. Have to say that not having kids really makes things work in my favor with that kind of stuff. While the wife is not a rider, she is a paddleboarder so it usually goes something like this on the weekends...
    Me: Im going to go for a ride in a bit
    Her: Ok well I am going up to Tahoe to paddleboard some.
    Me: K, what beach?
    Her: ABC beach, why?
    Me: Ok, mind dropping me off at XYZ trailhead on the way and then I will see you at the beach in a few hours?
    Her: Sure works for me... Dinner afterwards?
    Me: Where ever works for me as long as they have decent beer. Oh and I am gonna bring my trunks and change of clothes.

That usually happens when the weather is warm atleast. Harder when it is cold but she has a dry suit and I normally have to stay close to home because the trails are covered in snow (no fat bike for me ). She works 4-14s so whatever time we can get out of the house is a good thing.
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good situation!

Posted via mobile

Short-Change-Hero
    So looks like the inevitable has finally happened... Been looking at the calculations and my buddy bantering at me so I will be going with a 1x10 setup. While I will lose a bit in the granny gear and some on the top end as well the range will be about the same. My buddy also has an extra RF NW 30 or 32 ring he is going to give me to setup with my 11/36t cassette. Worse comes to worse I can drop the 17t ring and grab a WT or OU 40/42t big cog to replace it and gain some more bottom end (which is what I am more concerned about).

Here comes the newbish question... Since I bought the SLX 2x crankset (26/38t) I can just dump both rings for the RF NW right? And it will go on the outer most ring mount right?

After that, is there a need for a chain guide? I have been looking and seem like with the clutch type derailleurs there is no need.
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

The Fastest of Bananas

So looks like the inevitable has finally happened... Been looking at the calculations and my buddy bantering at me so I will be going with a 1x10 setup. While I will lose a bit in the granny gear and some on the top end as well the range will be about the same. My buddy also has an extra RF NW 30 or 32 ring he is going to give me to setup with my 11/36t cassette. Worse comes to worse I can drop the 17t ring and grab a WT or OU 40/42t big cog to replace it and gain some more bottom end (which is what I am more concerned about).

Here comes the newbish question... Since I bought the SLX 2x crankset (26/38t) I can just dump both rings for the RF NW right? And it will go on the outer most ring mount right?

After that, is there a need for a chain guide? I have been looking and seem like with the clutch type derailleurs there is no need.
    Yes, yes, and no.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    It doesn't go on the outer most ring. It would go where your current "middle" ring is.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

The Fastest of Bananas

Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    It doesn't go on the outer most ring. It would go where your current "middle" ring is.
    Its a double.

And if its a 32t, you will need a spacer or grind some material frame the tabs. 30t and 34t are fine.

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBanana View Post
    Its a double.

And if its a 32t, you will need a spacer or grind some material frame the tabs. 30t and 34t are fine.

Yeah the new SLX crank is a 2x10 so would go on the outer location... Ok are spacers something super special that HAVE to be bought from a bike shop or are they just like little washers?

Just read about the new(ish) Halo Vapour Carbon rims, seem awesome and was thinking, wait I saw the Vapour and they didnt say anything about carbon. Started digging and sure enough there is a Carbon version and regular Alu version. Then that gets me drooling about colors and find that the Vapour are colored, TR, and only $10 more...

Damnit now I might send the 29r Disc back for the Vapour. But then I have to decide on if I want black, red, or blue....

Only decent pic of the red I can find...
    Next build... HammerHead Thumper-halo-wheels-2013.jpg

Pic of the blue..
    Next build... HammerHead Thumper-halo-vapour-rim.jpg
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

The Fastest of Bananas

Yeah the new SLX crank is a 2x10 so would go on the outer location... Ok are spacers something super special that HAVE to be bought from a bike shop or are they just like little washers?

Just read about the new(ish) Halo Vapour Carbon rims, seem awesome and was thinking, wait I saw the Vapour and they didnt say anything about carbon. Started digging and sure enough there is a Carbon version and regular Alu version. Then that gets me drooling about colors and find that the Vapour are colored, TR, and only $10 more...

Damnit now I might send the 29r Disc back for the Vapour. But then I have to decide on if I want black, red, or blue....
    As long as they are the right size youre good. And with a spacer you dont need to go buy short bolts.

mtbr member

Only decent pic of the red I can find...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halo-Wheels-2013.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	893869

Pic of the blue..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halo-Vapour-rim.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	893868
    Yum!

Short-Change-Hero
    Yeah debating if the extra money is worth color and the "TR" standing. I will go ghetto tubeless with whatever I have no matter what.
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

The Fastest of Bananas

Yeah debating if the extra money is worth color and the "TR" standing. I will go ghetto tubeless with whatever I have no matter what.
    Do eet

mtbr member

I 2nd that

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast