mtbr member
    Jul 2009

new Sycip SS 29er 120

I don't get on here much but wanted to share my experience with Jeremy Sycip, the builder of my new SS 29er 120. I came to him wanting an AM style SS to ride when it's too wet for the linkages of my Ibis Mojo. I also wanted to finally build a 29er. I knew I wanted as much travel as made sense, the shortest chain stay length and generally a stout bike to handle the technical ascents and steep downhill that I enjoy riding.

What he delivered blew my mind! After hours of discussions, he patiently took my ideas and thoughts and made them into something more than I had expected was possible. Perhaps I'll go into the details of the geometry and complimenting component selection later but I wanted to throw a huge thanks to Sycip for accommodating my demanding wishes and handing me one truly badass bike that I'll enjoy for many years to come.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new Sycip SS 29er 120-ss_29er_1.jpg  

mtbr member
    44mm headtube, dropper post, chain guide, and Nobby Nic tires. Yep, that is a great AM singlespeed!

mtbr member
    Nice ride, but I don't get the point of a chainguide on a singlespeed specific rig.
    www.seanhannity.com <=not what you think it is.

Homeopathy is the Air Guitar of Medicine.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The chain guide is so I can run 1x9 later. I left it on for the initial first ride chain stretch and will put it on a shelf until I'm too slow to pull SS. I'll leave the bash guard on to save the chain in the gnar.

~~~
    Sycip rules. Congrats!

get down!
    Rock Chalk!
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member
    I don't single or 1 x anything but if I did it would be on something like that, stay dirty my friend.
    This may be a total waste of time but I can't help but think that you might amount to something someday.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Bike looks great, but lets talk about Shemp hair style you are rocking. I kid!

EXORCIZE
    Awesome bike.

What h-bar?
    ride natty ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    SWEET bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    what are you kidding?! I paid extra for that just for the mtbr shoot. I'm from Kansas, what do you expect?

get down!
    Me too, Kansas alum. I was sh!tting you not...sh!tting you not my dude.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

Not smart enough to shift
    That thing looks b!tch'in. Post up some more pictures and the geo numbers. Looks like a fun bike!

Cheers,
    -A
    Disclaimer: I'm a fan-boi for Jenson USA.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    badazz.

ignore juan_speeder..its an "AM" bike and the guide adds trail cred

Cheesiest
    Cool bike! I've been considering a Sycip and this moves me one step closer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsf180 View Post
    I don't get on here much but wanted to share my experience with Jeremy Sycip, the builder of my new SS 29er 120. I came to him wanting an AM style SS to ride when it's too wet for the linkages of my Ibis Mojo. I also wanted to finally build a 29er. I knew I wanted as much travel as made sense, the shortest chain stay length and generally a stout bike to handle the technical ascents and steep downhill that I enjoy riding.

What he delivered blew my mind! After hours of discussions, he patiently took my ideas and thoughts and made them into something more than I had expected was possible. Perhaps I'll go into the details of the geometry and complimenting component selection later but I wanted to throw a huge thanks to Sycip for accommodating my demanding wishes and handing me one truly badass bike that I'll enjoy for many years to come.

Thanks!
    Nice Sycip! I was looking up information on the Diesel and came across your post. Any updates on your bike?