mtbr member

New Scale 2013 910 Frame to replace my misaligned 2012 Expert

Just got my new 2013 Scott Scale 910 frame in last week and loving it . I had a really bad rear misalignment issue with my 2012 Expert frame and finally decided to send it to Scott for assessment but it didn’t make it there in one piece. The rear drops outs were broken off during shipping so they sent me a brand new 2013 910 as a replacement. Looks and rides great…. Here are a few pix with the new 2013 910 frame with the old 2012 Expert components. I had a feeling Scott would have sent the old frame back and say it was to spec so the shipping breakage worked out good I guess. Took forever since it broke during shipping trying to figure out who was paying. Only cost me 3 weeks with no bike. Here are some pix.

2013 Scott Scale 910 Frame - a set on Flickr

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice. Like getting a new bike. 24 on the rear is thinning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Nice. Like getting a new bike. 24 on the rear is thinning.
    Thanks, what do you mean "24 on the rear is thinning"

mtbr member
    I'm glad how warranties are working nowadays, just received a Schwalbe tire as a warranty replacement, got the tire in less than 1 week since I sent the warranty form

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWorx View Post
    Thanks, what do you mean "24 on the rear is thinning"
    When I looked at the original size picture of the rear the teeth on the 24 rear cog were showing wear. They are losing width. I'd put on an new XT cluster and a KMC X10-TI chain sometime soon.
    Last edited by eb1888; 10-11-2012 at 11:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    When I looked at the original size picture of the rear the teeth on the 24 rear cog were showing wear. They are losing width. I'd put on an new XT cluster and a KMC 10 L chain sometime soon.
    Ok, thanks... It’s had 4 chains replaced under warranty since I got it last year around this time. I need to start looking at this stuff myself and get a little more into it. I was into BMX big time in the late 70's and 80’s and did all the work on my bike myself including full builds. I’m old now and just let the LBS do my repairs….lol. They probably haven’t been using the proper chain and that why it's screwd….

mtbr member
    That's a beautiful bike mate. BMW looks good to.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWorx View Post
    Ok, thanks... It’s had 4 chains replaced under warranty since I got it last year around this time. I need to start looking at this stuff myself and get a little more into it. I was into BMX big time in the late 70's and 80’s and did all the work on my bike myself including full builds. I’m old now and just let the LBS do my repairs….lol. They probably haven’t been using the proper chain and that why it's screwd….
    .A German magazine rated 10 speed chains for longevity. The KMC X10-TI is the better longevity for the money and it is very smooth shifting.
    .KMC X-10 TI 116L - ProBikeOutlet
    .KMC X-10 TI 116L

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I am looking long time of this bike , I consider this or the highball but heard the scale is more "user frindly"