mtbr member
    Aug 2010

New Michelin Wild Race'r ride report.

I've been a fan of the WIld Race'r for 3 years now. Longest lasting 29er XC tire I have ever had. I just finally threw away one that probably had over 400 rides on it... no joke.

Anyway, the old Race'r was a great rear tire but as a front tire the cornering knobs were a bit conservative... I preferred things like the Geax AKA, the Specialized Captain, or the Maxxis Ignitor... but this new Race'r design has much more aggressive side knobs, yet still has very low rolling resistance. It's pattern is somewhat similar to the Ignitor, but it rolls better.

I found it to be superb in the corners very capable over rocks, gravel and loose soil. Time will tell on it's durability... but when I finally wear out this old version of the Racer that I have on the rear, I'll give it a try out back.

I have the 2.1 which measures more like a 2.2... unlike it's older brother which measured more like a 2.3+. Advertised weight is 670. I was running it at 24psi.

Cassoulet forever !
    you need to move this to the "29 components" forum.

I don't know which version you are talking about.
    If it's the one with the rhombus knobs, then it's one of my favourite XC tire. Rolls very fast, good volume, pretty light, and good grip thanks to a soft coupound that make it wear fast.
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org