Sweep the leg!

New to me Flyte 29er

After a victorious eBay I have a new Flyte Celcius 9 in the house. when I said new I mean new. The dropouts still have paint on them. This frame has never been built as a whole bike.

I know Flyte is history. But they've had to have made more than a handful of these. Anyone have one?

I'll post it up as it gets built between skiing on our new record annual snowfall of 80".
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I had one, but never got around to building it up. I bought it on Ebay from some guy who posts here from time to time, but a year has passed and I cannot remember who. Frame looked nice enough, but never got rave reviews. It was going to be my work commuter because it could take v brake wheels and I had a set redy to go. I ended up in another job and riding to work was no longer a reality. I remember the headtube being reaaaally short though.

Build that puppy up and let us know.
    Thanks to www.fortframes.com

BWG
    mtbr member
    I used to ride a Celsius 6 (26er) when they first came out. I still have the frame (for sale). I really liked it - the curved seat and chainstays really soaked up the trail. It was more comfy than the steel hardtail I rode previously - and was way lighter. Pretty cool looking too, the hydroformed tubes used to get alot of compliments. The biggest complaint I remember hearing about the 29er was that the Reba forks wouldn't clear the downtube, and some frame failures were reported.

mtbr member
    I saw that one on ebay - nice win. It should be a nice light bike.

Sweep the leg!
    Made the rounds of the shops while getting Valentine's shopping done. Working on ordering a headset. Bought a Bontrager seat collar. So far I've spent $138.

I've got a bunch of parts left from my failed 69er attempt on my old Cannondale, so I'm dangerously close to completion.

Avid BB7's for the moment, until my Strokers come. Then I'll put the Strokers on the Fe2+ and the 9c will get the LX hydros.
    When the headset comes, it'll be going on a Bontrager Aluminum Switchblade (26"). It might speed the steering up 1 degree but if it doesn't work I'll install the Reba.
    The cranks will be square taper Codas from the '95 C-dale. I think my American Classic BB will work with that.
    I've got a new American Classic post which was warranty from AC when my other one broke last year.
    The Origin 8 Space bars from the C-dale will be held by a basic Bontrager Race stem.
    Wheels will be shared with the Ferrous.

Could it be this easy?
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.