mtbr member

New Giant Anthem X2 = New Passion!

Wow! I've researched 29ers forever and finally pulled the trigger on a deal I couldn't pass up. I've ridden her 3 times and am absolutely stunned at the difference from my old 26" Stumpy. She rolls great, I'm climbing stuff with ease that previously I struggled on, I've got way more confidence cornering...the difference is unbelievable! I ride with my 2 adult sons and even they can't believe how much faster I am on this bike.

If you are "on the fence" or even remotely considering buying an AX2 - DO IT! You won't be dissappointed. There are great deals out there on the 2011's right now too.

Anyway - here she is: right out of the box, all stock except blackspire pedals and ODI Rogue lock ons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Giant Anthem X2 = New Passion!-img_5238.jpg  

New Giant Anthem X2 = New Passion!-img_5240.jpg  

New Giant Anthem X2 = New Passion!-img_5243.jpg  

Sola Fide

usually cranky
    anthems are some good looking bikes, i would love to try one out. i think swapping my stumpy fsr for an anthem with 120 up front would be awesome for where i ride.

davidcarson48
    Looks sweet...enjoy it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    How is the Fox fork on yours? I got the same bike a month ago and after the first ride had to send the fork back to Fox for warranty work. It developed a clunking sound under full compression and the lockout was weak when new. I miss the Reba on my old bike.....

mtbr member
    I want one so bad!!!
    2012 Anthem X 29er in the build process
    2010 Diamondback Mission

davidcarson48
    Quote Originally Posted by Pock View Post
    I want one so bad!!!
    I want a 2012 Anthem X 29er 0. I know people don't like the new specs, but I love the SRAM drivetrain and the Rockshox suspensions pieces. The color is awesome, too.

Maybe when they are clearing them out next fall...

mtbr member
    Lots of love for my 2011 X3. I upgraded it a bit to suit my riding style but loving the fox fork and maestro suspension. Night and day difference between the anthem and my decade old trek.

jct
    mtbr member
    i just sold my 2011 X2 yesterday.

great bike, but i need the cash. i'll own another one if the future...or a trance 29er when they come out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Loving my 2011 x3. In hindsight should spent the extra coin on the x2. I did get a good deal on the 3.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Really do need one! Really are great looking bikes

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The AX 2 29er really hasn't got the attention it deserves this year (2011). But it seems like it's catching up fast now.......I dig mine.

mtbr member
    The AX29 is an awesome bike but comes with garbage stock bearing. I destroyed the lower shock bearing in tens months of moderate riding.

Make sure you order a kit of enduro bearings and the Maestro Bearing Tool Kit.

mtbr member
    I haven't experienced any issues with the Fox fork or the lower shock bearing, nor heard of as a known problem in my research prior to purchase. I hauled mine up to Sedona for some red rock riding and absolutely loved it.

In case it helps anyone: I bought mine from Inkys Bikes (El Cajon, CA) for $1,999!

These aren't demo or shop bikes - brand new from Giants warehouse. I live in AZ but a short road trip was well worth it considering the price and customer service I received from them. I dealt with Jason - if you're thinking about one of these bikes; give him a call or send an email to see what you can work out. Based on my experience; you'll be glad you did!

I've decided to keep the Tundra 2 seat, but will be converting to tubeless on Maxxis Ardents later this week. After that - I plan to just ride the snot out of her!
    Sola Fide

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindless Mayhem View Post
    I haven't experienced any issues with the Fox fork or the lower shock bearing, nor heard of as a known problem in my research prior to purchase. I hauled mine up to Sedona for some red rock riding and absolutely loved it.

In case it helps anyone: I bought mine from Inkys Bikes (El Cajon, CA) for $1,999!

These aren't demo or shop bikes - brand new from Giants warehouse. I live in AZ but a short road trip was well worth it considering the price and customer service I received from them. I dealt with Jason - if you're thinking about one of these bikes; give him a call or send an email to see what you can work out. Based on my experience; you'll be glad you did!

I've decided to keep the Tundra 2 seat, but will be converting to tubeless on Maxxis Ardents later this week. After that - I plan to just ride the snot out of her!
    Thanks for sharing... what was the total out the door ? thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    God Bless that *****!!! lol

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 04turbowagon View Post
    Loving my 2011 x3. In hindsight should spent the extra coin on the x2. I did get a good deal on the 3.
    There really is not that much difference between the 3 and the 2 to justify the extra $$$ especially if you are goign to upgrade. The only thing stock on my 3 is the fork, grips, and saddle. All the part went on my Niner Air9 which was sold immediatley. My 3 went from 30lbs to 23lbs.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    So what did you upgrade?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 04turbowagon View Post
    So what did you upgrade?
    Wheels: Stans Crest
    TIres Maxxis Ikon
    Seatpost: Thomson
    Stem: Thomson
    Handlebars: Truvativ WC
    Shifters: SRAM X0
    RD & FD: SRAM X0
    Cranks: Middleburn RS4
    Brakes: Avid Elixir CR Mag w/ XX rotors
    Cables: Power Cordz
    Seatpost Clamp: Woodman 10g
    Cassette: X0
    Pedals: Beebop stainless
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Nice build on your X3

mtbr member
    $2,175 out the door! That included a lo-rise bar too. I called about a dozen LBS and best they could do was 2,500 plus tax.
    Sola Fide

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Even if you're not a Giant fan, it's hard to beat the proven Maestro and the company's lifetime warranty to original owner.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Mindless Mayhem, I am going to blame you if I get one of these by this weekend!

mtbr member
    LowOnO2:
    I can live with that because the blame will will come through the "perma-grin" on your face from the sheer joy these bikes bring while ripping through the trails!

Go for it! Make sure to post a couple pics and your first ride(s) experience.
    Sola Fide

banned
    So far mine has been a great riding bike with the 120mm up front. One of things I like the best is the ability to fit a 2.4 Ardent in the back with plenty of room to spare.

Photobucket

davidcarson48
    Wow, that's a great setup for winter riding.