Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

New,2010 Lynskey Houseblend PRO29

banned
    I love my Pro29, but this new one.......

not so much.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Why, it is a bit slacker, stiffer, and slightly shorter chainstays. Do you just not like the way it looks or is it something else?

banned

mainly the look

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Why, it is a bit slacker, stiffer, and slightly shorter chainstays. Do you just not like the way it looks or is it something else?
    I really like the swoopy top tube on my 2009 frame. I like the helix on the downtube and I think it really does stiffen the frame laterally. I think that there is too little difference between the Ridgeline and the Pro29 now. I think Lynskey would have been better served to continue to make the Pro 29 with the helix downtube and maybe a swoopy, hydroformed top tube if they wanted to do something different. The hydroformed front triangles that they are making for the Titus rockstar look amazing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    BB is kinda high for a HT. Or is that just IMO?

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding
    BB is kinda high for a HT. Or is that just IMO?
    well...everything from your perspective is IMO

i disagree anyway. especially with a supposed 100mm fork, which will of course physically sag more than a 80mm such that a smidgen higher static bottom bracket for longer fork makes sense since when "on the trail"/sagged, where it matters, it will yield about the same relative bottom bracket height.

Further, 12.5" is a perfect BB height for lots of folks...some people actually have rocks and sh!t where yes, even on a hardtail too low of a BB is not my favorite thing. Nevertheless, a static 12.5" sound great to me for a non custom configuration where it can be generalized nicely

Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    I really like the swoopy top tube on my 2009 frame. I like the helix on the downtube and I think it really does stiffen the frame laterally. I think that there is too little difference between the Ridgeline and the Pro29 now. I think Lynskey would have been better served to continue to make the Pro 29 with the helix downtube and maybe a swoopy, hydroformed top tube if they wanted to do something different. The hydroformed front triangles that they are making for the Titus rockstar look amazing.
    i think it looks badazz! sorry...i really think it does. having said that, it's not nearly as badazz as my FoSkey

WNC Native
    Definitely think the 09 looks better, the helix toptube is an eye sore!
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

CB2
    Jam Econo
    I don't care for bent top tubes, so I like the way the 2010 looks better.
    In their write up the say it's:
    "not a do-all bike. Designed around the tight, twisty singletrack of the Southeast, this bike is at home on technical terrain and shines on fire roads and double track."
    So which is it?

mtbr member
    This Helix shape seems like it is more obvious,more clear in the tubes now,but could be the photo quality...

They claim it's stiffer now.I can't wait for the reviews...

mtbr member

Good job! Lynskey

IMO both models look great!

beater
    Yeah, I think they look pretty hot myself. Although I admit I'm looking forward to seeing the fabled Foskey. AM hardtails are something that have really piqued my intersest since a buddy of mine got a 456 5 years ago, and Fo's build sounds about perfect.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CB2
    I don't care for bent top tubes, so I like the way the 2010 looks better.
    In their write up the say it's:
    "not a do-all bike. Designed around the tight, twisty singletrack of the Southeast, this bike is at home on technical terrain and shines on fire roads and double track."
    So which is it?

That is kind of a funny ad copy. I mean, what else is left to ride on? I guess 'do all' means North Shore all the way through loaded touring or something.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    I think "fire road" is a quite regional term. And when used in the southeast to describe the Pisgah area type terrain where Lynskey is located you have to realize it refers to anything wider than singletrack.

So in Lynskey's description you have to put location in context to the term "fire road" which around here could be a flat road. But more than likely it goes up at 30-40 degree incline or has bowling ball sized rocks strewn everywhere and 3' drops!

Maybe it's just the polite southern way to leave out the most important word, abandoned when referring to most area fire roads!?

I've learned that just because it has the word "road" in it around here does not mean you could drive anything on it. It can be quite a challenge just to walk it!

Quote Originally Posted by evasive
    Fo's build sounds about perfect.
    oh stop I agree

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I think the helix top tube looks 10x better than the sloped top tube. I'd be far more likely to buy this than the old PRO29. Looking forward to the reviews!

mtbr member
    helix tubes stiffer or just marketing hype?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    I think Lynskey would have been better served to continue to make the Pro 29 with the helix downtube and maybe a swoopy, hydroformed top tube if they wanted to do something different. The hydroformed front triangles that they are making for the Titus rockstar look amazing.
    Yeah. I agree.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I thought the geometry of the PRO29 was different from the Ridgeline 29 in 2009. Now they are the same. So, the difference in the two models is the Helix tubes?

banned

None got it

Quote Originally Posted by None
    I think "fire road" is a quite regional term. And when used in the southeast to describe the Pisgah area type terrain where Lynskey is located you have to realize it refers to anything wider than singletrack.

So in Lynskey's description you have to put location in context to the term "fire road" which around here could be a flat road. But more than likely it goes up at 30-40 degree incline or has bowling ball sized rocks strewn everywhere and 3' drops!

Maybe it's just the polite southern way to leave out the most important word, abandoned when referring to most area fire roads!?

I've learned that just because it has the word "road" in it around here does not mean you could drive anything on it. It can be quite a challenge just to walk it!
    I think None has ridden Farlow gap before. Technically I guess it's an old fire road but probably one of the most technically challenging roads you will ever ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMokErJqkik

mtbr member
    I thought the geometry of the PRO29 was different from the Ridgeline 29 in 2009. Now they are the same. So, the difference in the two models is the Helix tubes?
    Yep, the Helix for sure. Maybe also a different tube set, rendering the Pro lighter (the figures on the website are estimates, so presently comparing between them is meaningless).

The Helix should (stress on should) give you a stiffer front end and a responsive BB (read - no flex).

I think Lynskey, rightfully so, has been sensitive to the general lambasting Ti is flexy and grabbed the bull by its horn.

I may order one soon and give it a try. They have 15 days return policy (excluding shipping both ways) so the risk is minimal. If it is good as they claim, that would be a blast!!

mtbr member
    I think Lynskey would have been better served to continue to make the Pro 29 with the helix downtube and maybe a swoopy, hydroformed top tube if they wanted to do something different. The hydroformed front triangles that they are making for the Titus rockstar look amazing.
    Form follows function...They wanted to make a better bike.

mtbr member

I love it,

What's up with the white rigid fork? Is that a one off fork just for that bike or are they available through Lynskey? Fo? CF.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    What's up with the white rigid fork? Is that a one off fork just for that bike or are they available through Lynskey? Fo? CF.
    ha...i asked as well what fork that is, i dunno but likely somebody here does. just a repaint of an existing fork no doubt????

mtbr member
    What's up with the white rigid fork?
    465mm repainted. Belongs to their employee/racer Jamey.

P.s: in the video the frame doesn't look that hot. Might be the prospective?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast