mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Need help pricing a 2012 Stumpjumper FSR comp 29 frame

Hi, I want to sell my 2012 Stumpjumper FSR comp 29 frame on ebay, but I dont know how much should I ask for.
    The frame is aluminium, no brain, has 50 miles and in showroom condition. No scratches.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks for looking

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, Craigslist is probably your best option to sell a bike and compare comps... Ebay will hit you with their fee's, then Paypal will hit you with theirs, then your LBS will charge you to take it apart and package it... The buyer is aware of paying for shipping and price to get bike put back together (unless they can do it them-self) which will drive the price down. If there aren't any in your area to compare on craigslist, check a bigger city to get an idea. You can always start a little high and move down if you need to.

Edit, oops. Didn't see it was for the frame only when typing my response. Good luck selling. Possibly do a bid option and set up a reserve.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    what size frame is it? if its a small i am interested..

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_blow View Post
    what size frame is it? if its a small i am interested..
    Joe, sorry it's large.BTW, how much do you think I can get for it?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    not sure... but knowing that the new 2013 bike is out it will lower price.

I have seen 2012 frames for sale between 500-700.. (frame/swing arm and shock)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
    Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, Craigslist is probably your best option to sell a bike and compare comps... Ebay will hit you with their fee's, then Paypal will hit you with theirs, then your LBS will charge you to take it apart and package it... The buyer is aware of paying for shipping and price to get bike put back together (unless they can do it them-self) which will drive the price down. If there aren't any in your area to compare on craigslist, check a bigger city to get an idea. You can always start a little high and move down if you need to.

Edit, oops. Didn't see it was for the frame only when typing my response. Good luck selling. Possibly do a bid option and set up a reserve.
    And it's brutal lately. Been a while since I sold a big ticket item on eBay but recently sold a fork on eBay for $425 shipped, eBay took $28 in fees and PP took about $12. But luckily it sold within 12 hours and I was in a hurry to move it, and I only made a couple bucks lol, thankfully broke even.