Thread: My new ride!

mtbr member

My new ride!

I waited almost 8 week for my new, first FS bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new ride!-img_0272m.jpg  

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Superfly 100 AL Elite! WOW! One of my favorite XC bikes out there! Have fun with it!
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mtbr member
    Id reroute both brakes lines so they are on the inside (of the fork leg and seat stay).

MTB B'dos
    Nice, think you might enjoy that

As Eurospek said, re-route those lines inside. Can't understand the amount of new bikes I'm seeing with the front brake routed outside the fork leg, curious if this is from the factory or the numbskulls in the bike shop
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    It's coming from the factory, not all bike shop employees are numbskulls. What do you know that these factories don't? Is snagging brake lines really a problem?

If there is enough of a hook on a branch to snag and pull off my brake hose, what did it just do to my leg?

MTB B'dos
    Nothing at all, because when it snagged that brake line it also ripped your handlebar 90 degrees and pitched you OTB But don't listen to us, what do we know, right, I mean those geniuses at the factory making minimum wage in whatever country that is must surely know and care more

Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    It's coming from the factory, not all bike shop employees are numbskulls. What do you know that these factories don't? Is snagging brake lines really a problem?

If there is enough of a hook on a branch to snag and pull off my brake hose, what did it just do to my leg?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    ^^^^what he said. Not to mention getting smashed b/w rock or root and fork/framre in a crash/tip over situation and crushing the hose. Maybe causing a leak. Just more protected that way.

mtbr member

Brake lines

Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Id reroute both brakes lines so they are on the inside (of the fork leg and seat stay).
    You guys are good, nothing gets past you! I guess the comment is correct and the cable would be safer inside the fork, less chance of a snag.

I would not be able to re-route the line myself and I am an older rider, thus safe and conservative so this should not really apply to me. (I hope)

I love the learning experience from many of the members, it's great, thanks!

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by rickcin View Post
    You guys are good, nothing gets past you! I guess the comment is correct and the cable would be safer inside the fork, less chance of a snag.

I would not be able to re-route the line myself and I am an older rider, thus safe and conservative so this should not really apply to me. (I hope)

nice ride. have fun.

my brand new bike's hydraulics were routed to the inside of the fork but pretty much on top of the seatstay by design--the routing is welded to the frame. i have yet to snag anything on it yet and have little concern that i will.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new ride!-dscn1446.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    nice ride. have fun.

my brand new bike's hydraulics were routed to the inside of the fork but pretty much on top of the seatstay by design--the routing is welded to the frame. i have yet to snag anything on it yet and have little concern that i will.
    The rear routing looks fine to me, the front fork brake cable does have some exposure to be snagged!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickcin View Post

Not as hard as you think. Just 2 allen bolts per caliper and voila. Remove, move line inside fork leg and rebolt caliper to adapter (making sure it's centered).

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by evenslower View Post
    ^^^^what he said. Not to mention getting smashed b/w rock or root and fork/framre in a crash/tip over situation and crushing the hose. Maybe causing a leak. Just more protected that way.
    That's for sure. would have crushed my brake hose this fall if not routed inside the fork.

trail rat
    I like putting the brake hoses inside so that sticks and rocks picked up by the tires (happens far more often than snags on the outside) have a better chance of ripping the lines loose.

I've seen far more of that over the years than I have damaged ones on the outside.I love the "conventional wisdom" of MTBR and the peer pressure it generates, borders on bullying, it does; and the e-peen competition get heated
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Not as hard as you think. Just 2 allen bolts per caliper and voila. Remove, move line inside fork leg and rebolt caliper to adapter (making sure it's centered).
    I understand, not a big deal and this is the 3rd bike I purchased from this bike shop. I will just ask them to please take care of it for me and it sounds like about 10 minutes of work for a bike mechanic!

Thanks again, nothing beats corrective criticism !