Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TRACKDADDY

My new Black Sheep ST Highlight...

Here is my new 4 inch rear travel pivotless Black Sheep ST Highlight! James has done a few of these here lately and I absolutely love it!! I couldn't have asked for more from James! He delivered exactly as promised! I had James design this frame around the new 09 120mm Reba w/ Maxle lite just waiting to get my hands on one now should have my new I9 Enduro front wheel in a week or two and in the mean time I might throw a 130mm WB Fluid on to get a feel for the longer travel.... Gotta love custom as there are always a few little quirks and nuances but I wouldn't trade it for anything!! Can't find my final CAD with all of the numbers as I change a few things around at the last moment but doesn't matter as it rides like a dream and fits like a glove!!!

I know I know my work bench is a mess, story of my life.....

James let me trade in my old S&S Highlight for the new ST Hightlight, pretty cool huh!

Here is a link to all of my pictures of the build up.

Just to creep ya'll out
    Last edited by Brandon448; 07-19-2008 at 02:42 PM.
    "On yere Bike!!!!",

Brandon Lockwood, KCH Inc.
    [SIZE="5"]Track Daddy Blog[/SIZE]

breathing helium
    Sweet Brandon! It looks great! I can only imagine how amazingly it rides. I know what a master James is. Congrats!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    how long does it take james to kick these fames and forks out? seems like there is a lot of BS stuff on here lately...

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    smooooooth like butter.

Dayum. Brandon, your frames makes me want to sell all my 26ers, and my cross so I can get another Blacksheep. Hmmm....do I really need a DH and a XC when I can have another BS.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Certified Bike Junkie
    Holy she uhhhh!!! Beautiful....Let us know how she rides!!
    Check out my BLOG www.joemtbiker.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Does it fit in an airline case?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    nice bike! what head-tube angle did you go with for the new reba @120mm?

Trophy Husband
    Looks flexy.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Congrats i love mine you are really going to love it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    This is my fs dream bike at the moment....dont know when will i have the dosh to get it....coz all my dosh have been transfered to my rigid dream bike im waiting to arrive soon...

nicey nice bs...

mtbr member
    Very nice, Brandon. I thought long and hard about that bike before I ordered my Stellar from James. That will probably be the next one I get from him.
    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thought you might like to see where your old frame ended up. This was Crested Butte, CO
    earlier this week.bike in CB.jpg

C bike2.jpg

TRACKDADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by volkstech
    Thought you might like to see where your old frame ended up. This was Crested Butte, CO
    earlier this week.bike in CB.jpg

C bike2.jpg

WOW, Thanks volkstech! Enjoy her as much as I did she is truly a one of a kind! If you are wondering what the numbers on the bottom of the bb are it is the year made and the number that frame was made by James of that year a kind of serial number in case it ever got stolen...

Brandon
    "On yere Bike!!!!",

Brandon Lockwood, KCH Inc.
    [SIZE="5"]Track Daddy Blog[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    dude, that sheep is in the flowers that were right by my campsite yesterday. right on schofield pass right, just lower then emerald lake?

That is a cool bike, so elegant.

I have to confess, it sure seems like the rear end would be flexy as hell. Yet, I have a friend who rides a Funk with an identical design, and it works for him.

Enjoy!

Not smart enough to shift

Stunning...

I love the lines of this sheep. Looks like a perfect trail bike with beautiful lines. I hope she rides half as good as she looks.

Cheers,
    Andy

Certified Bike Junkie

Detailed ride report

So someone needs to give us a detailed ride report about these things. It seems like it would be flexy in the rear..But would be nice to know if you can feel the flex..Also how much travel does a design like this truly allow? It says 4", but does it really move that much? Or is it more like 2" unless you hit a big drop? I really like the design and the look of it, If I were to get a full sussy ride it would probably be a generic version of one of these (over a 1000 bucks cheaper and pretty much the same design ti as well) but would be nice to know the ride quality...Owners ....fess up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Brandon, thanks for letting me know about the #'s on the bottom bracket. I have 3 other black sheeps and should mark them as well.
    Rollinon29s, Your absolutely right as to where it is. I took the pictures wed. evening during some showers.
    Pat

mtbr member
    Can we get some feedback on the ride of this sweet rig and how long is the TT?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    dosboy,

I think I saw you at the PCP10 last month, I was on the Generic ST, beautiful Jones btw. Initial impressions on the Black Sheep/Generic soft tail... I had Chris build my Generic with distance riding in mind, since getting the bike, I have race the CCP, Park City Perfect 10, and Leadville. The ride quality of the suspension design is SUPERB, with the pro pedal lockout, it is every bit as stiff as my Vulture hardtail, and climbs like no other. I am getting a legitimate 3 1/2" of active travel out of the suspension, 4 would be possible, but it would take a pretty hard shot to activate. (getting too old for big drops)... The travel is very smooth and supple, and sucks up trail chatter effortlessly, the bike is at it's best in swoopy, rolling singletrack. The only issue I have had is that the chainstay adjusting bolts loosened after a couple of rides and cocked the rear wheel. I locktited the bolts and haven't had a problem since. Since getting the Generic, my Scott Spark has not seen the outside of the garage, it is a blast to ride and has been the perfect bike for me.

Certified Bike Junkie

Thanks

For the report, yeah I remember seeing your bike there, I talked to your wife about it and she let me "fondle"it. My bro is interested in purchasing one of these now, myself, in a year or so, my bro has had a hard time getting ahold of anyone at generic..You have any contact info? We should go ride some time and swap bikes, I'd like to try yours out

mtbr member

looks similar to mine:)

I think was the second soft tail James made. Awesome bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Nice stuff... I was wondering what happened to the hardtail that you had.

Now broadcasting from CO
    Damn... damn... that is sexy
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Now this framemaker guy has got some serious style.

Awesome looking machines <3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast