mtbr member

My new 29er Specialized stump jumper comp!!!

I picked this up over the weekend!
    Havent had a chance to ride it yet due to the trails being unrideable... Hopefully this up and coming weekend i can get a chance and put it through its motions. I CANT WAIT!!!!
    I went from a surly karate monkey

I swapped out the wheels that came with the stump jumper to a nevegal up front and a small black 8 in the rear, Im thinking about upgradeing the rims to some flows/king combo. what do you guys think??

Big Boy
    That is a good looking bike! What year model is that? I haven't seen that color scheme. You can't really go wrong with flow/king combo, but for the stumpy I would think that the arch-ex/king combo would be a better fit. Unless you are a clyde like me, in which case wider is almost always better!

Looks like you have two great bikes!
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

turtles make me hot
    Go for it... I have an 09 Stumpjumper FSR and it came from the factory with rims and tires that were altogether too damn narrow.
    I changed up to Salsa Semis (discontinued) which are 30mm. The tires that came on my bike were probably 2.1. I'm now running 2.25 rear and 2.35 front and the bike rocks.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    That is a good looking bike! What year model is that? I haven't seen that color scheme. You can't really go wrong with flow/king combo, but for the stumpy I would think that the arch-ex/king combo would be a better fit. Unless you are a clyde like me, in which case wider is almost always better!
    Looks like you have two great bikes!
    It is a 2012-2013 stumpjumper, Im not big of a guy lol im 6.0" and 140lbs so not too much force will be on the rims haha, im trying for a semi budget rim build but found a nice set of arches/king on here for 600$, im strongly considering picking them up, what do u guys think about the price? But am open to all recommendations

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by thejamesgriff View Post
    It is a 2012-2013 stumpjumper, Im not big of a guy lol im 6.0" and 140lbs so not too much force will be on the rims haha, im trying for a semi budget rim build but found a nice set of arches/king on here for 600$, im strongly considering picking them up, what do u guys think about the price? But am open to all recommendations
    That's actually a pretty good price for complete wheels with Kings. Are they the new EX's?
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    That's actually a pretty good price for complete wheels with Kings. Are they the new EX's?
    No unfortunetly there the older ztr's.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I love the color on the stumpy, congrats!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Great bike! I have the 2012 model for almost 3 months now and I love it! The only thing I changed was the front tire, I ride in dry/loose trails most of the times so I put that one on the back and a Nobby Nic in the front and is just perfect.
    Enjoy

mtbr member
    Congrats on the new purchase, my LBS had one and i sat on it (didn't ride it) and it felt great, I am sure you will enjoy this bike very much

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moeslow View Post
    Great bike! I have the 2012 model for almost 3 months now and I love it! The only thing I changed was the front tire, I ride in dry/loose trails most of the times so I put that one on the back and a Nobby Nic in the front and is just perfect.
    Enjoy
    lets see some pics! =)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nstp0316 View Post
    Congrats on the new purchase, my LBS had one and i sat on it (didn't ride it) and it felt great, I am sure you will enjoy this bike very much
    I love this bike!!! I had a chance to take it out a bit after work the other day and man this bike flys! I have zero complaints so far, hopefully it stays this way haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    My new 29er Specialized stump jumper comp!!!-bike-copy.jpgMy new 29er Specialized stump jumper comp!!!-copy2.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I like it a lot too, if I were to complaint about something, that would be the brakes...
    I only logged about 300 miles with this bike, maybe is time for some maintenance...

mtbr member
    wow! im jealous of your view! haha great bike!!! its been raining so hard here, my bike is now just waiting.... New rims should be here friday!!! cant wait, will throw some pics up when they get here =), what state are those pics taken in?

mtbr member
    where is this picture? this is a great location!

Ridin' Furry

2012 stump comp

Grats on the bike man, you wont be disappointed. I kept poppin spoke on my stumpys stock wheels. I upgraded to some Spinergy Xyclone wheels. They are perfect for my xc riding and the hubs are great.

My new 29er Specialized stump jumper comp!!!-0406131452a.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Southern California, weather is not an excuse here. If is too hot in the valley, I ride in mountains (30' drive). During the winter time, stick to the valley. That particular hill tops at 3000 ft and is just 6 miles away from my front door, fire rd to the top, single track down, and the best part, nobody else rides in there, just a few hikers every once in a while. For me is just perfect.

mtbr member
    so... i got my new rims in! haha and the back fits fine and all but the front has a bigger diameter than the original thru axle, does any of you guys know the diameter of the stock axle, i need to order the other build kit for the front chris king hubs, please let me kno =)