Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRDStumpy View Post
    Love the bike. I went with the 29 Evo last Saturday and love it. The color scheme is schweet just wish it would stop snowing in Denver so I can ride. Attachment 778869
    Love the bike man almost got that one but my lbs gave me a deal on the comp carbon I couldn't refuse I'm in the same boat as far as the snow

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    That's an awesome bike man, congrats!

mtbr member
    Well, my bike is totally done. No more upgrades on this bike haha. Here are the specs

2013 FSR Comp 29er Stumpy frame (alloy)
    Syntace Stem
    Stans ZTR Arch Ex 29ers (tubeless)
    Easton Havon carbon bar
    S-works Carbon Cranks
    Wellgo Mg-1 pedals
    Crank Bros Kronolog Dropper (I don't recommend these, very troublesome and poor reliability).

With dropper bike weighs 27.9 lbs, pretty light for a bike this stout.
    You will notice the dropper not internally routed, LBS didn't see the internal routing and I have since fixed that. Pretty *****in' bike so far. Have only taken it out a couple of times due it being winter, but I hope to change that soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new 2013 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er!!!!-2013-03-10_14-08-27_861.jpg  

Knob scrubber

Re: My new 2013 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    Well, my bike is totally done. No more upgrades on this bike haha. Here are the specs

2013 FSR Comp 29er Stumpy frame (alloy)
    Syntace Stem
    Stans ZTR Arch Ex 29ers (tubeless)
    Easton Havon carbon bar
    S-works Carbon Cranks
    Wellgo Mg-1 pedals
    Crank Bros Kronolog Dropper (I don't recommend these, very troublesome and poor reliability).

With dropper bike weighs 27.9 lbs, pretty light for a bike this stout.
    You will notice the dropper not internally routed, LBS didn't see the internal routing and I have since fixed that. Pretty *****in' bike so far. Have only taken it out a couple of times due it being winter, but I hope to change that soon!
    Looks great mate, nice list of upgrades there too. Time to get out there and enjoy it. Mine keeps amazing me what it is capable of. I took it out on some gnarly descents yesterday and blew away the guys on 6" 26ers, my decision to but a 29er want so amusing after that!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Real men do it in the dirt

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Just did a quick ride on the new SJ, SOB!! The thing climbs like a goat.

I was on an entry level MTB and the difference is stunning. The good news is riding the jalopy made me a much stronger and technical rider, had too for survival.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I just picked up my new StumpJumper Comp FSR 29er on Friday. It's the charcoal on black version as well, and it looks great. I am 6'5" and 200 lbs, I got the XL frame and it fits perfectly. Took a short 5 mile ride this weekend and I really enjoyed the ride. Still trying to get used to the size of the bike after my 26" Rockhopper Comp hardtail. But it's lush going downhill.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hey now..I had bought my son a 2012 demo specialized fsr comp 29er..
    a couple of months ago. I think the bike is awesome. This past weekend I took it to the trails cause I have never really ridden it for long periods. I ride a Santa Cruz SL29er and there pretty different rides. The fsr is a beast going over things and uphill, and just really squishy and fun.

The FSR is a little big for me but I did feel the the front end kind of drifts to the side easily. Doesn't feel as stable as my ride and was wondering if anyone has felt this on theirs, like it was really hard keeping it straight on skinnies. It made me wonder why it felt like that. Could it be the wider handle bars? or maybe the 2.3 tire in the front?
    I feel like it could be the wider flat bars. maybe a shorter bar with a a rise will change that. Anyhow just seeing if anyone had similar experiences with this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yem999 View Post
    Hey now..I had bought my son a 2012 demo specialized fsr comp 29er..
    a couple of months ago. I think the bike is awesome. This past weekend I took it to the trails cause I have never really ridden it for long periods. I ride a Santa Cruz SL29er and there pretty different rides. The fsr is a beast going over things and uphill, and just really squishy and fun.

The FSR is a little big for me but I did feel the the front end kind of drifts to the side easily. Doesn't feel as stable as my ride and was wondering if anyone has felt this on theirs, like it was really hard keeping it straight on skinnies. It made me wonder why it felt like that. Could it be the wider handle bars? or maybe the 2.3 tire in the front?
    I feel like it could be the wider flat bars. maybe a shorter bar with a a rise will change that. Anyhow just seeing if anyone had similar experiences with this.
    I think the "wandering" you are experiencing is maybe be due to the slackier head tube angle. After a few rides you should master it. More notice on slow uphill sections.

mtbr member
    I really enjoy this bike for riding more technical trails. It is light enough to climb, but has enough cush on the front and rear to handle gnarlier trails. It is basically a "do all" bike. I took my hardtail out for a long ride yesterday and realized how much the full suspension keeps your body aches and pains in check.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ok guys I need help. I just got my amazing 2013 specialized fsr comp 29er but I can't fit it on my roof bike rack. The spacers on the fork to put through the skewers are completely closed and are thick. Are there bigger skewers? I have this skewer.... ****************110ZKNZ

mtbr member
    May 2013
    ****************110zknz

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ugh can't post link....

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Tahoe29er

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Does it use the bikes own skewer to lock in?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    And 15x100 is the correct size?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Not sure if its the correct size, go to Hurricanes web site. Yes, use the 15 qr thru bolt that's on the front wheel. Easy to use, I used one for a lefty fork for years, now have two of them for 15 and a 20 thru bolts.
    Tahoe29er

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ok guys I have a question, my front and rear shock have 3 different modes, ascend, trail, and descend. But i can't tell the difference in the at all. All three travel what looks to be the same amount and seem to have the same stiffness. Is it something that's wrong with mine or would the gate knobs make a difference? Because that's just for rebound right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasclair View Post
    Ok guys I have a question, my front and rear shock have 3 different modes, ascend, trail, and descend. But i can't tell the difference in the at all. All three travel what looks to be the same amount and seem to have the same stiffness. Is it something that's wrong with mine or would the gate knobs make a difference? Because that's just for rebound right?
    You may have too much air in the shock. You should notice a difference pretty easily. I would adjust the rebound as well. You should be able to set it using the autosag feature but you do not have to use that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Your LBS will set this for you if you don't have a shock pump. Takes 3 minutes.

I run the fork and shock rebound in the middle. Click it all the way in one direction, then count the clicks all the way in the other. Then click back half that number. It'll be 6 or 7 clicks.

Front Fork pressure is 40% of loaded riding weight. Weigh 200lbs then 80 psi.

Rear Shock is pumped to 300 psi then climb on the bike and hit the bleed valve to set auto sag.

I run CTD on trail for both almost all time anyway.

Damn good shocks.

mtbr member
    I found this thread useful so I thought I'd reply with my experience.

I have a stock large 2013 SJ FSR tubeless without a dropper post and it weighed in at about 30.4 pounds without pedals. I just installed some tubeless Stan Arch EX wheels with Hope Evo2 hubs and I came in at 29 pounds. So I dropped over 1.4 pounds loosing the stock wheelset... Which honestly wasn't bad but loosing 1.4 pounds is great!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3