mtbr member
    Dec 2007

My Moots Mooto X RSL

Here is my Moots Mooto X RSL. It's the 2012 model but I had it made with the single downtube bend instead of 2. I've been building it up for a few weeks and getting it all dialed in and finally got a few shots out in the wild. Forgive the dirt, I'm horrible at cleaning up for glamour shots… rather be riding

Specs:
    Moots Mooto x RSL w/Sliding dropouts
    Moots Seatpost
    Fizik Carbon Arione seat
    Stans Arch rims with DT Swiss 240s hubs with thru axle conversion
    Sram BB30 carbon crank with MIddleburn 32T chainring
    Chris King 19T cog
    White Brothers carbon fork (removed clear coat and stickers)
    Formula Puro Oro brakes
    Ritchey carbon flat bar
    Chris King 44mm InSet headset
    Thomson stem
    Rocket Ron up front, Ralph in the rear
    XTR pedals
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Beauty! The green under the leaves is making me jealous - this winter can't end soon enough, I need some serious trail time.

mtbr member
    Have a friend that was looking at doing the same thing with the sliding drops and single bend. I will pass this on to him! Looks absolutely awesome. I got a similar build from Eriksen over the summer and love it so far. Can't wait to get it out this season and abuse it. Only 2 weeks 'til spring break and heading south to ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Congrats! I've been riding Moots for years - great company, excellent bikes!

~~~
    Mmmmmm. Mooooots. Congrats!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Nice looking ride ryan, I am looking to purchase a ybb 29er soon and will be going with the same frame toptube design. The 20" only comes with the straight top tube unless I go custom. What size frame are you on? Also what stem length are you using. I am a little torn between the 19" and 20" sizes..Thanks, Phin

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Good looking bike. I also have an RSL and love it. Congrats!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanx guys! I'm enjoying the hell out of it...

@phin It's a 19" frame with a 100mm stem I'm right at or barely under 6'1". Was fitted at the shop and everything feels just right. I don't mind the bend in the top tube on the YBB as much as the double bend in the RSL. Either way, if your spending Moots money, I'd get it exactly how you want it even if it means spending a bit on something cosmetic like a bend in tubing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Hey Ryan, I thought I was going to purchase the ybb with the bend in the toptube, but the straight tt looks more appealing to me. I'm a little over 6'1" and leaning towards the 20" with a 90 or 100mm stem, I don't think the 1/2" difference in the tt is going to be an issue. Just want to get it right the first time...Phin

c_klein87
    wow that is awesome! must feel super quick