mtbr member
    Oct 2004

My first geared 29er Buzz Bomb FS

After riding two Single speed 29ers for the past 6-7 months I decided I needed to have a geared bike again. I started collecting parts to build it. I wasn't sure what frame I was going to get. Well, that was until a used XL Buzz Bomb full suspension frame came up for sale on this very board. I figured it was a low cost way to get a full suspension frame and I couldn't resist. Well, here is the end result.

Build specs are:
    XL Van Dessel Buzz Bomb frame with Float R
    Reba Race w/poploc set @100mm
    Thomson stem and seatpost
    Selle Italia Flite seat
    Easton Carbon hi rise bars
    Lizard skins lock on grips
    Magura Marta hydro brakes w/ 180mm rotors f/r
    SRAM X.9 trigger shifters and rear derailluer
    Shimano Chain
    SRAM cassette
    XT f/d
    XT cranks 175mm
    Time ATAC alium pedals
    Bontrager Race disc wheelset
    Salsa 29er tubes
    Exiwolf front and Ignitor rear tire
    Cateye Enduro computer

Well, how does it ride? Well really I don't know. I went for a ride today, but the trails were too wet. I figured they would be frozen, but I was wrong. Instead of doing damage to the trials I went for a road ride with it instead. This way I got to make sure it shifted correctly and got to break in the brakes. With the weather around here now I don't know when I will be able to get a good ride on it on some singletrack.

That last pic is my 29er family photo with one of the dogs, Buster. Left to right they are Buzz Bomb fixie, Buzz Bomb full susser, and a Surly Karate Monkey SS front squishy. I was going to take more pics, but my digi cam died. I can't find any new AA batteries in the house for some reason.

Flight Junkie
    Nice. It's cool to see more and more FS 29er's coming out. People are asking why 29er's aren't more mainstream. I say it's because there were only a few FS frames out there for a while. The choices are getting better.
    ROTOR HEAD