Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Motobecane FLY Team 29 Ti XX Edition ?

anyone seen this of know when it will be available?

mtbr member
    Why not just fire off an email to bikesdirect, the site that sells them.
    Vecsus

HTFU or STFU

Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Mountain Climber
    anyone seen this of know when it will be available?

Currently sold out: 2011 version in process now and should be in about May

We will open a pre-book once we know the exact date; not a bad idea to sign up for newsletter and then you will get a notice the day they go on pre-book {we expect a complete sell though before they land}

thanks for your interest

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Cool-blue Rhythm Motobecane Fly Ti29er XX sram

new bargain??

Conquer the Trail
    The FLY Team 29er Titanium SRAM XX edition is a major part of any XC warrior's arsenal. Equipped with revolutionary 20 speed SRAM XX components that have seen the efforts of World Champions and elite atheletes countless times. The precision butted 3AL/2.5V Titanium frame is incredibly durable, responsive and comfortable. Engineered with 29er specific frame tubing. Barely 21 pounds*, the FLY Team 29er Titanium SRAM XX edition is one of the lightest XC Racing hardtails one may ever see with 29 inch wheels.

Weight / MSRP
    21.2 lbs, approx. 15 inch no pedals/reflectors / $5595*

Sizes / Color(s)
    15.5 inch | 17.5 inch | 19 inch | 21 inch Brushed Titanium with Clearcoat

FRAME Titanium 3AL/2.5V Butted and Geometric Multishaped 29Specific tubes, 2xH2O Bosses (15.5" size has 1xH2O Bosses), S-Bend seatstays, 29Specific chainstays (Room for most tires up to 2.35")
    REAR SHOCK N/A
    FORK Rockshox XX Edition Reba 29er 100mm Fork with hydraulic bar mounted PopLoc lever. (advanced FloodGate low speed compression to "lock out"/platform damping) 1.125" threadless aluminum steerer tube
    HEADSET FSA Orbit XLII precision bearing headset
    DERAILLEURS SRAM XX clamp-on front derailleur, SRAM XX long cage rear derailleur
    SHIFTERS SRAM XX shifters, Matchmaker clamps
    CRANK / BB SRAM XX Carbon 175mm, 26/39T / GXP BlackBox External Ceramic Bearing 73mm
    CASSETTE SRAM XX 11-36T, 10 speed
    CHAIN SRAM 1090, 10 Speed
    BRAKES SRAM/Avid XX hydraulic disc brakes, SRAM XX/Avid 160mm G4 Rotors
    BRAKE LEVERS SRAM XX hydraulic disc brake, Carbon fiber lever
    WHEELS Vuelta XRP Team 29er Super Light Disc, Bladed stainless steel spokes
    TIRES Kenda Small Block 8, 2.1x29" Kevlar bead tires. Ultra-lite Presta Valve tubes.
    SEAT / POST / CLAMP Selle Italia SLR, Gel-flow, Team Issue Vanox-rails / Ritchey WCS Aluminum 350x27.2mm / Superlight machined aluminum with titanium bolt
    BAR / STEM / GRIPS Ritchey WCS Aluminum 31.8mm / Ritchey WCS Aluminum 31.8mm clamp / Ritchey WCS foam
    PEDALS N/A
    EXTRAS SRAM XX hydraulic PopLoc Remote
    *Specifications subject to change to comparable specs without notice to meet production demands

http://motobecane.com/29/#geo

AZ
    banned
    Retail price ? Available when ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    beteween march and june

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I don't think Mike has said how much this bike will be, but my guess is a bit south of 3k.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pray4snoww
    I don't think Mike has said how much this bike will be, but my guess is a bit south of 3k.
    Dang, thats cheap for all those XX
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper Expert 29er with Reba SL and x-7
    2009 Specialized Hardrock Sport

Tripolar on most days
    It says $5,595 right next to the sizes.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider
    It says $5,595 right next to the sizes.

Later it will say "compare to bikes priced at: $xxxx"
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    Later it will say "compare to bikes priced at: $xxxx"
    Im pretty sure thats an msrp and bikes direct usually does half whatever that number is or pretty close to it. I could be wrong but i guess well see.

rider
    So how much could I get on eBay for the frame, wheels, tires, bar, stem, seatpost and seat?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Mike any word on whether or not the Fly Team Ti (26) will be getting XX for 2011?

no fat chicks
    make sure to bring that bike straight to my store when you get it
    i am THE number one motobecane assembly center in the country
    no one does it better
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by field3
    Mike any word on whether or not the Fly Team Ti (26) will be getting XX for 2011?

YES
    lots of new stuff for 2011

mtbr member
    Any release date? The bike looks promising!

Rollin 29s
    Quote Originally Posted by Swami Scott
    So how much could I get on eBay for the frame, wheels, tires, bar, stem, seatpost and seat?
    Why would you want to sell the frame? All the other stuff is personal preferance, so whatever but you won't get a better ti bike at $4k. It's unreal light, stiff, awesome ride and immaculate welds.

You are either uninformed or you don't have any interest in Ti 29ers, because you won't find one that can match it until you pay Moots prices.

I have the XTR version of this bike and every time I'm out riding, the agility, weight and ride quality blows me away.
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Sexy! I love simple round tubes.... they're just so hot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65
    Why would you want to sell the frame? All the other stuff is personal preferance, so whatever but you won't get a better ti bike at $4k. It's unreal light, stiff, awesome ride and immaculate welds.

You are either uninformed or you don't have any interest in Ti 29ers, because you won't find one that can match it until you pay Moots prices.

I have the XTR version of this bike and every time I'm out riding, the agility, weight and ride quality blows me away.
    You know better than to feed the trolls isle.
    Cool you are still digging yours. Can't wait to finish mine. I'm building with combo of Sram X.9 and Shimano cassette and SLX crank...I prefer a triple and Shimano cranks.
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    OMG
    so HAWT.

drooling for now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    was this thing ever offered for sale? Do we have a price?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Speed
    Sexy! I love simple round tubes.... they're just so hot.
    What does it have to do with BD/M-B titanium bikes? They do not use simple round tubes..

mtbr member
    FRAME Titanium 3AL/2.5V Butted and Geometric Multishaped 29Specific tubes

still too much coin for my meagre budget...
    It is possible for rice to absorb other odors in storage. Or could be the quality of water in it was prepared. Mahatma Rice

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jvossman
    was this thing ever offered for sale? Do we have a price?
    I believe it's in the next couple of months. And given BD's standard MSRP -> Final pricing model, the guesses in the $3k range are probably right...
    The Race Bike: 2014 Specialized Camber Evo XX1

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Mike - Where is this bike!?! It's mid-May...is it on the boat yet!?!

mtbr member
    Look at this: http://files.me.com/randyharris/4fz71z
    I think it's too expensive, and it's possible to have a lighter bike with much less money (without choosing XX specs). Mine is actualy at 10.06kg (22.179 pds) and i expected it at 9.7kg (21.4pds) for the sumer races (light tires, carbone saddle, xo rd & twister, new bar). Half a kilo less than the expensive fly team XX.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    They have confirmed that it will be $2995 from bikes direct. Whenever it is they get them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    3000 bucks it's a great price... i hope this price is real....

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    According to Mike (bikesdirect), that price is legit...sadly, I've been waiting since March. Hopefully, we can order soon...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Ordered mine today, already have a shipping confirmation! With 15yrs of racing, I'll be sure to give the full review on the bike...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstStateCamber
    Ordered mine today, already have a shipping confirmation! With 15yrs of racing, I'll be sure to give the full review on the bike...
    Can't wait for your review! Actual bike pic's would be great too. I'm seriously considering dumping my carbon Racer X for this bike.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Ordered mine today, already have a shipping confirmation!
    Sorry to burst your bubble but BD likes to send out tracking numbers for packages that don't exist yet. The site says they won't be shipping for another month.

mtbr member
    Nice, but why aren't they using the XX crank?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I too ordered.
    Expect it in a little over 1 month...gives me time to get the XX crankset (don't know why they changed) and stan's wheelset for racing. F-YEAH! Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    Sorry to burst your bubble but BD likes to send out tracking numbers for packages that don't exist yet. The site says they won't be shipping for another month.
    That happens when you create a shipping label and register an email with it.

mtbr member
    anyone notice the 70 deg ht?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I just ordered a Motobecane 29 r XX....can't wait to get it! I'm also the proud owner of 2 Litespeeds. The pricing and specs on the M-cane are almost too good to be real!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Stupid Questions
    What makes this bike better than the XTR version at $1000 less? What makes SRAM XX that great? Do the derailleurs break as easily as XO?

Is the newer model REBA any better than the original? I switched to an F29 and never looked back.

The reason I ask is I'm in the market for a new hardtail and this looks like a good deal.

School me on Vuelta wheels. I'm coming from a custom set of Hope hubs with Flow rims.

All help would be appreciated as are excoriating flames.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Fly Team Ti XTR

Hello All,

I received the XTR version last week. I thought you would be interested in a review. The bike came packed well. I only needed to install the bars, seat & post, and front brake. I ordered the medium 18".

1.) The 23" bars are a joke. I changed them out to 27" low rise. I had to flip the stem. This set the bars approx. 3/4" above the saddle. I normally run it level on my trail bikes and 1/2" below on my race bikes. I'll comment more later.
    2.) The top tube is long, so I changed to a zero offset seat post and a WTB Rocket while I was at it.
    3.) Bike came w/o peddals, so I put on a set of XTs.

Total weight is 24lbs even.

On the trail. The bike moves along really well. The steering is not like some other 29ers I've tried. It feels very much like a Gary Fisher with light steering. The shifting and braking are as expected - no issues. The FSA crank works well, but not as seamless as XT or XTR. The Kenda Small Blocks are awsome! This is my 1st 29er and I find that this may ruin me for my 26" bikes. This bike rails through single track, and is very stable on loose and technical trails. I was worried about climbing steep pitches with the bars set so high, but I had no wheel lifting or any other issues.

Bottom line - I'm very happy with my purchase. I may start looking at a Tall Boy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motobecane Fly Ti29er XX sram-p1010227_smer.jpg  

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crab bait
    Stupid Questions
    What makes this bike better than the XTR version at $1000 less? What makes SRAM XX that great? Do the derailleurs break as easily as XO? yep

Is the newer model REBA any better than the original? I switched to an F29 and never looked back. nope

The reason I ask is I'm in the market for a new hardtail and this looks like a good deal.

School me on Vuelta wheels. I'm coming from a custom set of Hope hubs with Flow rims.
    Hopes and Flows are about eleventy billion times better
    All help would be appreciated as are excoriating flames.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    IMO the difference between XX and XTR versions is mainly less weight and image.

only the cranks should save 1/4lbs. seat, post and brakes should save quite a bit as well.

the wheels are much lighter than your hope/flow set but as a consequence the rims are more narrow and they will be less stiff.

mtbr member
    I had a few more rides on my friends xx equipped ht and I have to say 2x10 is way better than 3x9
    why? Well you almost never have to shift the front der
    this alone reduces the chance of a chain malfunction to near zero
    with my old 3x9 I would always worry if the chain might fall off when shifting to my granny ring
    With the xx stuff you can keep it in the big ring and simply shift to the 36t

Wish I had the funds
    I'll wait for the xo version
    It is possible for rice to absorb other odors in storage. Or could be the quality of water in it was prepared. Mahatma Rice

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    2x9 works as well as 2x10. no need at all for XX to use a double front ring.

besides, whether it is an adavantage mainly depends on where and how you ride. many rider will do less shifting with a 32 middle ring than with a 27 small ring ...

XX is pure marketing aiming to make us spend more money for biking (than we should).

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hellocook

besides, whether it is an adavantage mainly depends on where and how you ride. many rider will do less shifting with a 32 middle ring than with a 27 small ring ...

XX is pure marketing aiming to make us spend more money for biking (than we should).

This ........................................

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oldassracer
    I had a few more rides on my friends xx equipped ht and I have to say 2x10 is way better than 3x9
    why? Well you almost never have to shift the front der
    this alone reduces the chance of a chain malfunction to near zero
    with my old 3x9 I would always worry if the chain might fall off when shifting to my granny ring
    With the xx stuff you can keep it in the big ring and simply shift to the 36t

Wish I had the funds
    I'll wait for the xo version
    You know one of the strong points of XX is the front shifting. I find I shift the front MORE with XX than I did with my shimano gear, as you can drop down from big to small chainring under load w/o issue....very smooth transition.

This looks to be a hot race bike, for sure. I'm still waiting for a premium Fly Ti SS though.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    The final version of the bike doesn't have the XX cranks. If I'm to believe everything I've read half the magic of the front shifting is due to the XX rings. Don't know if the fsa double will shift nearly as well, I've never tried one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hellocook

Will preface and say I love my Ti Fly 29er. A hell of good bike for the $. That said, as mentioned, I really like Sram mtb shifters and derailleur and so built with X.9.
    I prefer Shimano cranks and cassettes. To me the way to go after doing it is build the bike up from a frameset. I don't like a single nor a double on a mountain bike. I like a triple. This debate is waged on many message boards. I am a minimalist by nature and still prefer 3 chain rings up front. As mentioned there is many times less shifting with a triple because there is MORE gear redundancy. Gear redundancy is good and not bad.
    Just like having a 1 X 9 set up, a 32 tooth ring makes a lot of sense as a principle ring and what I prefer on a triple. If you know how to set up a bike, a triple will shift flawlessly. In fact it will many times shift better than a double because of closer chain ring tooth spacing and I have owned a lot of both.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    If you know how to set up a bike, a triple will shift flawlessly. In fact it will many times shift better than a double because of closer chain ring tooth spacing and I have owned a lot of both.
    Have you tried the front shifting of XX ? I've never tried any setup that shifts between front rings as well as it does (Granted, I only did 5 or 6 shifts on a scott scale an acquainance has). Would it change my life to have it ? No. But its pretty impressive how quickly and smoothly the chain moves.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    Have you tried the front shifting of XX ? I've never tried any setup that shifts between front rings as well as it does (Granted, I only did 5 or 6 shifts on a scott scale an acquainance has). Would it change my life to have it ? No. But its pretty impressive how quickly and smoothly the chain moves.
    To me Sram shifting is hard to fault no matter what the chainring config. I really comes down to personal preference as to 1 versus 2 or 3 rings in front. Rings closer together in tooth count generally shift better is all. I have to say I mostly stay on the middle ring however for fast descending I like the big ring and also the big ring many times on pavement. The small ring is there and thank goodness it is if climbing some brutal long stuff. No doubt the Fly XX double is a great set up and shifts beautifully FSA crankset included. I just prefer a triple off road...and if riding in the mountains a triple for a road bike is a nice alternative to a compact double as well and I ride a double on my road bike.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast