mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Motobecane Fly Team ti and Fantom Pro frame weights

Anyone know the respective frame weights of the fly team ti 29er and fantom pro 29er frames? I asked bikes direct, but they said they don't have that information. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I was told by Bikes Direct that the 29er Pro was 3.5 pounds. I think they were being a bit too optimistic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I think the Fantom's all use the same frame, the Pro level just indicates a better parts spec.

I've got a 2010 fantom pro on the way from Bikesdirect to use as a parts bike. Once I get it, and get all the parts off it, I'll put it on my scale. If I can fit the thing onto my little parts scale.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    My Large Fly Team Ti with headset/seatpost clamp/der. hanger installed weighs 1660 grams on my Park scale. That's 3.6lbs. BikesDirect has always been honest and straightforward from my personal experience. My frame's on Ebay at the moment if anyone's interested

mtbr member
    My bike size large 19" (in gramme):

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I got a Fantom 29er 19 inch a few weeks ago and weighed it. It said 4lbs on the bathoom scale. The scale rounds to the nearest .5 My bet is 4.2ish +/-. No way 3.5.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    My small fly ti 29er was 3.2 lbs. with the seat post clamp. I saw a pic of a medium on a scale on ebay and it said 3.3

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    My Large Fly Team Ti with headset/seatpost clamp/der. hanger installed weighs 1660 grams on my Park scale. That's 3.6lbs. BikesDirect has always been honest and straightforward from my personal experience. My frame's on Ebay at the moment if anyone's interested
    Not to be misled...your frame is a 26" frame correct?
    Ti Fly comes in both 26" and 29" versions. Aside from wheelset, the geometry and fit are very different...26" Ti Fly are very short in top tube.

mtbr member
    Looks like 3.4 lbs spot on for a large ti 29er frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7
    I got a Fantom 29er 19 inch a few weeks ago and weighed it. It said 4lbs on the bathoom scale. The scale rounds to the nearest .5 My bet is 4.2ish +/-. No way 3.5.
    Yep, 17" Fantom Pro frame on my scale, 1940 grams, 4.27 pounds