Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Monocog 29er

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline Bicycles
    Here you go.... Here are some pictures from the first production. Let me know what you think and/or if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Craig- Redline
    Cool chain guard!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Duckin' Fonuts.
    Dec 2005
    Great looking bike. This is the kind of bike people should buy as a first MTB. Inexpensive, durable, fun and above all simple. Nice job Redline. .

WWYD?
    This is Good Friday. Any pix would be great. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I like that pinstriping look.

What type of finish is it exactly?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrady11
    I like that pinstriping look.

What type of finish is it exactly?
    It's a Matte finish with a small amount of gloss to give it a slight sheen.... then the graphics are water type decal.... when applied, it's almost impossible to see any trace that would make it look like a decal.... it's definetely pretty cool.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures... tried to take some out side but would have gotten all wet... gotta love Seattle

WWYD?
    Drool....Craig, you're teasing us here and I'm getting itchy just looking at the bike. My question is what the gap size is for the front fork and stays in the back. Wondering what the widest tire size could be. And if anybody like Shiggy or Cloxxi know what tires would fit. I want to run a fatty in the front for the spring mud. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb
    Drool....Craig, you're teasing us here and I'm getting itchy just looking at the bike. My question is what the gap size is for the front fork and stays in the back. Wondering what the widest tire size could be. And if anybody like Shiggy or Cloxxi know what tires would fit. I want to run a fatty in the front for the spring mud. Thanks all.
    The Mc ships with the Exiwolf, the widest tread currently available. A couple of tires are slightly taller. I see plenty of room the the bigger tires yet-to-come.
    mtbtires.com

WWYD?
    'tanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb
    Inside fork leg clearance at the tire is 88mm, no problem for wider. Current rear stay design has 5-6mm clearance from widest point of knob to the inside of chain/seatstays with an Exi 2.3 installed.

WWYD?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Here you go.... Here are some pictures from the first production. Let me know what you think and/or if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Craig- Redline

thanks alot! I do have one more pic request... the seat. Im running short on money for upgrades (new brakes are expensive) and was wondering what it is like... should I set aside some doe for a new one or is it preaty comfy?
    thanks
    sholack

Just confirmed mine should arrive at my LBS on Tuesday!

Thanks, Mike.

mtbtires.com

I like endos

Glad to see a Cane Creek on there

Thanks,
    Craig- Redline
    One less thing that needs upgrading.
    As for the Pyramids, there is nothing to wonder at in them so much as the fact that so many men could be found degraded enough to spend their lives constructing a tomb for some ambitious booby, whom it would have been wiser and manlier to have drowned in the Nile, and then given his body to the dogs. - Henry David Thoreau

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Monocog 29er

The Monocog 853 version of a 26" and 29" will be in around August and manufactured/ shipped from Taiwan, not China.
    umm, just curious, cause I thought I saw a previous post of Cloxxki's surveying gears, 1x9, ect, due for 2007? Hey Craig@Redline, can you tell us a little more details/plans for this upcoming august Taiwanese 853???

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Bonking ... not feelin' well

ShinKen,
    I'd try The Path in Tustin..... I'm not sure if they have any coming, but I know they're a strong a dealer of ours....

From what I've been told we are completely sold out of the first batch which will hit here in Seattle tomorrow morning. Another wave will hit about 10 days later with those all spoken for. Hopefully we'll have few extras when the next batch hits at the end of May.

Good luck!
    Craig - Redline

hey budd Igot a big question!! how much is the 29er supposed to be? b/c I asked this one shop and they was like that bike is 600 something? is this for real? i tough it was only 470.oo bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinKen
    hey budd Igot a big question!! how much is the 29er supposed to be? b/c I asked this one shop and they was like that bike is 600 something? is this for real? i tough it was only 470.oo bucks?
    The MSRP range is about $470-550

The Mcog Flite 26" is around $600
    mtbtires.com

Recovering couch patato
    Sure they didn't look up the Monocog Flight or some other model?

That, or the shop wants one for himself for free.

Recovering couch patato
    Grrr, I hate it when shiggy beats me to it, and does better too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The MSRP range is about $470-550

The Mcog Flite 26" is around $600
    Can the redline DUDE confirm on thizz b/c I've put a deposit on this one shop but I think they order the wrong bike!! b/c I just want the reg Monocog 29er not the Flite!

Recovering couch patato
    I suggest you talk to the shop that took your money. If you thought it was less expensive, why place an order with a quote you don't trust? Don't forget to mention 29 29 29 29. Shops can miss that part easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinKen
    Can the redline DUDE confirm on thizz b/c I've put a deposit on this one shop but I think they order the wrong bike!! b/c I just want the reg Monocog 29er not the Flite!
    I have seen the Redline dealer flyer and here is Redline's post from January:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...og#post1515752
    Redline here... As for MSRP? $469.99 and that's straight from the horses mouth... Shops can charge what they want but we will advertise a $469.99 MSRP.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Ordered a monocog 29er yesterday at my LBS. MSRP $469.00 if anyone is curious. Hopefully it will be here soon. I should find out Monday when the bike will arrive and will keep everyone posted.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by captaind
    umm, just curious, cause I thought I saw a previous post of Cloxxki's surveying gears, 1x9, ect, due for 2007? Hey Craig@Redline, can you tell us a little more details/plans for this upcoming august Taiwanese 853???
    Captaind,
    I'm keeping the Monocog 853 somewhat tight lip'd until I have the samples in my hand later this month. I can say it's going to use a mix of chromoly's including a Reynolds 853 front triangle. As we get a little closer I'll release more information. From what I have seen so far, it's looking pretty sweet......Stay tuned.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Craig- Redline

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Monocog 29er

Captaind,
    I'm keeping the Monocog 853 somewhat tight lip'd until I have the samples in my hand later this month. I can say it's going to use a mix of chromoly's including a Reynolds 853 front triangle. As we get a little closer I'll release more information. From what I have seen so far, it's looking pretty sweet......Stay tuned.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Craig- Redline

Cool, Craig - Thanks for the reply!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tnarchitect
    Ordered a monocog 29er yesterday at my LBS. MSRP $469.00 if anyone is curious. Hopefully it will be here soon. I should find out Monday when the bike will arrive and will keep everyone posted.

what store did u get it from? if I may ask.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast