Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Monocog 29er

mtbr member
    Heck yeah! My LBS just called and said they could bet me the 17" MC 29er out of this second batch coming in May.

I'm going to put down $100 bucks today and then start praying to the bicycle manufacturing gods that I actually end up with one.

I am so pumped up!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Are your top tubes measured effectively or actually? Sounds like you want the 17" Redline, it will be fine. If will handle wour weight no-problem, it's got lots of steel in it.
    The fork is suspension-corrected. For semi-plush you may also just consider different handlebars. At least Ti H-Bars did that for me on my Surly.

effectively!!

hmmm so (suspension-corrected) does that mean I cannot put a new fork if i want some spring motion on da front?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Anybody know standover for a 21"?

Redline doesn't have specs on their site yet for the Monocog 29er, I ordered one anyway. I hope I have sufficent clearance...

mtbr member
    Actually it is online:

http://www.redlinebicycles.com/adult...ometry-all.htm

You need to look at the top right of the page, may have to scroll over.

21" Monocog = 33.1" Standover. (840mm)

mtbr member
    Just ordered mine and should have it next week. Yippeeeee!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

... and if we just ...

ohh man!! u guys suck!!!

I would order mine but not sure what size to get!! does anyone know the Stand oVers and top tube dimensions on the 17 or 19 inchers?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrady11
    Actually it is online:

http://www.redlinebicycles.com/adult...ometry-all.htm

You need to look at the top right of the page, may have to scroll over.

21" Monocog = 33.1" Standover. (840mm)
    That's not the 29er.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Sizing

Quote Originally Posted by eric1971
    That's not the 29er.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Are the 26" in aluminum and steel the same size? My shop had not even heard of them yet, and they weren't listed in his '06 book. No contact info on the Redline site or Seattle Bike Supply, so I can't email/call them. Maybe I'll try the dealer again. I was hoping the Redline poster would reply.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    At my LBS, we decided that the area labeled Monocog on the Redline site referred to the Monocog 29er. Notice the standover heights are higher on the Monocog versus the Monocog Flight. I placed my order accordingly. Now I'm just hoping I get in on the first round of bikes!

mtbr member
    That's not the 29er.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it is the 29er dimensions. The 26" monocogs (Steel and AL) have the same dimensions - the left chart marked Flight Monocog. The right chart is definitely a different bike. Longer TT, longer wheelbase, higher BB, etc...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Monocog Sizing

Sorry for the confusion on our website this morning. I saw all the posts and have our Art/IT guys on it. Hopefully fixed in the next 15 minutes or so....

The chart that shows "Monocog Flight" should say Monocog Flight/ Monocog" and the chart that just shows "Monocog" should say "Monocog 29er" (the upper right area). Looks like a few of you have figured this out. Let me know if you have any more questions....
    Thanks,
    Craig - Redline

banned
    Apr 2006
    Ordered mine yesterday. I was told one month.

I was pretty stoked on my buddies mono26 when he got it. Now I am super jazzed on the mono29. When I get it, I plan on being stupified... hehe.. well sort of.

Way to go Redline! My LBS appreciated your referral greatly.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by dugmn
    Redline doesn't have specs on their site yet for the Monocog 29er, I ordered one anyway. I hope I have sufficent clearance...
    The full specs and geometry have been up on the Redline site for several months.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Monocog Sizing

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Bicycles
    Sorry for the confusion on our website this morning. I saw all the posts and have our Art/IT guys on it. Hopefully fixed in the next 15 minutes or so....

The chart that shows "Monocog Flight" should say Monocog Flight/ Monocog" and the chart that just shows "Monocog" should say "Monocog 29er" (the upper right area). Looks like a few of you have figured this out. Let me know if you have any more questions....
    Thanks,
    Craig - Redline
    Outstanding, thanks!
    Now that I look at those numbers I'm wondering if the 21" is too big. I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and I always seem to be borderline L or XL with bike fit. So with the XL I've got an inch of clearance, so I suppose I'll go with that size. The local shops I've asked said this will be special order for them, so no chance to size before I ride.

That's not the 29er.
    Yes, it is. The specs for every adult bike Redline makes is on that page and the quote standover is for the 29er.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Yes, it is. The specs for every adult bike Redline makes is on that page and the quote standover is for the 29er.
    Didn't mean to add to the confusion; it was clearly not labeled correctly. Now that the website is fixed I can see you are correct.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

... and if we just ... poooyaaaaaaaahh!!!

I'm sooo freaking rdy to order mine!! anyone in Southern California know of the best shop to but it from?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Shinken,
    What city are you in???? I might be able to point you in the right direction....
    Craig - Redline

mtbr member

Trigger Pulled

Just got back from dropping off the deposit. Now to wait for it. I'm already looking at tires and handlebars and all sorts of stuff.

Anybody got gearing suggestions? Specs show it stock as a 32x20 but I'm thinking a smaller cog in the back would help me alot. I'm out here in Illinois, I ride in Wi and IN also most climbs are short and steep so I don't think I'll need the 20..

Cool, now was have your name and phone number! Good thing you did not use a credit card.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    You guys can call me once I get it and I'll give you a report of where I am at on the bike that day

"quick call sean and see what he thinks of those new tires"

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Bicycles
    Shinken,
    What city are you in???? I might be able to point you in the right direction....
    Craig - Redline

I'm on Ananeim

mtbr member
    Anybody got gearing suggestions? Specs show it stock as a 32x20 but I'm thinking a smaller cog in the back would help me alot. I'm out here in Illinois, I ride in Wi and IN also most climbs are short and steep so I don't think I'll need the 20..
    I ride in Mich and ordered an 18t freewheel and some ignitors. Should be riding in a couple of weeks (hopefully).

Master of the Obvious

Just got back from dropping off the deposit. Now to wait for it. I'm already looking at tires and handlebars and all sorts of stuff.

I used to ride in Chicagoland until I moved away last year, I had a Karate Monkey, My daily gear was 34-18, which works great at Knoch Knolls and Palos, if I was planning a long weekend in Wis Or MI I would put on 34-20, and if I was riding on the PP or LSD I would put on a 16 for some speed.

Tell Brian I said hey!
    Check out my Blog!
    Yes ! I am posting on my Blog again! come visit!

Quote Originally Posted by craig
    I ride in Mich and ordered an 18t freewheel and some ignitors. Should be riding in a couple of weeks (hopefully).
    Freewheel or cog? The Monocog wheels have a cassette hub.
    mtbtires.com

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast