Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mo' Vertigo Cycles

9K views 78 replies 30 participants last post by  ia_ss157 
#1 ·

Project Maul, nearing completion.

See less See more
#3 ·
I guess he wasn't lying when he said he wouldn't do another frame with an offset seat tube, hence the bendy action. I didn't have the means to wave a bunch of money at him, so I just ordered the mass produced, slightly heavier version (yelli screamy).

Saw niner carbon fork, seat tube won't allow for such short stays, sliders with a hanger... This going to be more of a racy type bike than the last one ?

#9 ·
Wow!

That is awesome!:thumbsup:

Having tried a short stayed 29er, I cannot go back the the vanilla 17.5" CS frames. No matter what the critics say about a frame being "more" than CS length.

Can't wait to see this built up.

LUCKY YOU:D.

#18 · (Edited)
ha! yeah, given the recent monsoon it feels like it! we've had some pretty good days, just not many!...i did get the opportunity a few months back to ride a route that is usually a massive bog trot for quite a way in the cairngorm...it was outstanding. a pic or two of that route is up on the jones website...scotland is a hard mistress...she can be so incredible, but is often hid under a pretty cold, harsh and dark exterior!.....

#21 ·
70.25 on this one...giving a trail of ~84mm....i like a fair bit of trail..steer from the hips kinda bike.

Hubcap! nice! buddy of mine, matt ferrar,i has a hubcap - its sweet!
Thanks. I'm going with 70.5 on the HTA. The trail comes out at about 82 mm. Yeah I know Matt F. The bike I'm having built will be similar to Matts with a couple of exceptions, tapered HT and gears.

Any plans to come riding in State College?

#22 ·
i've ridden there a few times...starting with SSWC 05...AMAZING trail system...i *love* the riding there...been back to the area a few times, W101, SM 100 and what not and each time i make sure and get some of Bill's cheese shoppe coffee, and head out to the trails...if i could, id visit a lot more often... :)~

#26 ·
i do really like the talas/terralogic and i believe i could run it 99% of the time in the 90mm travel mode, which would work well....i *have* a reba (rlt or something?) that would be easy enough to use as well...the front wheel will use a DT 240 oversize hub that with different end caps can be qr, 9mm, 15mm or 20mm so i can go either route....the terralogic works well for racing...you can have a wee bit of resistance to movement and bob, and yet a plush feeling fork when you need it...hmmm! better think fast.

:)~

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.