Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Misfit riders unite!

Peter has redone the store on his website and it now allows for reviews. I feel we should show our support with reviews of the DiSsent frame reviews or other Misfit products.

I feel Peter should offer a team jersey to the first review or best, although I'm strongly leaning towards the first even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact mine was the first.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    hmmm i have been debating on ordering one of the kits he offers ... just not sure about the duty tax or whatever it is for shipping into the US ... or how the bike compares to say a Kona Unit or a Redline Monocog 29er flight

hmmm just had a look at the site and they don't have the kits on there any longer ...

Harmonius Wrench

Gettin' to it

I am sure something of my write up will eventually show up on Misfit's site, but I am still in process with the build here. In fact, I should shut this idiot box off and...............

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by -Devil-
    hmmm just had a look at the site and they don't have the kits on there any longer ...
    the kits change a bit every year...the newest mixture hasn't been confirmed but if you want one it can be arranged.

juanmore...maybe.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    the kits change a bit every year...the newest mixture hasn't been confirmed but if you want one it can be arranged.

juanmore...maybe.

ahhh okay gotcha ...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    well i broke down ...

Your Order Contains the Following Items:

* 1 x Misfit Psycles Singlespeed COD Cog
    (Cog Size: 18)
    * 1 x diSSent Singlespeed 29er Frame
    (Color: Black, Size: Small 15")
    * 1 x FUgly Riser Stem
    (Length: 100, Finish: Black)
    * 1 x FU2 Bar Handlebar
    (Finish: Black)

is on the way to me ... now to see how it compares to my other 29er once it is built up ... i am sure i won't be disappointed

Harmonius Wrench

Got mine built up. Will get to riding it a bit this weekend as our temps are forcast to be in the 40's Saturday. The temperature when I took this photo? A balmy 6 degrees with 20 degree below zero windchill.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Sweet build Ted! I await your ride report.

At -Devil- Lets see that bike when you get it built!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Just finished my build...

I've got about 8 miles on it around the neighborhood hard pack snow. I love the feel/fit of this bike. Can't wait to hit the trails when the two feet of snow melts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretth
    I've got about 8 miles on it around the neighborhood hard pack snow. I love the feel/fit of this bike. Can't wait to hit the trails when the two feet of snow melts.
    Sweet! Please let us know how well the Mountain Kings work. Did you know the weight of the tires?

I guess I should add a picture too!

Last edited by Juanmoretime; 02-06-2009 at 07:46 AM.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmoretime
    Sweet! Please let us know how well the Mountain Kings work. Did you know the weight of the tires?
    Mine weighed 760 grams.
    http://twentynineinches.com/2008/03/...ut-of-the-box/

I think it's safe to say I liked the Mountain Kings a lot:

http://twentynineinches.com/2008/12/...-king-24-tire/

WNC Native
    I really like the looks of these bikes. I've always been a sucker for flat black.

Might be trying to get my 5'2" mom on one of these soon too.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Awesome looking bikes, all of these are pretty sweet. I may be able to hit a trail this weekend to give you an update on the tires. They were great on the hard pack for sure. I expect them to even be better on dirt!

BH

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I hope to pick up my diSSent frame from the shop tomorrow, can't wait to start building it up as I have a big box of parts ready to go.

mtbr member
    I can't help but feel somewhat responsible for bringing GT and no gears together or maybe it's just coincidental conspiracy. But I have found my true soulmate in the diSSent and wanted all to know so I pledged my love to anyone who would listen. Now I sit and wait to hear the sentiments of others who are of much knowledge than myself. Man do I need to get a life.....Thank you Peter for doing what you do best (listening to endless babble).

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Tried to Ride but no can do!

Tried to ride today, but just wasn't going to happen. Way to messy from the 50 degree temps. Messy is an understatement, actually unridable is more like it. So still not much to say about the tires...I'm sure I'm going to be happy with them though. The bike is still a solid A++.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    about the only thing besides tires that i haven't decided on ... is front fork not sure if i want rigid .. or to pick up a reba and put on there ... most everywhere i ride is real rooty

mtbr member
    I put an ops origin 8 carbon fork on and could'nt be happier

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have an "on one" carbon fork. 1.89lb with no rider weight limit. Should last a long time for ya.

BH

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i am just apprehensive about a carbon fork and 240lbs of my fat ass ... i know it is supposed to be stronger then most of the other rigid forks ... but still ...

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by -Devil-
    i am just apprehensive about a carbon fork and 240lbs of my fat ass ... i know it is supposed to be stronger then most of the other rigid forks ... but still ...
    I weigh the same as you and as long as you are reasonable about the intended use, (XC-light trail) you won't have any issues. I've had mine going on two years now.

Frt Range, CO
    Here's Alfine equiped version in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The last pix is of a 25% grade, I had to walk it up, hit 30mph going down, ya mon:

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Cool Cool....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    got my frame n stuff in today ... i r jealous tho ... i don't have the fancy lil badge on the back of the seat tube ... ;P

haha, either way tho .. going to start building it up as the other parts arrive ...

geeze this frame is light ... feels even lighter then my other frame .. goin to havta double check the weight of it...

Harmonius Wrench

Rides lighter than it is. I like the feel. It's going to be really fun once I get out on some real single track, that much I can tell already just from bombing around on it. This is a pretty sweet rig so far.

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast