Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1547
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I communicated with Peter before pulling the trigger on the X frame. He confirmed that the 3" tire will fit. I have a set of Knards 29x3 mounted on a set of 44 mm Snowcat rims waiting to be mated to a new frame.

Hoping it will arrive soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventure Dan View Post
    I communicated with Peter before pulling the trigger on the X frame. He confirmed that the 3" tire will fit. I have a set of Knards 29x3 mounted on a set of 44 mm Snowcat rims waiting to be mated to a new frame.

Hoping it will arrive soon.
    Hot dog! Glad I bought the wheels and glad the hubs convert to 15/142.

I'm hoping the X is incoming soon too, though having not heard back from Peter regarding the component options that were alluded to makes me think we still have some time before we see the frames...

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Crank upgrade question

I am going thru upgrades to diSSent, on a bit of a budget. I am considering upgrading the Truvativ Firex cranks that came on the bike with a used pair of XT M751's, 175mm. Is this enough of an upgrade over the Truvativ's or are the M751s too old?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Otherwise, I'll either use the frame as a decoration or send it to the dump because the frustration just isn't worth it.
    Let me know if you want to sell it... I would prefer a frame that I could use a tapered fork and 142x12 rear axle but I haven't found anything I really like.

mtbr member

Misfit riders unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeat007 View Post
    I've been thinking about suspension lately. 100 or 120mm?
    My Reba SL 100mm has been able to handle whatever I throw at it. Putting a 120mm fork on the bike is gonna throw off the geo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Misfit diSSent 1x10
    Jet 9

mtbr member
    Probably poor form, but since this seems to be the place where folks go for all things Misfit...

...in preparation for the incoming X (anyone hear anything recently about an updated ETA?) frame, my DiSSent AL frame is up for grabs. Medium, raw, includes CK headset (no baseplate) and Salsa Lip Lock collar. PM me if interested

Misfit riders unite!-photo-1.jpg

Misfit riders unite!-photo-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Mine has been disassembled and passed on to new convert since April. I have been stuck riding geared for three months now.

REALLY anxiously waiting to get on my Dissent X.

Peter help

mtbr member

Misfit riders unite!

...yes - any updates on ETA? June has come and gone without any word from Peter.

I was under the impression that after ordering, there would be some contact to discuss the matched parts (headset, collar, BB I assume from the pictures), then the frame would follow?

Where do we stand? Been a while since we got any info.

Slightly askew
    So does anyone out there have a mk4 der hanger they want to part with? If so please mssg me. Thanks.
    Zero charisma

Cheesiest
    Quote Originally Posted by strangerthanmilhouse View Post
    So does anyone out there have a mk4 der hanger they want to part with? If so please mssg me. Thanks.
    I know someone who can make you one.
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Isnt she lovely? Here is an updated photo of my Dissent. So far I added an XT crank, Answer DH bars, grips and a Phenom saddle. Pretty kick ass bike, desperately needs brakes, wheels and a fork. Once I get a fork I can add a spacer and get my front end up an inch or so. Little by little but I am thoroughly enjoying the SS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Misfit riders unite!-misfit-dissent.jpg  

there's no bread
    Anyone else unable to access Misfit's website?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Been away from MTBR 29er forum for some time and just saw that much activity/excitement on the new diSSent frames. Didn't even know there's a new one. Still loving and enjoying my steed for XC trails here in FL. Took it last year to NC for huff 'n puff climbs in the Mt. Airy area. Since built, I had replaced the stripped slider bolts, replaced the crushed upper bearing on my FSA Pig Pro DH headset, and now waiting on Thomson to send a warranty clamp on my cracked faceplate!

I saw someone selling a used medium frame. I may build one for my 13 y/o. He's growing up too fast!

Cheers all,
    Hans
    Misfit riders unite!-ss-wily.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by byrot View Post
    Anyone else unable to access Misfit's website?
    Didn't work for me either. Last post on the Fb page was June 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Also anxiously awaiting my new Dissent X. Luckily I haven't yet torn down my current Dissent. I've sent a couple emails and left a VM with no response. Peter is assumably on a drunken sabbatical while the supplier is perfecting 150 stellar frames. Btw the website works fine for me but the blog seems to be down.

mtbr member
    Maybe Peter is out Jeepin' with Dan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

there's no bread
    Last edited by byrot; 08-13-2014 at 02:34 PM.

there's no bread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Maybe Peter is out Jeepin' with Dan.
    shut your mouth!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I don't know about the rest of the folks that have ordered something from Peter, but I am getting close to going to knock on his door. I unfortunately stripped my Dissent to sell it to cover some of the costs of the new frame. Now most of the summer is gone and still no ride. I have emailed and called but no response. At least a post as to the status of the Dissent X would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    I haven't heard anything either, after some email requests for product. The April 25th comment on FB struck me as odd. 2 pre-pay deadlines after announcing the Dissent X, he still had not confirmed a builder? Dan, maybe you could call Ture North, see if they'll talk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventure Dan View Post
    I don't know about the rest of the folks that have ordered something from Peter, but I am getting close to going to knock on his door. I unfortunately stripped my Dissent to sell it to cover some of the costs of the new frame. Now most of the summer is gone and still no ride. I have emailed and called but no response. At least a post as to the status of the Dissent X would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by BudMelman View Post
    I haven't heard anything either, after some email requests for product. The April 25th comment on FB struck me as odd. 2 pre-pay deadlines after announcing the Dissent X, he still had not confirmed a builder? Dan, maybe you could call Ture North, see if they'll talk.
    I've emailed Peter, posted on the FB page, posted here and even e-mailed the folks at Linkin' Bikin' to see if anyone could provide an update. No response from Peter and Likin' Bikin' hasn't heard from him either.

I'm not worried about NOT getting the bike, but I think an update would be fair.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Ordered a set of dropouts 7/15. dropped an email / voice message with no responce either.

mtbr member

Misfit riders unite!

This is getting a bit peculiar. Wondering if maybe I should be more worried.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpus View Post
    This is getting a bit peculiar. Wondering if maybe I should be more worried.
    I know I would be!
    I turn a wrench @ Simplicity Cycles
    http://www.simplicity-cycles.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hi there, new posting member to MTB, but have been reading for years. I have a Small MKIV diSSent frame I am looking to sell. I need to upgrade to a medium frame. 5'5" so I am right in between most frame sizes. I also have a der. hanger with it.

Currently set up as SS. PM me if interested and I can provide pictures! Bike is in NH.

Thanks.

Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast