Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1620
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hi All,
    Has anyone had success installing a tapered fork on a Dissent AL, if so, what Headset are you using?

*Before you all reply that it is not possible - I am not a beginner - a number of companies have started offering headsets that allow the use of tapered forks (1.5 bottoms) on 1/18 Headtubes, but they require a 44mm inner diamerter. Our Misfits have 40mm inner diameter steer tubes.

Would it be safe if had a lower cup of one of these headsets machined down to 40mm?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Any AL derailleur hangers out there? Sure would like to find one if you have one for sale.
    Thanks,
    C

puts the FU in fun
    Resurrecting this because it might be the best source of info. I stripped out one of the bolts on the disk-side dropout of my MK4 frame. Misfit is out of course (not that I'd be too keen ordering from them anyway). Does anyone happen to know of any others that would be compatible? Maybe a Paragon model? I figure if could re-tap the hole and use a slightly larger bolt if necessary if I have to.
    Everything in moderation. Including moderation.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Is Misfit Psycles out of business or do they just give lousy customer service?

I'll try and stick to just the facts and let you be the judge here.
    I ordered 2 FME handlebars from Misfit Psycles on Mar 31, 2016, paid for with Paypal and the charge went through on my bank account. I got a confirmation of order, but I never received a shipping notification. A month later I still had no bars. After 2 emails I finally received an answer. They had shipped them to the wrong Vancouver. I am in Vancouver WA. Peter said he immediately shipped out 2 more bars. A month later I still had no bars. More emails, but no responses. I tried calling them twice, had to leave a message, but received no returned calls.

It's now the end of July, they have $134 of my money and I have nothing. I would think that at least they would have the courtesy to get back to me and say "we f'd up" or tell me they got delivered to the wrong address, or we haven't got them from the builder, or something. If it went to the wrong address then they can make an insurance claim. But they won't do shit. I guess they think I'll just fade away. What a douche bag way of making money.

I've been very very patient and even gave them one last chance with an email about a week ago and never got a response. And now we are here.

Now I see why Peter's (the owner) Gmail pic is a hand flipping the bird. Apparently they don't give a rat's ass about their customers. Their website "psyclestore.com" is up and running, but their other site "misfitpsycles.com" in not up any more. They were taking deposits on a new frame they were releasing on that site. I definitely would not be giving them money for something that wasn't even available yet. I can't even get product that was shown in their store.

If they're out of business then I guess I'm screwed and that explains why they're not returning emails and phone calls (how about taking the phone line down though).
    If they ARE still in business and they can't take care of customer's business as in this case then I'd have to say "you guys are a bunch of wimps that can't own up to the fact that you screwed up".

If you are considering buying any of Misfit Psycle's products make sure that you are willing to throw you money in the trash, because there's a good possibility that's what you will be doing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Don't buy from him. I'm still waiting for my limited edition frame from 3 years ago. I made a complaint against him with our better business bureau but he ignored them and the only recourse left is bringing him to small claims court. He has taken money from quite a few people.

mtbr member
    Sad because Peter was really awesome at one point in time. And so are his bikes. Something happened and he turned into a real P.O.S.
    Cannondale F29 carbon
    Jamis Renegade Elite
    Kona Big Unit SS/full rigid
    Kona Private Jake SSCX (build in progress)

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    I wish I had seen this thread sooner. I'd still have my $134 and the 2 bikes I'm building and rebuilding would be complete now, only with different bars. I had my heart set on those FME bars. There isn't anything else out there quite like them. There are some that are similar but not with the same rise. Oh well, I'll have to adapt.
    If I had to speculate, I'd say he's developed a drug addiction. I'm in recovery myself and I've been around enough addicts to know the signs. To go from a well respected person in the MTB community to a total scumbag almost overnight is a clear sign of that. It's very sad. If he doesn't have the handlebars to ship out, you think he would at least man up and return my money. But if addiction is involved he's already spent the money.

mtbr member
    I had the same thought but didn't want to speculate. I know from other posts on Facebook that he does sporadically sell and actually ship things...even frames. But I think that's far and few between and definitely best to not chance it. I don't think he's actually making anything at this point...just parts left over from when he was in business. It's been a number of years since I ordered my frame from him and I loved it. Sold it off last year. Too bad he's in Canada...it would be pretty hard I'd imagine to get legal action against him which might be what needs to happen. Perhaps if enough people started filing complaints with someone...either a LE agency where he lives or something federal...especially folks that are out hundreds pre-ordering the new frame...something might happen. No doubt every penny sent to him is gone and he may never pay it back...but he definitely needs to be held accountable.
    Cannondale F29 carbon
    Jamis Renegade Elite

Frt Range, CO
    Fricking chode tried to nick me but I smelled the ratfink and got PayPal to refund my $68.00. Took over 6 weeks, WTF is he allowed to use PayPal for over 2 years after his crime spree started? Must be nice to hid over the border!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Derailleur hanger

Hello all,

I'm looking to convert my DiSSent to a 1x for bad weather commuting. The Misfit site is not up and it looks like the hangers haven't been available for some time anyway.

So, does anyone have a hanger they would be willing to part with? If not, are there any other suggestions? I have read somewhere in this thread that some other hangers could possibly be modified to fit, and perhaps other cases where people had custom hangers made - I would be interested in any of those options.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Refund finally received

Well, believe it or not, I woke up this morning to find a Paypal refund for the handlebars I ordered. I hope that other people that are out money to Misfit Psycles get the same treatment. Kudos to Peter for making things right. I really had hoped I would have gotten the handlebars but at least I'm not out $134 now. I hope that possibly Misfit Psycles is on the mend. From what I have read they made some pretty good products. Good luck Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter View Post
    Fricking chode tried to nick me but I smelled the ratfink and got PayPal to refund my $68.00. Took over 6 weeks, WTF is he allowed to use PayPal for over 2 years after his crime spree started? Must be nice to hid over the border!

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocketman56 View Post
    ...Kudos to Peter for making things right....
    Don't kid yourself, he didn't make it right, PayPal is on to him. I let them know he's been scamming more than me, I'm sure your complaint helped greatly. They finally shut him down, check it out:
    http://www.psyclestore.com/

mtbr member
    WOW!! I loved my Misfit when I had it. Sold it off last year and no idea this was happening. Sorry to hear guys, I know that doesn't help but hopefully you guys get your money back.

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    "I cycle so I don't choke People"
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB
    http://www.teamrwb.org

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I had same issue. Bought some single speed cogs and a conversion kit. Heard nothing other from Misfit cycles sent multiple emails no response so filed complaint to paypal and eventual got my refund. I am also in the same boat looking for a hanger so far no luck, even sent a email to likin bikin who was selling the Dissent few years back but also recieved no response from them either.

mtbr member
    I have a hanger for sale.
    Cannondale F29 carbon
    Jamis Renegade Elite

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    PMed you about hanger

Gimme free stuff
    FYI, you can use the redline hanger from a monocog if you mill/file the boss down and chase the threads. I did mine yesterday and got her all set up 1x10! (This is only a temporary measure while my pugsley is in the shop! This bike belongs as a SS) Pics tonight. There are two issues with doing this though. The dropouts are at different angles, which makes it difficult to get the wheel in and out. Second, the bolts on the redline hanger are much closer together than the misfit slider, which basically gives you no adjustment. To get the wheel right, my brake dropout is slammed back and my drive side is 'slammed' forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    P.S. The true SSer's motto: "Do it anyway."
    Kona Process 134DL
    Misfit DiSSent 29er
    Pugs

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Just let you guys know I had a good experience with Misfit after getting no response few months ago that go paypal refunded. I took the risk again after seeing some posts that made it look like they were active again and order dropouts. I emailed to confirm and received a quick reply and also answered several emails even the stupid ones. Received my dropouts and now happy customer. Looks like there just wanting to get rid of everything.

Also if anyone is selling a Large Dissent let me know. Looking to build another up.

mtbr member
    Sounds good - maybe he'll move enough product to send me the$650 he stole from me.

Gimme free stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by anc67 View Post
    Also if anyone is selling a Large Dissent let me know. Looking to build another up.
    I am waffling on it. Send me a PM and we can discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    P.S. The true SSer's motto: "Do it anyway."
    Kona Process 134DL
    Misfit DiSSent 29er
    Pugs

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233