Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008

My Dissent

Alright here is mine, it's better then reviews I read about it! I just don't want to many folks here in FLorida to get them and start beating my ass. I rather keep on passing 26ers LOL singlespeedcult.com Hell Yeah! Mine is so Murdered out damn it, no bling aside from the gold chain that had to be. I just ordered some easton XC ones wheelset for this bike and should put the bike at about 21 to 22 pounds. Love this ride!

Last edited by Badpichu; 02-26-2009 at 07:11 AM.

human dehumidifier
    no misfit, but a fu bar ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8xscape
    Yeah, I think the 110 that I have laying around will be too short, so off to buy a new one. Now I will have 3 Thomson stems to sell, or mabye just an excuse to build a couple more bikes. I like the looks of the Misfit offering, but wish they had a flat version.
    typically speaking you are looking for 20mm more.
    if the 90mm is a little on the short side for the frame (ie even with a flat or riser) then you may need a 120, otherwise, 110.

if you want to swap the FU for the NU (flat) send me an email. peter@misfitpsycles.com

hey bad pichu, you know bad pickachu?
    pickachu.jpg
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I have a question for some of you guys, I am not that much of a weight freak but whats the weight some of you have on the dissent? The only thing I think is really heavy on mine is the saint cranks but they are so smooth they stay. The bike feels like its 24 or so pounds I was wondering what some of you have gotten them down to?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Down Hill Snow Ball Race

Update on the Mountain Kings...very tight! I did my first ever down hill snow race today and they stuck like glue. I not only won the event but I beat the time of the guy who won the studded division. Now that's cool, no disrespect to the studded division, just exited to get a race under my belt with my new build...cant say enough about these tires and my Misfit!

To answer Badpichu question, my bike weighs 23.5lbs. I'm going tubeless soon, so that should drop more weight off of it. I ride a large frame. In this picture, I have regular pedals on it for this type of race which is not what I usually use. I'm hoping that once I go tubeless the weight will be around 22-23lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bretth; 03-01-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: pics

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpichu
    I have a question for some of you guys, I am not that much of a weight freak but whats the weight some of you have on the dissent? The only thing I think is really heavy on mine is the saint cranks but they are so smooth they stay. The bike feels like its 24 or so pounds I was wondering what some of you have gotten them down to?
    Just under 24 lbs with a Reba. I doubt I will shed much more since it doesn't really matter. Its a size Large.
    Last edited by Juanmoretime; 03-02-2009 at 02:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Yea i know it does not matter I was just curious. Thanks for the input though my bike seems heavier then some of yours I ordered some easton xc one wheels that are super light and very strong I hope so they claim so it will lighten and stengthen the mavic wheels I have on there the front hub is already dying after a month of use. Which really sucks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I just built up my medium Raw and it weighs in at around 21 pounds. That using Misfit's fork, Stylo cranks, Eggbeaters, WTB hubs, Arch rims, Avid mech brakes and Maxxis Ardent tires. I can't wait to take it out.
    RIDE ON,
    Scotto

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I just built up a Large Raw, spent 3 hours wet sanding and polishing it and it looks schweet. My build is.....Tubeless with Kenda Karmas, Bontrager fork, ENO cranks, FU bars, Thomson stem - post, Devo saddle, DT Swiss 240's, Stan's hoops, comes in at 22lbs on the nose. I could get it in the 21lb range with a lighter Bottom bracket.

Live Life, Ride a Bike!
    I am looking to buy my first 29er S/S and after reading about all the offerings this one caught my eye the most. It has gotten killer reviews everywhere I have looked. I hope they will send to an APO AE address, as I am US ARMY stationed in Germany/Iraq(for 4 more months). I have a few questions on build though. I see these uniquely different bars, is there a purpose for them or just style? Can you run just a standard Monkey Lite low rise? Is it better with a rigid or suspended fork? I looking mainly for a commuter/trail bike. And I see on the site you can alter the kit, what other options are available? drive train etc... If you guys could PM me any info on this that would be awesome! I hope to be in the Misfit club soon!

Thank You,

Theran
    US ARMY
    UNITEDWERIDE

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I run monkey lite sl carbon on mine, i have read that the FU bars are great also. I run my rigid I used freeride lots and after maintaing equipment I welcomed the rigid ss setup with open arms. THe bike is great you will not regret it. Hope to see you back in the homeland stay safe!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

gr8xscape Sell your thomson 110?

Quote Originally Posted by gr8xscape
    Yeah, I think the 110 that I have laying around will be too short, so off to buy a new one. Now I will have 3 Thomson stems to sell, or mabye just an excuse to build a couple more bikes. I like the looks of the Misfit offering, but wish they had a flat version.
    gr8xscape, would you like to sell your Thomson 110 stem? I'm using a 100 now and want to try a 110mm. Let me know if you do.

Brett

Live Life, Ride a Bike!

... and if we just ...

I just want to say that Peter is the man!! Thats what Customer Service should be everywhere!! Reading all the reviews, the posts, Juan helping, and Peter being the MAN!!! I am going to pull the trigger on a RAW diSSEnt!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Congratulation! Post pictures the smiling part will come naturally.

Live Life, Ride a Bike!
    Well it will be awhile! I have to get out of this beautiful country of IRAQ 1st!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTNCREW
    I just want to say that Peter is the man!! Thats what Customer Service should be everywhere!! Reading all the reviews, the posts, Juan helping, and Peter being the MAN!!! I am going to pull the trigger on a RAW diSSEnt!!
    Although this might go to his head ....I agree Peter is the man when it comes to customer service. He is always there to answer any stupid question you might have. Plus there isn't to many guys that will swap out a part for another one if your not happy with it.

I had to make an adjustment on my new build. For some reason I lost about 25mm from my Rig to my new Misfit frame. I was in a Large Rig and went to a large Dissent frame. With that loss I felt too cramped with my FU bars. I swapped them out last night for some 17 degree Salsa Motos, I have yet to ride it but the basement ride feels good so far.

Live Life, Ride a Bike!
    One more in the club, I bought my 19" RAW diSSent frame today!! I cant wait to build it up and ride!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I bought easton xc one wheels and i weight the bike and its at 19 pounds the lightest bike I have ever had. Really sick ride.

Misfit Psycles
    since you never brought it up...
    spampsycles.jpg
    if you were to purchase a team membership...HERE
    your account would be upgraded to TEAM (good for 10% off everything thereafter)
    then you could buy a complete HERE, save 130$
    basically it's singlespeed mathematics.

membership requirements?
    essentially the same number of common senses required to read liesnshite.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

slamma
    So do you actualy get a free frame if you sign up on the website....im diggin this bike...can anyone tell me about misfit...whats it about...so forth...id like to join the 29er movement but ive never herd of misfit
    Ride with timeless creed

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SPRAG
    So do you actualy get a free frame if you sign up on the website....im diggin this bike...can anyone tell me about misfit...whats it about...so forth...id like to join the 29er movement but ive never herd of misfit
    Buy one and you will be enlightened. Smiles are free.

Peter, where is the team jersey!

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by SPRAG
    free frame with sign up?
    sorry that program was discontinued before it started, the only reason provided by the accountant was "well that's just dumb".

what about Misfit?
    not much, just probably the greatest single speed corporation in the world.
    or, in the least, Misfit Psycles is the uncle rico of the cycling world.

truth be told this thread is better then any advertisement that could be written in the bowels of the Empire (except maybe for that one with axle rose and the big wheel).

seriously, when someone reads this thread (front to back), they know...either way...yeah or nay.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Beware

I have the only dissent in south florida that I have seen at least, I got one good result in a race and now people are asking me all about my bike! Beware people will copy you! Here is a pic of me wearing a misfit shirt on the podium! Only single speed team on the whole race got third baby! Team Single Speed Cult.

human dehumidifier
    The prizes were longaberger baskets full of products from bath and body works?
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I got wonderful hand lotion yes! haha

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast