mtbr member

Misfit Dissent Fork vs Niner Carbon

Anyone that's ridden both care to share their opinions? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeat007 View Post
    Anyone that's ridden both care to share their opinions? Thanks.
    I started with Misfit fork on my Dissent and I really liked it. I had no issues with it whatsoever. As I went on a quest to get my bike on a diet, I decided to try the Niner, which coincidentally has identical geometry, so nothing felt different in that respect. Of course, Niner has more bling factor but it also is way more money.
    I think you can't go wrong with the Misfit fork for the money.

mtbr member
    I too had the misfit fork. Stiff, stiff stiff. Switched to the niner, lighter, just as precise, but with a noticable amount of compliance. The niner fork is a solid upgrade imho

mtbr member
    Thanks!!! I probably should have specified that I've been riding the Dissent fork for a while and was curious about how it rides as compared to the Niner. I have some Xmas money just burning a hole in my pocket.

snowbound
    Jan 2005
    I was on a Dissent fork and switched to a Niner as well - I found that the Dissent fork was more forgiving, or maybe more "flex" would be more precise - once I switched to the Niner, there was no flex, none of the lag or flex I felt with the Dissent, just precise, sharp.