mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Marzocchi Corsa SL on a Tallboy? Stupid?

My Tallboy Al build is almost complete. I need a 120mm fork with 15mm axle badly to finish the build. My absolute budget is $400 but there is nothing out there in the Rockshox, Fox, which I really want.

I can get a Marzocchi Corsa 29 RL SL for $259 that would fit my specs, but would this be stupid?

I intend this to be a temporary thing until the 2013 RS shocks become available in my specs and then I could sell the Marz for hopefully close to what I paid.

I don't want to ride my Tallboy for the first time and think it sucks though after my investment. I am coming from a Trance with a Revelation RLT.

Am I going to ruin my experience if I try the budget Marz for a few months?
    Thanks!

I like bikes
    W
    Quote Originally Posted by Venturewest View Post
    My Tallboy Al build is almost complete. I need a 120mm fork with 15mm axle badly to finish the build. My absolute budget is $400 but there is nothing out there in the Rockshox, Fox, which I really want.

I can get a Marzocchi Corsa 29 RL SL for $259 that would fit my specs, but would this be stupid?

I intend this to be a temporary thing until the 2013 RS shocks become available in my specs and then I could sell the Marz for hopefully close to what I paid.

I don't want to ride my Tallboy for the first time and think it sucks though after my investment. I am coming from a Trance with a Revelation RLT.

Am I going to ruin my experience if I try the budget Marz for a few months?
    Thanks!
    Used fork that you want?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 29Inches View Post
    W

Used fork that you want?
    Yeah I have been mostly looking at used forks in the RS and Fox. This Marzocchi is new.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    You don't have to steer down the Fox, RockShox path. There are not many Tallboy's out there specced in anything other than Fox or RockShox. The Corsa SL does not come with a tapered steerer or 15mm thru axle, but the Corsa SL RC 29" has tapered steerer and 15mm thru axle. It also looks incredibly sexy, especially its nickel coated 32mm stanchions.
    You can also buy a great Manitou fork for that budget. Look at the Tower Pro which comes with a tapered steerer, but no 15mm thru axle. Based on my experiences with my Manitou Minute fork, they offer incredible performance almost on par with top end RockShox forks for a fraction of the cost.
    Personally, I think you should get a new fork for a new bike. BTW, X-Fusion has some really great forks you can look at too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsetse View Post
    You don't have to steer down the Fox, RockShox path. There are not many Tallboy's out there specced in anything other than Fox or RockShox. The Corsa SL does not come with a tapered steerer or 15mm thru axle, but the Corsa SL RC 29" has tapered steerer and 15mm thru axle. It also looks incredibly sexy, especially its nickel coated 32mm stanchions.
    You can also buy a great Manitou fork for that budget. Look at the Tower Pro which comes with a tapered steerer, but no 15mm thru axle. Based on my experiences with my Manitou Minute fork, they offer incredible performance almost on par with top end RockShox forks for a fraction of the cost.
    Personally, I think you should get a new fork for a new bike. BTW, X-Fusion has some really great forks you can look at too.
    Thanks. I actually picked up a new Manitou Tower Pro 120mm Tapered, 15mm qr. They offer a really cool locking hex 15mm axle now that prevents fork twist around the axle.
    $429 shipped. I watched some youtube videos on the fork and researched the custom tuning of the fork and decided it would be a good fit. (especially at the price)
    I wish it was black, but if I love it I may powder coat it an exact match to my gloss tallboy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Venturewest View Post
    I can get a Marzocchi Corsa 29 RL SL for $259
    Where did you see this?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    Where did you see this?
    BlueSkyCycling.com - 2012 Marzocchi Corsa SL LR 29er Fork

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have the Marzocchi 44 Ti on my Kona Kahuna and love it. I'd get this one for the extra $100.

BlueSkyCycling.com - 2012 Marzocchi Corsa SL 29er Tapered Fork

tapered and if you remove a spacer can be set to 120mm.

Spec from Marzocchi.

Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension - 2012 forks - CORSA SL 29"