mtbr member

Manitou Drake 29er Damper

Anyone know how to get a hold of the upgrade absolute plus damper and does it work any better

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flizzz
    Anyone know how to get a hold of the upgrade absolute plus damper and does it work any better
    explain what you are looking for as 'better' characteristics.

if you want to easily select a low speed compression damping setting, including lock-out or near-lock-out settings, for hammering up hills, then contact your local bike shop and have them order the absolute plus damper from manitou. email Manitoutech@hayesbicycle.com if you have any questions; they usually reply within 3 hours.

if you want to modify your TPC damper to, for example,resist bottom-out forces better, then search on shim stack modification.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

mtbr member
    im tring to eliminate the initial stiffness at the begining of the stroke of the travel it has when you first compress the fork

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    im tring to eliminate the initial stiffness at the begining of the stroke of the travel it has when you first compress the fork
    How old is your Drake? Could it still need some breaking in? Also, how much sag are you running? More sag might help with the initial stroke.
    Can you hear me now?

mtbr member
    fork is about 8 months old i've been told its the platform of the fork its a drake air super absolute

mtbr member
    Manitou Drake 29er Damper-4961286913_0982767fb1_z.jpg

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    fork is about 8 months old i've been told its the platform of the fork its a drake air super absolute
    A while back I was building up a bike for my wife and had purchased a Drake fork. Never actually got to test out the fork since I ended up using an extra Reba that I had. I did notice though that the Drake's initial stroke felt a little sticky but attributed that to the fork being new.
    Can you hear me now?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    From what I have read the ABS + is an improvement. After 8mo. its time to service the fork. I'd check for stichion, when apart, from all moving parts. My buddies 1 season old Nixon had tons of stichion from the rebound o-rings.