Pints&Pedals
    Jul 2010

Lynskey pro29 sl Sizing

Just bought a new '11 Pro 29 Sl. I went to the shop which assured me when I bought it that a medium was the correct size for me. I am 5'11". Does anyone out there have any info on to support this size for me. frame arrived and I saw it and I'm a little concerned. Build has not been completed yet.

Any information will be helpful. Current stem 100mm with straight seatpost.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    i think with that stem and seatpost it will be too small. i am 5'7' and ride a medium with a 90mm stem and a 20mm offset post

Pints&Pedals
    Jul 2010

Build

After Seeing It In The Stand Today Thought That Stem Could Go To A 120mm And Seatpost Needs To Be Laidback To Accomodate Size

mtbr member
    I'm 6' and ride a Large size Lynskey. At 5'11"- 6' we're right in the middle of the size range. Sizing also has a lot to do with length in the legs or torso. I'm a 32" inseam and a Large with a set-back post and short stem feels just right for me. However, I recently rode a new 2011 Pro 29 for a few hours. It was a medium with a straight set-back post and oddly enough it felt pretty good. The smaller size made it easier for me to push the bike around and it felt a bit more nimble as well.

A larger bike will feel more stable and a smaller bike is likely to feel more nimble. I believe at your size you could probably ride either one. You just have to decide which size will suit your riding style best.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Don't you want to set your seet up so the bottom of your knee is in line with the pivot on your peddle at the 3:00 oclock position?

Mojo