mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Lynskey PRO29 frame warranty - Awesome service

I had a PRO29 frame that lifted/cracked at the headtube/toptube weld about 1cm along the weld. Only small but enough to make me worry about riding it. I read lots of reviews about life time warranty, people being pissed off about things not going their way etc... I thought I'd write a positive review.

I live in OZ, bought directly from Don @ Lynskey in 2010. I was cleaning it down and noticed a 1cm lifting in the weld at the toptube / headtube joint. I was worried about if it would be covered, how much postage to the states, and after reading some horror stories about warranties, I nervously sent an email to Don.

He replied within 12 hrs, "sorry to hear you have issues... please send some pictures" etc. I emailed them through. Within a day, had a RA number, was told to strip the frame and send it back.

I looked around for the cheapest way from OZ and FEDEX wanted $600, I reply to Don, with a joke of how much the postage cost, and he even suggested a cheaper method (under $200).

A month later it's arrived back. The weld has been fixed, and refinished. Which is all I asked for. THANKS. They have ALSO added a brand new set of sliders both SS and geared w/ bolts. They ALSO tidied up the dropped chain gouges on the chain stay and ALSO put a brand new head badge on!!! I couldn't be happier.

I'm not sure who / where the bad reviews are coming from, but all my experiences with Lynskey have been very positive. I can understand that people may find that Don adds in the hard sell, but you know what he also backs it up with first rate warranty service and communication. No questions about usage or anything, all I got was YES and how can we help.

I am glad I bought a Lynskey, I love the PRO29, I've raced it both SS and gears and it never fails to make me smile. And now with this warranty service makes me feel even more confident with my decision years later.

Thanks guys! Simon

mtbr member
    Great to hear!

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for sharing your positive experience. Love my Lynskey, 18 months of hard riding and still going strong!

mtbr member
    Always nice to hear about a company doing a good job at the right thing. Especially when it's a company whose product I'm interested in....

Ahhh the pain....
    Yeah, i've cracked my 2010 Ridgeline 2x. They fixed the first and upon the second, Don and i negotiated a deal that put me in a pro29 at a very reasonable cost. In an era where warrantees are limited, the folks at Lynskey do customer service well.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/