Frame - 2012 Lynskey Pro29, Industrial Mill w/ Etched Graphics, Size XL
    Fork - 2007 Reba Race 80mm
    Headset - Chris King Inset 1-1/8" Blue
    Brakes F/R - Magura MT-4
    Rotors F/R - Magura Storm SL
    Wheelset - DT Swiss Onyx Hubs w/ DT Swiss 3.1 Rims
    Tire F - Bontrager ACX 29 x 2.2
    Tire R - Maxxis Ikon EXO 29 x 2.2
    Tubes - Bontrager Boat Anchor (standard tubes..)
    Handlebar - ENVE Sweep (cut to 620 mm)
    Stem - Thompson X4 Mtn 110 mm x 0 deg
    Seatpost - Thompson Elite Setback 27.2 x 410 mm
    Saddle - Fizik Antares Braided Carbon
    BB - Chris King GXP Blue
    Cranks - Truvativ Stylo converted to 1 ring
    F Ring - Blackspire Mono 32T
    Chainguide - MRP 1X seatpost mount
    Cassette - SRAM 11-34T
    R Der - SRAM X-9
    R Shifter - SRAM X-9, 9 sp
    Chain - SRAM
    Grips - ESI Chunky
    Pedals - Crank Bros Candy SL (older)

Went with Magura brakes after having good luck with my Martas I had previously. Aside from the hoses being cut down (had a shop do this), install and setup was pretty simple. They don't have a ton of power yet but the pads obviously are not broken in. I will report back after a few rides.

Coming from an aluminum (Orbea Lanza) 29er, I was impressed how much more muted/comfortable the ride was while being about equal in terms of stiffness out of the saddle. The oversized 2" downtube and 73mm BB shell are a real benefit for this.

I want to change a few things.. going tubeless, new pedals, etc. but was too anxious to get together to ride right away.

Thanks for looking, i'll try to post a couple more pics soon..
    Last edited by TigerRider; 08-08-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRider View Post
    I want to change a few things.. going tubeless, new pedals, etc. but was too anxious to get together to ride right away.

Thanks for looking, i'll try to post a couple more pics soon..
    Sweet Rig

Tubless will be a bigtime help with your rotational weight, especially if you get some lightweight hoops. Sounds like a good idea for your next upgrade.

More Pics Please.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

holy schfincter..
    Couple more pics..

mtbr member
    Dude, sweet ride! I like the muted etching over the stickers. Also, just enough bling to make it yours.

How do you think an XL frame would handle a large Clyde? I saw one in person the other day and they're simply a beautiful bike. I'd love to test ride one. I'd be afraid the frame would be a wet noodle under me. 6'6" 285lbs.
    I know they do custom but don't know if they can go with even larger tubing?
    "Boom"........"Regard me".

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Nice build. Welcome to the club. Been lovin mine all season. What a jump in performance from my other rides. Enjoy.
    High Ho Sultan, Lets GO

holy schfincter..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    How do you think an XL frame would handle a large Clyde? I saw one in person the other day and they're simply a beautiful bike. I'd love to test ride one. I'd be afraid the frame would be a wet noodle under me. 6'6" 285lbs.
    I know they do custom but don't know if they can go with even larger tubing?
    I wouldn't be concerned about your weight, I'm sure the frame is plenty strong as long as you aren't doing anything crazy.. jumping, etc but then again this is a XC race frame, not really intended for that. The width of the BB shell somewhat limits the size of the downtube. I don't believe Lynskey typically does custom tubing, not to say they wont..

Honestly the ETT is only 25.0" on a size XL which i would put on the short side for you. You may have to run a 130mm+ stem and your weight would be pretty far forward..

I was happy with the geometry because at 6'2" i'm in between most 24.5" and 25.2" ETT sizes you see with every other manufacturer. Personally, at 6'6" I would look for a 25.5" ETT frame. There are a lot of them out there.

mtbr member
    That is a beautiful build. Whenever I see the Helix tubes, I always imagine a Superman holding the 2 ends and twisting it.

Trail Junkie
    Awesome ride man!
    I purchased my 2012 on the Leap Day sale which was the frame, industrial mill finish, Cane Creek 110 headset and a SID XX fork. I also purchased the seatpost because the dealer gave me a deal on the post for buying the bundle. I got the SL model and currently have it set up SS, but I am wondering how it ride with gears...funny thing is, I never rode a HT geared 29er in the trails!

I have MT8s on mine and they have been squeek machines...I am making one last attempt to quiet them and then they are being taken off and XTs are going on!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon
    Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    Cervelo S2 Ultegra
    Salsa Selma
    Soul Cycle Dillinger Gen3

Ghost poster
    Apr 2012
    Built mine in early April. Pro 29 sl, Brushed finish with etched graphics, Sid xx, easton ea90xc wheels, cane creek 110, full xtr, niner rdo bars, Lynskey ti post, candy 11 pedals. This bike rides really well. no disapointments here.
    Lynskey Pro 29 SL brushed etched.

holy schfincter..
    Are both of you riding your Sid at 80 or 100mm travel? Just curious, I know the frame was setup for 100mm but my 80mm setup feels pretty normal to me for XC riding..?

AOK
    mtbr member
    Good call on the etched graphics. Looks really nice. Enjoy the new ride!

Trail Junkie
    I run mine at the stock 100, but had to run the stem at a negative rise to get the right fit and even with the saddle. I don't like the way the fork feels at 80mm. The shock rate was designed for 100mm and at 80mm it ramps up too quickly. The 100mm also slows the steering to get a good carve out of corners and makes it feel like a little more bike in techy sections. Thats my take.

I was not impressed with the 2007 and earlier SID/Rebas and was riding Fox at that time. In 2009, I switched back to the Rockshox because of their improved stiffness, better dampening and Motion Control. Now Rockshox are the only thing I ride, and I love them!
    Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    Cervelo S2 Ultegra
    Salsa Selma

mtbr member
    I wouldn't be concerned about your weight, I'm sure the frame is plenty strong as long as you aren't doing anything crazy.. jumping, etc but then again this is a XC race frame, not really intended for that. The width of the BB shell somewhat limits the size of the downtube. I don't believe Lynskey typically does custom tubing, not to say they wont..

Honestly the ETT is only 25.0" on a size XL which i would put on the short side for you. You may have to run a 130mm+ stem and your weight would be pretty far forward..

I was happy with the geometry because at 6'2" i'm in between most 24.5" and 25.2" ETT sizes you see with every other manufacturer. Personally, at 6'6" I would look for a 25.5" ETT frame. There are a lot of them out there.
    Thanks for the real world feedback. I was afraid the tt would be too short.
    Have fun with your new ride. She's a beaut!
    "Boom"........"Regard me".

Ghost poster
    Apr 2012
    Are both of you riding your Sid at 80 or 100mm travel? Just curious, I know the frame was setup for 100mm but my 80mm setup feels pretty normal to me for XC riding..?
    I am running mine at 100mm also, 5 degree negative stem. I actually find my self riding it locked out more than not, even though locked out on this fork is not really fully locked out and will take a big hit when it happens.
    Lynskey Pro 29 SL brushed etched.

holy schfincter..
    Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    Good call on the etched graphics. Looks really nice. Enjoy the new ride!
    Yea, I was on the fence on that one, now I know I definitely made the right call!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Why no Ti seat post? Just curious...I'm working on a Ti build myself.

holy schfincter..
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyon93108 View Post
    Why no Ti seat post? Just curious...I'm working on a Ti build myself.
    No need really. With a size XL frame, I wasnt worried about compliance. Thompson stuff is light and stiff and goes well with the build.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Well just for the record, I have the XL and Ti post is a verrrrrry welcomed addition and complement to the frame. Just FYI Give her a try if you have the chance...
    High Ho Sultan, Lets GO

Trail Junkie
    +1 on the Lynksey Ti post! It adds a large degree of comfort compared to the Thompson Elite. Though I have never used a Masterpiece post, I would still venture to say the Ti would be more comfortable by default of the material alone. It really feels alot like my old Scalpel w/ 60mm of travel from years ago!
    Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    Cervelo S2 Ultegra
    Salsa Selma

mtbr member
    Hey folks, my 2009 Pro 29 single speed cracked and my replacement frame will be a 2014 Pro 29 SL the geometry has changed a bit and the frame has been designed around a 100mm fork rather than 80mm. I was told by Lynskey not to run an 80 on the new frame and they suggested a 100 or 120 and I've never heard of anyone using a 120 on a race bike. Have any of you had a problem running an 80, like pedal strikes while cornering, twitchy handling, etc? They slackened the headtube angle a couple years ago and I wanted to make up for it by running an 80. Plus they lengthened the chain stays while most manufactures are shortening them.

mtbr member
    Hey folks, my 2009 Pro 29 single speed cracked and my replacement frame will be a 2014 Pro 29 SL the geometry has changed a bit and the frame has been designed around a 100mm fork rather than 80mm. I was told by Lynskey not to run an 80 on the new frame and they suggested a 100 or 120 and I've never heard of anyone using a 120 on a race bike. Have any of you had a problem running an 80, like pedal strikes while cornering, twitchy handling, etc? They slackened the headtube angle a couple years ago and I wanted to make up for it by running an 80. Plus they lengthened the chain stays while most manufactures are shortening them.

holy schfincter..
    Quote Originally Posted by your.bike.sucks@gmail.com View Post
    Mine is also the newer geometry being a 2012 and my 80mm fork feels fine. I was told the same about running a 100mm fork but steering doesn't feel twitchy or front end low at all. Try with your existing 80mm fork, can always get a 100mm if it doesn't work well for you. But I agree, 120mm is overkill for XC riding.